PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Positives today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another one: Brady isn't on IR.

After last year, getting knocked out of the playoffs in week 1, it's nice to know we still have a chance to get better starting next week.

Best Patriot on the field today. :)

Yeah he probably was I agree, the guy is irreplaceable it would be a shame to lose such a talent. One play that me made today was when he blew up that screen play...

I'd say the negatives are postives.

• Penalties. Ahead, lose the ill-timed penaltes and they're in a better position.
  • The Brady-Galloway uglyness gets addressed. Ahead, they get on the same page with routes and timing.
  • Brady looked off on his longer passes. Ahead, he gets used to throwing longer with his knee.
Today was an odd game. Maybe this team is finding itself. Is that too warm and fuzzy?

It was a nice sunny day,how is that for positive? :D

Positive #5: We won't be losing another OC to a head-coaching gig next season.

1) The team wasnt embarassed, lit up, or humiliated. Exposed probably but no more so than we were in 2007 by the Ravens and SB Giants.

2) 16 points allowed in an away game against a rival pumped up to busting

3) this to my mind is the game Brady needed. He was rusty last week and rusty again this week. Knowing the competitor he is he will be riding himself and the O to major improvements. This was the pressure that he needs to forget his knee. Its not just proximity, its overall pressure.

4) Wilfork, we have to pay this guy. With Sey gone and Mayo out he is the heart of our D.

5) Its only week 2 - I would much rather have September problems than ones in December.

6) Rex wont be able to conscript another of our QBs. I have to think that most of the Offensive plays were known with KoC released only 3 weeks ago. He was a big help, and now has diminishing value.

7) I am really looking forward to the return match. Do you remember what happened to the Steelers after their rookie won the first match of the season (ending our 21 game streak)? The pay-back was one of my favorite all-time games.

8) I suspect the Jets will be peaking early

I disagree. The offense and its coaching staff were indeed embarrassed.

1) The team wasnt embarassed, lit up, or humiliated. Exposed probably but no more so than we were in 2007 by the Ravens and SB Giants.

3) this to my mind is the game Brady needed. He was rusty last week and rusty again this week. Knowing the competitor he is he will be riding himself and the O to major improvements. This was the pressure that he needs to forget his knee. Its not just proximity, its overall pressure.

4) Wilfork, we have to pay this guy. With Sey gone and Mayo out he is the heart of our D.

5) Its only week 2 - I would much rather have September problems than ones in December.

6) Rex wont be able to conscript another of our QBs. I have to think that most of the Offensive plays were known with KoC released only 3 weeks ago. He was a big help, and now has diminishing value.

7) I am really looking forward to the return match. Do you remember what happened to the Steelers after their rookie won the first match of the season (ending our 21 game streak)? The pay-back was one of my favorite all-time games.

The only embarrassing thing to me is for all the talking the Jets did, they backed it up and beat us. We still outgained them in total yards so it's not like they kicked our behinds up and down the field.

The only embarrassing thing to me is for all the talking the Jets did, they backed it up and beat us. We still outgained them in total yards so it's not like they kicked our behinds up and down the field.

The Patriots scored in the single digits, with that offense. If they're not embarrassed, they should be.

The reception on my TV was fantastic, and the food and beer were great, thats about it.

1) I hate losing to the Jets. Just hate it. Thats twice in a row and it is pissing me off.

2) Well it sounds like the Jets were fired up. Every team will be fired up to play the Patriots now.

3) Brady is in absolutely horrible form. I think they need to adjust their offensive philosophy a bit and run the ball more often. Get the O-line some confidence to dictate to the D-line.

4) Don't count on it.

5) I agree, there is an awful lot of football left to be played.

6) Rex Ryan is a buffoon. Yesterday was his one hit wonder.

7) Patriots outscoring the Celtics in the return match at Gillette would be nice.

8) They and the Jills always peak early.

Additionally: The Patriots are using September and October of 09 to rebuilding and hopefully, start competing in November after the bye week. I refuse to believe that this is a finished product (if it was I start following the Celtics the minute the Red Sox season ends).

You mean like when he punted through the back of the end zone from the Jets 35 yard line for a 15 yard net punt?

Yeah, WTF was up with that?

What they first should've tried to do was gain enough positive yards to make a 4th-down attempt feasible;
failing that, they should've either tried a FG,
or have Brady or Ghost pooch-punt,
or fake the punt & tried to run/pass for the 1st down.

But if this lethargic, unimaginative, arrogant coaching staff insisted on punting, then the very least they should've done was tell their Punter to AIM FOR THE DAMN COFFIN CORNER.

wilhite is really good

edelman isnt really a positive though, he needs some seasoning. its pretty clear that he was off timing on some routes.

Was it him that was off or Brady? Brady looked to be off most of the game. The only knock I had on Edelman was his one drop. But you can't fault him too much when you've got vets like Moss and Galloway dropping them also.

I think that Mike Wright played a helluva game. There were numerous times where he was drawing a double-team and he stood his ground without getting pushed back. That is saying a lot about him.

I think that Jarvis Green also played a good game and has improved in his run defense a lot.

if he was black you wouldnt be making the comparison so lol

also yeah texas tech small town school

Why are you being an arse and bringing color into it? Seriously, your comments are friggin racist.

As for the small town school comments, yes, they are wrong. What would have been more appropriate is him saying that they both faced adversity (Welker as a walk-on and Edelman as needing to go to JUCO) before they thrived. And its not like Texas Tech is known for its outstanding football products..

And you're certainly not the only Wilhite admirer- i seem to be in the minority here. It'll be something to watch for in the future so we can settle. I know he's capable, just don't think he's performed up to standards today

You aren't in the minority here at all, just look at the 5 good player/5 who need more practice thread. The majority has Wilhite on their 5 poor player list, he is not as bad as some think, and not as good as some think--probably somewhere in the middle. IMO, he is obviously the weak link in this secondary, and better step up quickly, as I expect him to get picked on until he shows improvement. Those saying he played well are the ones who saw the one good play where he was stride for stride, but the ball was overthrown. Other than that I saw him playing average at best.

Matt Ryan has looked damn good so far, and certainly has the ability to torch his side of the field. Everyone is so high on the D's 1st half performance but there was no doubt that Rex Ryan was going to play conservatively, letting his defense try to establish the game. Sanchez threw at will in the 2nd half, throwing for 150 yards and what should've been 2 TD's. IMO, that's not a good showing, and I think the D as a whole, and the secondary was absolutely torched. Yes, they played well against his 5 pass attempts in the 1st half, but that isn't really too indicative of the overall outcome.

Despite what many think, I saw this defense get completely lit up as soon as they started to develop their scheme changes etc, especially in the 2nd half. We were unable to establish any pressure at all, were so/so against the run, horrible in the middle of the field on screens etc, and not too great in the secondary. I just think Rex was preventing the rookie from losing it to us until the Jets were able to see what we were doing/how we were doing it. I am not as high on this defense as some.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back