Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

POLL: Has Bill Lost Pleayer Support

• Total voters
This is pure conjecture based on the record. Until we see or hear evidence at least anecdotally -- like last year's grumblings re. Patricia -- the problem isn't lack of buy-in from the players. IMO it pretty much begins and ends with lack of roster talent, especially on offense. So bash BB the GM if you're looking for a place to point fingers.

I'll note that the defense showed plenty of effort beginning to end today, despite really tough circumstances. The offense was just inept.
baloney. the defense got trucked all day by one of the worst offenses in the league. they gave up consecutive 3d and 8s. they quit because their head coach quit.

Don't know about the lock room but he's quickly losing the fanbase

“Nobody is watching us. They’re all asleep.”
Sad Halloween GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

Our QB is a hot mess. HE has lost the ENTIRE team and staff. I wanted to smack him to the bench after that short yardage toss to Rham that showed he’s a huge problem here.

baloney. the defense got trucked all day by one of the worst offenses in the league. they gave up consecutive 3d and 8s. they quit because their head coach quit.
No, they ultimately got trucked because they were on the field literally the majority of the game because the offense couldn't stay on the field. It was literally a difference of 39:34 to 20:26, including 18:52 to 11:08 in the first half.

The offense had one offensive first down the entire second half.

One.

They had five offensive first downs for the entire game, and zero in the fourth quarter.

I'm really tempted to defer to your expertise on giving up, considering "quitter" is your middle name. But then, your abiding lack of football knowledge holds sway.

Of course you failed to consider this defense: (1) got no offensive support (156 total yards, eight punts, three turnovers, 0 points); (2) was on the field a whopping 39:34; (3) STILL limited New Orleans to 304 total yards; (4) STILL held the Saints to 30-percent third-down conversions.

No, they did not quit. But they had ample excuses to quit, considering how things unfolded and first game without Judon and Gonzalez, arguably their two best players.

I'm really tempted to defer to your expertise on giving up, considering "quitter" is your middle name. But then, your abiding lack of football knowledge holds sway.

Of course you failed to consider this defense: (1) got no offensive support (156 total yards, eight punts, three turnovers, 0 points); (2) was on the field a whopping 39:34; (3) STILL limited New Orleans to 304 total yards; (4) STILL held the Saints to 30-percent third-down conversions.

No, they did not quit. But they had ample excuses to quit, considering how things unfolded and first game without Judon and Gonzalez, arguably their two best players.
The defense remains their strength. But unless they can start playing complimentary football on offense and move the ball, score points, and give those guys a break, their defense is going to be in for a long year.

They actually played relatively well again on Sunday and the Patriots had opportunities to get out in front. But, instead, the offense turned over the ball multiple times in its own end and then couldn't stay on the field. That's what the root of their issues were in this one.

I think they might need to. Despite my adoration of BB he’s been unsuccessful in acquiring game changers and has left the cupboard bare.

Even the greatest eventually decline and I fear it is what’s happened here.

What will always, always make me shake my head is looking back on the end of the Brady era. There were so many who didn’t want to bolster the talent around him and really go all in because well, we couldn’t give away the future. We can’t ever bottom out!! We needed to be ready to win after Brady.

People didn’t want to trade future picks. They were fine winning the Jimmy Johnson draft points value battle with the constant trade downs, or trade outs for future picks even though we were losing the overall talent war.

Too many took the dynasty for granted, including Bill. Like what they were doing was repeatable. Brady obviously had enough left if you gave him a cast. But we absolutely couldn’t sacrifice the future.

The future so many looked to protect while we squandered the last years of the GOAT is here. How ironic that it’s basically just as bad as if we had traded a ton of future picks in an effort to put more talent around TB12 while we still had that lightning in a bottle.

I just feel bad for the defense and im not sure how there could NOT be a divide. You’ve been carrying the team on your back and keeping them competitive for 2 seasons.

You give the offense 2 opportunities to win week 1 and they blow it. You give them a chance to tie it against the dolphins and they blow it. You stop them several times against the jets, even get a safety and the offense cant even get a first down to help you.

Then you lose your 2 most important players, plus a couple others. Despite that You stop the saints on their first 2 drives in a last ditch effort to turn the season around, and the offense not only ccant move an inch but gives them 7 points which essentially would be too big of a lead for our offense to catch up. How long can you put up with this??
The offense has allowed more points than it has scored the last 2 weeks.:eek:

Wonder if Patricia has a shirt with Bill Obriens face with a clown nose?

The Saints were not the worse offense at all. Ranked 19th before today.

The Pats quit because BB allowed Corky Mac to lose the game. BB won't change QBs during a game until the score is out of reach. That way the guy coming in can't win and Corkys job is safe.

This tells me that Corky is starting the entire season.

Not a chance. No reason to play hard when QB1 puts you in a deep hole 15 minutes into the game for the third week in a row

The defense only gave up 304 yards…

If they get their teeth kicked in by the Raiders for 3 blowout losses in a row then the answer is an obvious yes. That’s when coaches get fired and I think we will not be an exception.
They are going to get rolled over by the raiders.

72-3 in two games. How could it not be the case?
It all started in the 14 min span after the failed 4th down. until then mac was okay. Suddenly he is the worst. i cant fathom what happened

I think they know they don't have the talent to win. So they gave up.

Either that or the talent is just that bad that they really have no chance.

The Saints were not the worse offense at all. Ranked 19th before today.

The Pats quit because BB allowed Corky Mac to lose the game. BB won't change QBs during a game until the score is out of reach. That way the guy coming in can't win and Corkys job is safe.

This tells me that Corky is starting the entire season.
It was all Patricia.

I knew that was all BS.

article_full@1x.jpg

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST