PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Positives today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
nuff negative , lets focus on the positive

Jullian Eldeman and Stephen Ghostkowski...

Any thing else.???

The only positive today was Edelman, nothing/no one else

1st half defense. the jets has nothing in the passing game for a long time.

Running game looked decent when they actually ran the ball :mad:

1st half defense. the jets has nothing in the passing game for a long time.

I think that was more the Jets, being extremely careful with their play calling rather than the Pats D. Once the Jets opened the playbook thats when things went down hill

Fred Taylor had great yardage on limited carries and Maroney didn't do bad himself but the OC seems to be hell bent on "slinging it" all over the place. Through TWO games Brady has exactly 100 pass attempts which is nuts. RUN THE DAMN BALL!

The run defense was pretty good and man coverage solid. Seems like zone defense is where they get burned. Zone with a 4 man rush just won't cut it. Hey Peas can we dial up some heat now and then? One extra freakin pass rusher won't hurt that much I don't think! That guy runs a really passive read and react defense. I haven't seen the Patriots play attack defense since Romeo was here.

I'm leaning toward hoping to see a WR lineup of Eldeman, Moss and Welker. The Brady to Galloway experiment looks to have blown up in someone face over there in Foxborough.

Let me ask this? Who here would welcome back Gaffney or heck even Caldwell right now?

Chris Hansen punted pretty well.

I think that was more the Jets, being extremely careful with their play calling rather than the Pats D. Once the Jets opened the playbook thats when things went down hill

And that's the scary thing in future games. As Sanchez gets more comfortable he may be able to march up and down the field on teams.

Edelman

Wilhite

Fred Taylor

One week closer to Mayo returning

Any thing else.???

As a result of playing for New England, Gostkowski has reached 400 career points faster than anyone else in NFL history.

[An interesting fact: only one player in NFL history—a kicker—has scored 500 points in his first four seasons in the league.]

I'm leaning toward hoping to see a WR lineup of Eldeman, Moss and Welker. The Brady to Galloway experiment looks to have blown up in someone face over there in Foxborough.

Let me ask this? Who here would welcome back Gaffney or heck even Caldwell right now?

U wouldn't mind having gaffs back.

Great tackle by Larry Izzo.

Attachments

• li.jpg
    li.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
wilhite is really good

edelman isnt really a positive though, he needs some seasoning. its pretty clear that he was off timing on some routes.

wilhite is really good

edelman isnt really a positive though, he needs some seasoning. its pretty clear that he was off timing on some routes.

A poor man's Wes Welker is still better than no Welker at all.

Last edited:

Any thing else.???

Gost did what was expected...

Even Edelman could've played better - don't get me wrong he played awesome. but i know he's capable of more. Get rid of the dropped passes and missed routes and he's a studly man.

whoever said 1st half D was right.

Mike Wright was SPECTACULAR

AD also came to play. His versitility is reallllllly paying off.

How bout Shawn Springs steeping into saftey and in the nickel packages? Also did his job.

Oh, and special teams and passing offense...those were also great.

No more pressure for the perfect season :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes