PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Not Happy With the Groceries

Good question it may have been a late rounder like a 6th? I'll say the best news as far as the WR is juju being not available. I just want to evaluate what's left on this roster. I want to see Boutte play. Even if we somehow won Sunday by a miracle then to get embarrassed next week at Buffalo.
There's not much to see though. It seems like Bill decided to dump players and tank the season. If that's his strategy it's working like a charm.

There's not much to see though. It seems like Bill decided to dump players and tank the season. If that's his strategy it's working like a charm.
He's been doing that since Brady left though with his roster decisions. I just want to see boutee and or Thornton to see if they will part of mayos plan next season.

Yes, I sense that as well. And you know something I believe the feeling would then be mutual. I sense there were some things internally that took place during the off-season that likely put some constraints on the relationships in the organization. I can very much see this happening. If Brady can leave.. then so can BB. We don't want it to happen we all want BB the coach to coach this team out this funk. But they are in to deep.. internally and on the field thier is striffe..

Defensively the air was let out the balloon with judon and gonzo. Just summarizes the season.
Bill got the Pats into this funk and I don't have confidence that he'll get them out. Plus, he's been pretty rude for 25 years and a new guy would be a breath of fresh air.

But back to the topic. IF it's true that Jones is complaining about the groceries, then that would be like the sour milk complaining about the other spoiled ingredients in the cake.

Bill got the Pats into this funk and I don't have confidence that he'll get them out. Plus, he's been pretty rude for 25 years and a new guy would be a breath of fresh air.

But back to the topic. IF it's true that Jones is complaining about the groceries, then that would be like the sour milk complaining about the other spoiled ingredients in the cake.
Winning was the main ingredient as why he could be short with the media during post games ect. But when the Winning stopped the act with the media got old. Ultimately we knew it was going to be a change eventually.. but this entire roster needs revamping and just a new innovative approach offensively how the new patriots coaching regime will bring.

He's been doing that since Brady left though with his roster decisions. I just want to see boutee and or Thornton to see if they will part of mayos plan next season.
I was being facetious. Of course we want to see the players in a season like this. We went through that with Stidham too.

I was being facetious. Of course we want to see the players in a season like this. We went through that with Stidham too.
Agreed 2020 wasn't even this bad.. at least that team competed.

Winning was the main ingredient as why he could be short with the media during post games ect. But when the Winning stopped the act with the media got old. Ultimately we knew it was going to be a change eventually.. but this entire roster needs revamping and just a new innovative approach offensively how the new patriots coaching regime will bring.
One of the great things about football is that every season is new and changes can happen quickly if you get the right players, which right now isn't Bill's strong suit on offense.

Maybe I was spoiled by Tuna and Carroll's pressers, but I just think that Bill could be more interesting and insightful without giving away any trade secrets.

One of the great things about football is that every season is new and changes can happen quickly if you get the right players, which right now isn't Bill's strong suit on offense.

Maybe I was spoiled by Tuna and Carroll's pressers, but I just think that Bill could be more interesting and insightful without giving away any trade secrets.
Bill is a football savant. I know past and present players have said he's the total opposite off camera. But yeah your right.. there needs to be some newness come next season itovee due

d

sabotage?
Or dementia.
I mean it’s not out the realm of possibility for either.
Yeah. I feel sorry for Bill, maybe because I am a little older than he is (and retired). He's lost his lady friend, and his lifelong career is in shambles. I suspect Bill has enough left to handle most jobs, but when it comes to the daunting twin jobs of HC and GM, he's just not up it any more. Few people of whatever age are. It's a hard thing to know when to walk away from any job, particularly one you have excelled at and have been widely praised for at any point in life. We men tend to define their worth by "what we do," after all. Retirement is no easier to manage than any other major inflection point in life.

As for "sabotage," I suspect if anything it's more the similar "self-defeating behavior." I doubt, that is, that he has chosen to undermine the team's chances, but it may be that his emotional state at this point in his life compels him to act in a manner which does so will he or nil he.

Mac has more often than not had plenty of time, film has shown receivers running open if the throw was made on time or at all.

Tom Brady never led the entire NFL in turnovers, not when he was pressured, not close to ever… that’s just a terrible comparison. That 2019 team went 12-4 because he was willing to throw it away.

The Pats have the worst starting QB in football, that’s why they’re 1-4. With Herbert or Burrow they’re 4-1 at worst.
4-1 at worst?? Boy get the **** outta here LOL. All credibility lost after that

If they fire Bill, there's no reason to think they go with Mayo and his regime/succession plan.

4-1 at worst?? Boy get the **** outta here LOL. All credibility lost after that
God love Wozzy, but he's been kind of a homer on this forever. He consistently claims the team is far better than it actually is. Hence why he's married to the idea that this is a winning team if you replace the QB.

Burrows Bengals are 2-3. He didn't play teams as good as the Eagles, Cowboys or Dolphins like we did.
Herberts Chargers are 2-2. He lost to Dolphins like us and the Titans.

Both of them have better RB's and #1 WR's than this team. They have far more passable offensive lines. They are hardly performing signficantly better to the point where a downgrade in personnel means they go 4-1

If they fire Bill, there's no reason to think they go with Mayo and his regime/succession plan.
Curran has already mentioned mayo is part of the succession plan. Is there reason why Mayo is still here.

If your goal is to have a top 10 offense then yeah it’s not a one man fix but if your goal is to have a competent enough offense to win game then yes, it’s a one man fix.

This team would be 3-2 right now with just an average QB. Because a decent QB will help the OL and despite what everyone is saying there are guys that are open but for that you need a QB that throw NFL open which Mac can’t do.

If a receiver has less than 5 yards of separation he is not open for Mac Jones.

With the lowest amount of time to throw how is another QB going to help the OL block better?

If you want to say another QB might not be as skittish on the 50% of plays they aren't under pressure. I'll take that. But it's hard to say. When you are under that much pressure it messes with a QB.

But Trent brown not blocking and guys getting a free run at the QB is not because of Mac Jones.

It's almost like fans don't want to admit that the roster is devoid of talent.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back