PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Positives today

Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly does. Crazy talk always merits an explanation.

On what basis are you making that claim? You really think the Patriots would keep an inferior player because he was a seventh round pick? Please explain the thought process behind that, would you?

That might be the looniest thing I've read here all day.

no youre right the patriots are a special team that only does magical things that other teams dont do and are correct 100% of the time, i cant wait until i get my patriots unicorn so i can ride around on it with you

Last edited:
Positives today? I can't watch the rest of the season with low expectations.

no youre right the patriots are a special team that only does magical things that other teams dont do and are correct 100% of the time, i cant wait until i get my patriots unicorn so i can ride around on it with you

I'll just take it as an admission that there's no logical basis for your claim, and you just pulled it right out of your posterior.

Giselle did a nice job fixing Tom's bangs after the game

I'll just take it as an admission that there's no logical basis for your claim, and you just pulled it right out of your posterior.

hey let me find a 'logical basis for my claim' about my opinion on sports like everyone else

Tell me about it. JackBauer is the biggest blue KoolAid drinker there is. BB can do no wrong and every decision that is made by the FO is a perfectly well thought out piece of architecture.

Jack, give us a break and take of the damn homer hat and call things they way they actually are.

You can say it: Yes, Joey Galloway was a pppp---oooo-rrr, you can do it, c'mon, pooooorrr signing by the Patriots..........You did it Jack, yes....................

Last edited:
There is absolutely no basis for this statement.

Bodden is clearly this team's #1 CB at this point in time.

How is he the #1 corner? Just because the Dirty Sanchez "didn't throw his way" doesn't mean he had a good week. The jets offense clearly was not passing-based - they didn't let sanchez lose it with his arm. they were NOT scared of bodden.

his coverage is mediocre at best. he had one pick last year and god knows how many passes he and the lions defended. He regularly misplays tackles and simply cannot get the job done. He missed 2+ tackles today. In fact, Wilhite also whiffed big-time on the huge pass to start the second half, but you seem to like him too.

Basis enough or shall i continue?

why doesnt it make sense

theres certainly an interest in keeping draft picks over undrafted free agents

dude, that didn't make sense at all. they kept edelman because he's a better player. there's a reason nunn didn't clear waivers. you think edelman would've???? the answer is no.

hey let me find a 'logical basis for my claim' about my opinion on sports like everyone else

So you're saying that you form opinions that are not based on logic? Gosh, I'd love to spend a day on your planet.

Last edited:
it doesnt merit an explanation

if nunn was a 7th round pick and edelman was a undrafted free agent their roles would be reversed right now

But since Nunn is not better and Edelman was drafted, that's not how it is. What is your point?

If Nunn was better he'd be on the team? I agree with the statement, but he's not better. Ask Belichick

WHAT???????????????? These two are my bads from the game. Wilhite made one play, the one you alluded to - but that's expected from a corner. Staying "stride for stride" on one play does not make a good day im afraid.

as for bodden - the undoubtedly worst tackler on this team - Whenever a player doesn't last in detroit his career is over. I know players have come to NE to revive their careers before, but Bodden is NOT good

Well, you and I will just have to disagree. I've seen good coverage and good tackling from Bodden. Wilhite played well in this game, IMO. I question what you've seen out of Bodden "NOT good" as you put it. You've watched two games and declared him a bad player. Interesting.

Last edited:
Tell me about it. JackBauer is the biggest blue KoolAid drinker there is. BB can do no wrong and every decision that is made by the FO is a perfectly well thought out piece of architecture.

Jack, give us a break and take of the damn homer hat and call things they way they actually are.

You can say it: Yes, Joey Galloway was a pppp---oooo-rrr, you can do it, c'mon, pooooorrr signing by the Patriots..........You did it Jack, yes....................

Actually I've been fairly critical of the coaching staff this year.

Thing is, I don't just arbitrarily make up things about players I don't like, and I don't pose arguments that are ludicrous on their face like the Patriots playing Edelman over Nunn (when Nunn is supposedly better) because Edelman was a 7th round pick and Nunn an UDFA. I mean, it takes a "special" perspective on football to have that even resemble sense.

lol wtf

pro wrestling comparisons are topical, timely, and relevant

haha thank you!!

ok, would you rather the john lynch vs. rodney harrison comparison? both hard-hitting safties with great range...both different colors.

my point is proven.

i was making fun of you

I don't really care. People can form their own judgments, but you obviously don't need any help from me in revealing the depth of your expertise :)

How is he the #1 corner? Just because the Dirty Sanchez "didn't throw his way" doesn't mean he had a good week. The jets offense clearly was not passing-based - they didn't let sanchez lose it with his arm. they were NOT scared of bodden.

his coverage is mediocre at best. he had one pick last year and god knows how many passes he and the lions defended. He regularly misplays tackles and simply cannot get the job done. He missed 2+ tackles today. In fact, Wilhite also whiffed big-time on the huge pass to start the second half, but you seem to like him too.

Basis enough or shall i continue?

Because he's the best corner on the team. I'm glad you can read the minds now of the Jet's players and coaching staff :rolleyes:

I wonder if playing on the worst defense in the NFL had any effect on his performance last year. No, that couldn't be it!

I like both Bodden and Wilhite. You have no basis for your criticism of Bodden; please cite two plays where he was beaten/torched this season. Be specific; these nebulous criticisms mean nothing.

Last edited:
Because he's the best corner on the team. I'm glad you can read the minds now of the Jet's players and coaching staff :rolleyes:

I wonder if playing on the worst defense in the NFL had any effect on his performance last year. No, that couldn't be it!

I like both Bodden and Wilhite. You have no basis for your criticism of Bodden; please name two plays where he was beaten/torched this season.

both of them are so much better than the trash we trotted out there last year its incredible, wilhite especially looks really good and has tons of potential

Nunn wasn't just an UDFA ... he came out in 2008 and sat out of football for a year.

Not a single team wanted him in 2008, even for the PS.

Well, you and I will just have to disagree. I've seen good coverage and good tackling from Bodden. Wilhite played well in this game, IMO. I question what you've seen out of Bodden "NOT good" as you put it. You've watched two games and declared him a bad player. Interesting.

No, no, no. I've watched Bodden for years now. He had one decent year in clev. that's all he has to show with his 8-or so year career. and by decent i mean he had a team leading 6 int's...something along those lines. He underperformed in clev for years and failed out of detroit of all places last year.

No, sir, he has been bad for more than 2 games.

And you're certainly not the only Wilhite admirer- i seem to be in the minority here. It'll be something to watch for in the future so we can settle. I know he's capable, just don't think he's performed up to standards today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back