PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Not Happy With the Groceries

Saying Meyers wouldn't produce here when that's all he's done in his career is pure delusion.

Also believing if you just change the QB this OL will suddenly stop being the #32 pass protection and run blocking line.
32nd in pass protection, but 7th lowest sack percentage in the NFL… I’m sure there’s some dumb analytic that proves this.

If opponents respect your passing attack, it’s much easier to run the ball. Opponents laugh at Mac Jones and lick their chops when they play him… he’s a walking turnover and the odds of a pick six are high.

Or how much better the QB would be with a gool Oline, it's a team game, works all together.
Mac hasn’t been good, even when he has had plenty of time and open receivers. Three years is a reasonable time to prove himself… he’s getting worse.

Mac hasn’t been good, even when he has had plenty of time and open receivers. Three years is a reasonable time to prove himself… he’s getting worse.

No quarterback is going to look good behind this line with these receivers.

Brady struggled in 2019 with a poor OL and receivers and he is much better QB than mac jones

Let's stop acting like it's a 1 man fix. People been saying this about the OL and receivers being an issue since March 2023

Brady struggled in 2019 with a poor OL and receivers and he is much better QB than mac jones

Let's stop acting like it's a 1 man fix. People been saying this about the OL and receivers being an issue since March 2023
If your goal is to have a top 10 offense then yeah it’s not a one man fix but if your goal is to have a competent enough offense to win game then yes, it’s a one man fix.

This team would be 3-2 right now with just an average QB. Because a decent QB will help the OL and despite what everyone is saying there are guys that are open but for that you need a QB that throw NFL open which Mac can’t do.

If a receiver has less than 5 yards of separation he is not open for Mac Jones.

Mac has more often than not had plenty of time, film has shown receivers running open if the throw was made on time or at all.

Tom Brady never led the entire NFL in turnovers, not when he was pressured, not close to ever… that’s just a terrible comparison. That 2019 team went 12-4 because he was willing to throw it away.

The Pats have the worst starting QB in football, that’s why they’re 1-4. With Herbert or Burrow they’re 4-1 at worst.

Does anyone really think that there is one specific person/group to blame other than Bill? Mac sucks because of Bill. The offensive line sucks because of Bill. The receivers suck because of Bill. The team sucks because of Bill.

We all knew the OL sucked and yet Belichick's fix was signing retirees, cast offs and late round draft picks. IMO his ego is his biggest obstacle.

Does anyone really think that there is one specific person/group to blame other than Bill? Mac sucks because of Bill. The offensive line sucks because of Bill. The receivers suck because of Bill. The team sucks because of Bill.

Seems clear as crystal then that the first step in a real, honest rebuild is: Fire the Grocery-Shopper AND his lackey from the F & Fs program.

And Bill sucks because of Bill!

Missed one His yess Men Coaches sucks because of him.

Given how incompetently-supported Mac has been here, I cannot dismiss out of hand the possibility he could do at least reasonably well elsewhere. But I doubt he'll want to stay here anyway at this point: I sure as hell wouldn't. Even if the Pats choose, as I now hope they do, to do a top-to-bottom rebuild under a new GM and a new HC, I suspect he'd want to move on. The Pats are a team in desperate straits. It's gonna take a while to straighten things out. At the end of the season, I'd trade him for whatever, offer him an apology, and move on. It's really not even worth talking about any more, tbh. The best that can realistically be hoped for is that he plays well enough that we get a little more for him.

Yep; Bill the GM has RUINED Bill the HC.
And killed any chances Mac had of developing into something worth holding onto. The more I think of it, the more I think the quality of Bill's work over several years has been historically bad. It's almost weird, tbh. Bill's not stupid which, given his dismal performances, suggests something more perverse than mere incompetence. It's very nearly creepy.

Does anyone really think that there is one specific person/group to blame other than Bill?
ask Andy
Mac sucks because of Bill. The offensive line sucks because of Bill. The receivers suck because of Bill. The team sucks because of Bill.

d
And killed any chances Mac had of developing into something worth holding onto. The more I think of it, the more I think the quality of Bill's work over several years has been historically bad. It's almost weird, tbh. Bill's not stupid which, given his dismal performances, suggests something more perverse than mere incompetence. It's very nearly creepy.
sabotage?
Or dementia.
I mean it’s not out the realm of possibility for either.

I thought we were dead last in offense. Even with the panthers at 0-5 I have more belief they'll win a game before we win another. Another forgotten note on the BB Roster decisions.. big kick nick was traded and he's been money in Tennessee.
Blunder Bill strikes again.

How is that relevant to the point of this discussion?

Bledsoe was a veteran.

The topic being discussed is whether we have brought along a young QB before other than the obvious one.
The discussion was about QBs who were not the GOAT and age never came up. You ignored Drew Bledsoe's 5-13 with Bill because it didn't fit whatever argument you were trying to make. With each anemic loss the decision to get rid of Bill becomes more obvious, at least it should.

I can't imagine what will happen if they lose to the Raiders this week. It could get ugly around here.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back