PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Positives today

Status
Not open for further replies.
wilhite is really good

edelman isnt really a positive though, he needs some seasoning. its pretty clear that he was off timing on some routes.

Wasn't exactly wowed by his returns either.

skin color doesnt make him wes welker dude

8 catches for 98 yards, about half of that after the catch. Outstanding change of direction ability.

That sounds like Welker.

Well we don't see 100 posts about how our defense suck so bad so that's a good thing. And for offense.....well we can only go up from this point, no? And it was good practice for Baltimore game.

Gost did what was expected...

Even Edelman could've played better - don't get me wrong he played awesome. but i know he's capable of more. Get rid of the dropped passes and missed routes and he's a studly man.

A lot of people failed to live up to "expectations."

As far as Edelman goes, even he knows he has room for improvement.

Mike Wright was SPECTACULAR.

A forced fumble on Dirty's first snap? Spectacular, indeed.

Defense did a great job contained Leon Washington. The secondary was solid again outside of that one blown play by Wilhite. Guyton looked decent filling in for Mayo - not great, but serviceable.

8 catches for 98 yards, about half of that after the catch. Outstanding change of direction ability.

That sounds like Welker.

dropped balls and missed timing on routes dont though and that was more important

id rather have nunn than edelman three times over right now

1) Brady not injured.

2) Team's deficiencies fully exposed for Bill's correction.

3) Fan's expectations have landed back to Earth.

skin color doesnt make him wes welker dude

how about quickness? position? height? toughness? versatility? small town school? background?

what else you need? the comparison is obvious dude

how about quickness? position? height? toughness? versatility? small town school? background?

Small town school?

if he was black you wouldnt be making the comparison so lol

also yeah texas tech small town school

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this thread. Here are the positives as I see them (in no particular order):

1. Bodden is earning his money. In two games, he has been very good. In fact, Sanchez didn't really attack that side of the field much at all. He has been strong in run support as well. I like what I'm seeing from him.

2. Wilhite had a very strong game today. Yes, he did allow some big plays, but he also prevented a few. On one play, in particular, he was running stride-for-stride with the receiver and made a good play on the ball.

3. Maroney is a very effective kick returner. He's no Ellis Hobbs, but he's given the Patriots great field position in consecutive games. Get that guy in space, and he's dangerous.

4. Give Edelmann some time to really learn what he's doing, and he's going to be so nasty to defend, especially if Welker can get back and return to form.

dropped balls and missed timing on routes dont though and that was more important

id rather have nunn than edelman three times over right now

You do realize he is a rookie, right? And that he played QB in college? I'm not making excuses for him but to depend on rookie WR who played QB in college in order to win a game is asking for little too much at game two of his career.

Defense did a great job contained Leon Washington. The secondary was solid again outside of that one blown play by Wilhite. Guyton looked decent filling in for Mayo - not great, but serviceable.

I'm actually surprised we didn't see more wildcat from Leon - they showed it more than a few times against Houston.

They're playcalling in the first half was very predictable/conservative. I'm was expecting Leon in the Wildcat in the 2nd series...

guess it didn't matter...could they be saving it for game 2? or have the pats simply defused the wildcat mystery?

Surprised nobody mentioned wilfork, I thought he was pretty stout against the run the entire game. On one paticular play in the second half he absolutely blew mangold up n drove him probably five yards back.

You do realize he is a rookie, right? And that he played QB in college? I'm not making excuses for him but to depend on rookie WR who played QB in college in order to win a game is asking for little too much at game two of his career.

no i like edelman, dont get me wrong, and he actually didnt play badly. i think he will be a very good player for our team (hes not welker though and people expecting him to be because hes white are ridiculous)

but when it came down to it he was off on route timing in this game and he could have been better use in the red zone (though this was a function of **** play calling too).

i also think nunn is better than edelman but edelman made the team because he was a draft pick and nunn was a free agent

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back