Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

POLL: Has Bill Lost Pleayer Support

• Total voters
They are going to get rolled over by the raiders.

Jakobi Meyers will have 100 yards and a TD.

While Juju will catch 3 yard passes and continue to show he's washed up

What will always, always make me shake my head is looking back on the end of the Brady era. There were so many who didn’t want to bolster the talent around him and really go all in because well, we couldn’t give away the future. We can’t ever bottom out!! We needed to be ready to win after Brady.

People didn’t want to trade future picks. They were fine winning the Jimmy Johnson draft points value battle with the constant trade downs, or trade outs for future picks even though we were losing the overall talent war.

Too many took the dynasty for granted, including Bill. Like what they were doing was repeatable. Brady obviously had enough left if you gave him a cast. But we absolutely couldn’t sacrifice the future.

The future so many looked to protect while we squandered the last years of the GOAT is here. How ironic that it’s basically just as bad as if we had traded a ton of future picks in an effort to put more talent around TB12 while we still had that lightning in a bottle.

Because it's about bills philosophy. The only reason it worked previously is Brady was so good he covered up for alot of roster mistakes.

Heck. Imagine if Bill actually got his way and traded Gronk to Detroit in 2018? No rams Superbowl win.

Bill is still building the roster the same way. At least on offense. Get the cheapest players possible.

31st in spending...and what that gets you is a 31st ranked offense

He has lost a lot of key pieces from the locker room, but something is wrong that much is clear.

Someone compared our team to chess pieces and we are a board of all pawns hard to really argue.

Yeah, there's definitely been a bit of an issue. Things were good in 2021 but ever since Josh left and took a ton of the staff with him, it's felt like Bill's been stretched thin and putting coaches in places they're not fit for. Probably has caused issues with buy-in, and then pair that with a weak roster, which further diminishes the message getting through. If he were to leave and be able to put together a new staff elsewhere on a team that's already halfway decent who had a dumbass HC (Chargers if Staley gets canned?) he would probably be able to rack up some wins for a little while, get his record and retire after a few years.
I've said this around that time

In fact I did research on all our coaching staff - Not only had we the fewest members of all the NFL, AFAIK I think literally everyone but 1 or 2 was a either a "2nd-chancer" or had no 1st level college football/ good NFL experience. I even expressed how bad it was that our coaching staff is full of nepotism and no-one outside of Bill's "trusted bubble"

I got called names by the regulars here, who could not see it coming.

This suckiness has been building for a long, long time.

I have always been a huge BB apologist, but my faith in him has waned to the point where he should leave on his own volition, sooner rather than later.
Simply this team is FUBAR... and beyond repair.

I think they might need to. Despite my adoration of BB he’s been unsuccessful in acquiring game changers and has left the cupboard bare.

Even the greatest eventually decline and I fear it is what’s happened here.
He didn't leave the cupboard bare but he gave the best ingredients away for nothing and they went on to make award winning dishes with other teams At the rate Bill's going now it'll take him a decade or more to get his cherished record. Let him break it somewhere else.

In fact I did research on all our coaching staff - Not only had we the fewest members of all the NFL, AFAIK I think literally everyone but 1 or 2 was a either a "2nd-chancer" or had no 1st level college football/ good NFL experience. I even expressed how bad it was that our coaching staff is full of nepotism and no-one outside of Bill's "trusted bubble"

Somehow Bill has managed to get fans here to complain about the players but not the coaches, while at the same time dumping all-time talent without replacements. I think he did it by not defining the roles of the coaches publicly, which leaves the fans with nobody else to blame but the players.

Criteria 1A: Friend of Bill
Criteria 1B: Beholden to Bill

No, they ultimately got trucked because they were on the field literally the majority of the game because the offense couldn't stay on the field. It was literally a difference of 39:34 to 20:26, including 18:52 to 11:08 in the first half.

The offense had one offensive first down the entire second half.

One.

They had five offensive first downs for the entire game, and zero in the fourth quarter.
This is why it's unfair to look at numbers. All 3 phases of the game are intertwined and right now the offense is anemic and dragging them down.

Because it's about bills philosophy. The only reason it worked previously is Brady was so good he covered up for alot of roster mistakes.

Heck. Imagine if Bill actually got his way and traded Gronk to Detroit in 2018? No rams Superbowl win.

Bill is still building the roster the same way. At least on offense. Get the cheapest players possible.

31st in spending...and what that gets you is a 31st ranked offense
31st? Who the heck's behind them?

I was in the locker room the other day and I never saw BB. I don't get that. He should be there, holding their hands, hugging them, building them up, giving the old 1-2-buckle-my-shoe pep talk to stoke their egos. These guys aren't professionals, they are just kids trying to find their way in life. BB has to do more, show them how to execute and remember their names. Show them where to go BB, don't eat that 2nd plate of pasta. It's more than fundamentals. It's windamentals. Never should have canceled those practices with the Titans, that was the beginning of the end. Discipline right out the window.

I was in the locker room the other day and I never saw BB. I don't get that. He should be there, holding their hands, hugging them, building them up, giving the old 1-2-buckle-my-shoe pep talk to stoke their egos. These guys aren't professionals, they are just kids trying to find their way in life. BB has to do more, show them how to execute and remember their names. Show them where to go BB, don't eat that 2nd plate of pasta. It's more than fundamentals. It's windamentals. Never should have canceled those practices with the Titans, that was the beginning of the end. Discipline right out the window.
How did you get into the locker room?

I'm really tempted to defer to your expertise on giving up, considering "quitter" is your middle name. But then, your abiding lack of football knowledge holds sway.

Of course you failed to consider this defense: (1) got no offensive support (156 total yards, eight punts, three turnovers, 0 points); (2) was on the field a whopping 39:34; (3) STILL limited New Orleans to 304 total yards; (4) STILL held the Saints to 30-percent third-down conversions.

No, they did not quit. But they had ample excuses to quit, considering how things unfolded and first game without Judon and Gonzalez, arguably their two best players.
any team that gives up consecutive 3d and 8 when the game is still "somewhat" in the balance (the first was from the NO 8), yes, has quit. wide open receivers, missed tackles, pass rush not getting near the QB is the very definition of quit...so they quit and they're not good...a great combination from the HC of the NEP

The Saints were not the worse offense at all. Ranked 19th before today.

The Pats quit because BB allowed Corky Mac to lose the game. BB won't change QBs during a game until the score is out of reach. That way the guy coming in can't win and Corkys job is safe.

This tells me that Corky is starting the entire season.
The saints had the 19th best offense with their QB injured and their best player out for much of that time (Kamara). Keeping that Offense to 20 is nothing to be ashamed of.

Somehow Bill has managed to get fans here to complain about the players but not the coaches, while at the same time dumping all-time talent without replacements. I think he did it by not defining the roles of the coaches publicly, which leaves the fans with nobody else to blame but the players.
OK, I'll ask.

Do you believe that the coaches on Defense are performing poorly? I agree that they should have more assistants to better prepare for the future, but there is little wrong with the coaching on Defense. Yes, the run defense could be better, but that is quibbling and partly due to the need for another player in the run defense rotation (that player was Ekuale).

Just BTW, I think that ST's play has been considerably worse in the last couple of seasons. And I understand that losing you punt returner hurts.

This play is NOT a result of Bill not providing players. Bill adds talented players every year. Schooler was brought in last year. Board and Speed were brought in this year. Wilson is also her for his ST play. Personally, I think that the results are a result of poor coaching.

I don’t agree with calling Zappe “crappy” but his addition into the game, and his subsequent struggles, also just emphasizes how devoid of talent they are on offense. It also didn’t help that Douglas went down, and there’s literally no one other than Bourne who could be considered their version of “explosive.”

I don’t think starting Zappe is going to do much other than maybe have them win a couple of games against lesser talent if they manage to figure anything out, but I’m not currently high on Mac right now, either. Not to mention, not a lot of teams left on the schedule who fall into that “lesser talent” category as reality just punched them in the face in a big way and they don’t really have the horses to answer.

And with the offensive line being as bad as it is, they’re hosed no matter who they put back there. The people calling for Malik Cunningham don’t realize that to play that style for 60 minutes requires an insane amount of improvising, which I only know of one other QB who can do that consistently and he’s in Kansas City. That’s just too big of an ask with a group this porous.

Mike Reiss said two weeks ago he thought they were in trouble and he’s definitely right. And I don’t see a solution through this with so many games still left to play.

Probably going to be a bumpy ride.

Scared Josh Dallas GIF by NBC
Agree 100%.

So in this business there must be someone to blame. I think it is a series of people to blame starting at the top with Bob Kraft.

I would not like to see Bill Belichick get bounced out after all he had done for Bob Kraft and Us Fans.

Quickly, I would say move him to the GM position but IMO he has failed in that job lately.

Your thoughts, please, thanks

Lost the locker room?
There's no way any of us knows the answer to that. Anyone who pretends they do is full of **** Players certainly aren't talking, nor should they.
Lost his mind? Now there's a legit question

Rodney Harrison in last night's pre game show said the young players aren't listening to Bill.

Devin McCourty has also said Bill needs to change.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back