PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Positives today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised nobody mentioned wilfork, I thought he was pretty stout against the run the entire game. On one paticular play in the second half he absolutely blew mangold up n drove him probably five yards back.

Wilfork did play extremely well for most of the game. You're right.

Yeah. Welker = Oklahoma City.

Edelman = San Mateo County, CA. [Hmmm . . . why does that ring a bell? ;)]

Yeah, he is from Oklahoma City but we don't really consider ourselves a small town. About 1.7 million in the city area. Hell, we've got an NBA team (I know, who cares, I feel the same way) but I see what you mean when compared to east coast cities.

1) Brady not injured.

3) Fan's expectations have landed back to Earth.

1) It's funny/not cool at all that this is now a positive from every game. But I completely agree. To healthiness!

3) If the bills game didn't do this I'm not sure what can

Belichick, based on the number of flags should have enough to talk about this week.

Small town school?

Kent State? the MAC certainly isn't huge these days...

As for Tech - the point here is that both players were under the radar after college - Edelman a 7th rounder and Welker undrafted.

if he was black you wouldnt be making the comparison so lol

ummm yes i would actually. I'm not sure what skin color has to do with....well anything at all

Thanks for starting this thread. Here are the positives as I see them (in no particular order):

1. Bodden is earning his money. In two games, he has been very good. In fact, Sanchez didn't really attack that side of the field much at all. He has been strong in run support as well. I like what I'm seeing from him.

2. Wilhite had a very strong game today. Yes, he did allow some big plays, but he also prevented a few. On one play, in particular, he was running stride-for-stride with the receiver and made a good play on the ball.

WHAT???????????????? These two are my bads from the game. Wilhite made one play, the one you alluded to - but that's expected from a corner. Staying "stride for stride" on one play does not make a good day im afraid.

as for bodden - the undoubtedly worst tackler on this team - Whenever a player doesn't last in detroit his career is over. I know players have come to NE to revive their careers before, but Bodden is NOT good

Surprised nobody mentioned wilfork, I thought he was pretty stout against the run the entire game. On one paticular play in the second half he absolutely blew mangold up n drove him probably five yards back.

good call on wilfork too - the second he left the game is the second their running game got a boost. he was a beast as usual on the run D. I love him.

ummm yes i would actually. I'm not sure what skin color has to do with....well anything at all

apparently it has to do with your judgment of a player

i also think nunn is better than edelman but edelman made the team because he was a draft pick and nunn was a free agent

You do realize this makes no sense whatsoever, don't you?

as for bodden - the undoubtedly worst tackler on this team - Whenever a player doesn't last in detroit his career is over. I know players have come to NE to revive their careers before, but Bodden is NOT good

There is absolutely no basis for this statement.

Bodden is clearly this team's #1 CB at this point in time.

You do realize this makes no sense whatsoever, don't you?

why doesnt it make sense

theres certainly an interest in keeping draft picks over undrafted free agents

apparently it has to do with your judgment of a player

Do you have any evidence/support to believe if Edelman was black, that no one would compare to Welker?

Haven't you heard the comparisons between Hulk Hogan and The Rock??

Wait, is The Rock black? Either way dude...you're wrong.

Really.

Please, do explain.

it doesnt merit an explanation

if nunn was a 7th round pick and edelman was a undrafted free agent their roles would be reversed right now

Do you have any evidence/support to believe if Edelman was black, that no one would compare to Welker?

Haven't you heard the comparisons between Hulk Hogan and The Rock??

Wait, is The Rock black? Either way dude...you're wrong.

lol wtf

pro wrestling comparisons are topical, timely, and relevant

if nunn was a 7th round pick and edelman was a undrafted free agent their roles would be reversed right now

Kevin O'Connell says hi.

It certainly does. Crazy talk always merits an explanation.

On what basis are you making that claim? You really think the Patriots would keep an inferior player because he was a seventh round pick? Please explain the thought process behind that, would you?

That might be the looniest thing I've read here all day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes