• Total voters

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Has he lost the locker room?

RLKAG.

I think it’s more « no one would win with this group ». And, really, who cares if he lost this room. Whom in the room is worth keeping ?

RLKAG.

I think it’s more « no one would win with this group ». And, really, who cares if he lost this room. Whom in the room is worth keeping ?
Other than Pop and Henry ... none of them worth ****.

I think he’s lost the locker room since the 2022 offseason.

I think he’s lost the locker room since the 2022 offseason.
Yeah, there's definitely been a bit of an issue. Things were good in 2021 but ever since Josh left and took a ton of the staff with him, it's felt like Bill's been stretched thin and putting coaches in places they're not fit for. Probably has caused issues with buy-in, and then pair that with a weak roster, which further diminishes the message getting through. If he were to leave and be able to put together a new staff elsewhere on a team that's already halfway decent who had a dumbass HC (Chargers if Staley gets canned?) he would probably be able to rack up some wins for a little while, get his record and retire after a few years.

I honestly believe he most likely has. This team has digressed from the two tough losses to Philly and Miami. After those two games I thought they were a mentally tough team. These pass two weeks have showed otherwise.

If they get their teeth kicked in by the Raiders for 3 blowout losses in a row then the answer is an obvious yes. That’s when coaches get fired and I think we will not be an exception.

No, but I don't know if the same can be said about what Jones is dealing with. There's enough he's doing that is likely showing up on film that other guys probably aren't happy with, including potentially the guys in front of him.

His fundamentals didn't improve this week and that was the talk heading into this game. He'd get a pass if that part got better and he just got hit or didn't connect on a throw. Instead, he was still a mess and all the other stuff also happened. And it's the collective performance that is going to see guys start potentially turning on him.

And then if that happens and Bill tries to be Robert Saleh and hold that line and not make a change, then I definitely think there's that chance. I don't think we're there just yet, but this definitely just catapulted things a little closer to it.

RLKAG.

It’s his room though. He thought this was the best he could put together. Loved BB for years but enoug.

If they get their teeth kicked in by the Raiders for 3 blowout losses in a row then the answer is an obvious yes. That’s when coaches get fired and I think we will not be an exception.
I suspect that this is correct.

One more performance like this one and Mayo should be the interim coach.

RLKAG.

Ok. So nobody could win with the team as it is, and who cares if he lost the room because everyone in the room sucks. Have I got that right? So if it's not the coach's fault then it must be the fault of the GM that put the team in the state it is. Fire him then.

No, but I don't know if the same can be said about what Jones is dealing with. There's enough he's doing that is likely showing up on film that other guys probably aren't happy with, including potentially the guys in front of him.

His fundamentals didn't improve this week and that was the talk heading into this game. He'd get a pass if that part got better and he just got hit or didn't connect on a throw. Instead, he was still a mess and all the other stuff also happened. And it's the collective performance that is going to see guys start potentially turning on him.

And then if that happens and Bill tries to be Robert Saleh and hold that line and not make a change, then I definitely think there's that chance. I don't think we're there just yet, but this definitely just catapulted things a little closer to it.

Listening to Dave Andrews PC I can’t help but infer he was referring to Mac’s turnovers as the reason it’s going south so badly.

He's not lost the locker room they just aren't good he might be out of touch with the modern game and be a terrrible GM but i don't think he's lost the locker room, Mac Jones will lose the team though.

It's much easier for the team to give up on the guy who's giving the other team points every week than the guy they grew up seeing lift Super Bowls on tv.

I guess it’s hard to say because the player performance and body language on the field doesn’t always give off the idea that the majority of these guys are gamers to begin with and quiver when facing any adversity. In which case, maybe Bill the coach hasn’t lost them because they aren’t the type to scratch and claw to be better. Basically, being content with being discontent.

In that case, then you have to point the finger at Bill the GM.

Anyone think there is a chance we are watching a tank? It feels too far off the rails for a coach that hasn't done it this bad the last 3 years. We might actually win some games with Zappe not messing up, maybe it's best we run with Mac in order to get CW. Wishful thinking, probably.

Don't think so. Just a bad couple weeks that spinned out of control.... for now.

Reactions: Ian

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back