PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Please help me to not worry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What the heck is going on?

right, so he was signed.....the subject pretty much closes itself

if he didn't sign, it would be an open issue and plenty to talk about

not sure what you don't get about this

Thanks for the insight into your perspective.

Let me see if I have this straight: If he didn't sign then the Pats must of been low balling him, because there is no way Vince overvalues himself. None, not a chance.

But sinced he signed, there is nothing to complain about therefore there is nothing to discuss.

Got it....;)

Thanks for the insight into your perspective.

Let me see if I have this straight: If he didn't sign then the Pats must of been low balling him, because there is no way Vince overvalues himself. None, not a chance.

But sinced he signed, there is nothing to complain about therefore there is nothing to discuss.

Got it....;)

umm...no.....but if that's what you want to conclude, my behind still talks better football than your head does.

at one point, I was hoping the pats could have dealt him to the chiefs or broncos for their #1 and then the pats go off and draft mcclain, sign a guy like ryan pickett and work it that way.......except that once pickett got tagged, that notion was not realistic.

so the bottom line is that no, you did not have it straight....you were so far off that the only words to describe your intellect aren't allowed by the mods here

and it still makes more sense than what comes out of your mouth.....

You bring so much to the board. Actually, I don't make assumptions about negotiations that I am not privy to, based off of a players public perception.

You were acting as if you knew Vince personally and he was giving you daily updates on the situation.

It appears that you are the only one who can't comprehend this. But, maybe you do understand this, which is why you chose to ignore all discussions on the subject, until being called out.

Last edited by a moderator:

You bring so much to the board. Actually, I don't make assumptions about negotiations that I am not privy to, based off of a players public perception.

You were acting as if you knew Vince personally and he was giving you daily updates on the situation.

It appears that you are the only one who can't comprehend this. But, maybe you do understand this, which is why you chose to ignore all discussions on the subject, until being called out.

again, you could not be more off target......show me where I claimed I knew anything about knowing wilfork or his situation (but its good to see that you're on a first name basis with him).

once again, you make such ludicrous assertions, that there is no single word to describe your lack of intellect that the mods would allow. I can't stop you from giving off this perception, you'll have to do that yourself.

again, you could not be more off target......show me where I claimed I knew anything about knowing wilfork or his situation (but its good to see that you're on a first name basis with him).

once again, you make such ludicrous assertions, that there is no single word to describe your lack of intellect that the mods would allow. I can't stop you from giving off this perception, you'll have to do that yourself.

Right:

but then again, the pats have never tested the mettle of a someone as forthright and principled as wilfork. people with principle are much less likely to 'fall into line'

Because you know how principled he is. How exactly?

wilfork has always been a stand up guy in every aspect of life. you can't say the same about the guy running the show here

Did you loan the guy money once or something?

people who think its not up to vince are fools

he's a guy who can get by on character and principle alone. he can choose to sit. and the pats can choose to get tough with him. the pats flat out lose in that situation. if they can't do the right thing by arguably the most upstanding and principled guy on the team (and a probowler at that), then any notion of 'the patriot way' is dead.

they threw his buddy (seymour) to the curb (they are closer friends than anyone realizes), so they should not expect ANY discount from him now.

Wow, you must know the whole team. Dude that's cool! Oh and its nice to know you are on a first name basis with him too!

no....he will show up in week 6 and play out the string. he can do that

as for caring about family and return on investment, waiting until week 6 and then playing out the string would be exactly what I would do to protect myself from injury and not getting an extension

Did he tell you this over a beer?

what will happen is that wilfork will show up for the bare minimum of what he would be obligated to show up for. which is to say forget seeing him during training camp.......and he will show up 4-6 weeks (or whatever it is) into the season .....

Did this come from the same conversation with him?

the only thing is happening is that wilfork is regretting not making a stink a year ago. but he did not make a stink solely on the same kind of principle I try to teach my kids....being a man of your word (which he is).....one thing I can tell you for sure, is that Belichik (as great a football mind as he is) can not hold a match to wilfork when it comes to character and principle. to deny that is to again be wasted on the kool-aid

you are wrong about what I am saying.......if the pats offered a market deal, wilfork would have either signed it or would at least be behaving in a manner that at least some respect had been put out there. all I am saying is that I would be much more likely to trust wilfork than BB.

That must of been one hell of a beer!

Last edited:

He's something forall you people freaking out about the team not signing players.

and total of 8 teams have made move to bring in player new to their team

that is 8 out of 32 only 25% so yeah I am jsut saying

I'm really not concerned with what other teams do so long as the Patriots do the right things.

chirp...chirp...chirp...

chirp...chirp...chirp...

lets see....you flag my response and it get removed, and then you come up with this? very very weak

its easy......just google him.....don't see any ben roethisberger or randy moss stories in there.......

Patriots NT Wilfork raises money for research into diabetes - USATODAY.com
USATODAY.com - Miami's Wilfork plays through emotional pain
Vince Wilfork?s 4th Annual Draft Day Fundraiser A Huge Success

there's plenty of press on wilfork that allow anyone with a half a brain to draw a conclusion about what kind of person wilfork is......half a brain is all it takes.....

lets see....you flag my response and it get removed, and then you come up with this? very very weak

its easy......just google him.....don't see any ben roethisberger or randy moss stories in there.......

Patriots NT Wilfork raises money for research into diabetes - USATODAY.com
USATODAY.com - Miami's Wilfork plays through emotional pain
Vince Wilfork?s 4th Annual Draft Day Fundraiser A Huge Success

there's plenty of press on wilfork that allow anyone with a half a brain to draw a conclusion about what kind of person wilfork is......half a brain is all it takes.....

I didn't flag anything! I left the board at 5pm and came back when I posted my post above. Do you understand that just because you believe something doesn't make it fact?

And you call me weak, when this is the best argument you can make for looking like a complete fool in front of the whole board. Wouldn't a mea culpa been far more face saving?

Drawing conclusions about someone's personality and making definitive statements about what he is thinking or what he would or would not do are two completely different things.

And anyone with a whole brain would understand that.

Unfortunately the only thing you seem to be able to do is insult people's intelligence and call them names.

Last edited:

I didn't flag anything! I left the board at 5pm and came back when I posted my post above. Do you understand that just because you believe something doesn't make it fact?

Drawing conclusions about someone's personality and making definitive statements about what he is thinking or what he would or would not do are two completely different things.

And anyone with a whole brain would understand that.

Unfortunately the only thing you seem to be able to do is insult people's intelligence and call them names.

whatever you need to tell yourself, but I was right on about what wilfork would get a month ago altough I was off by 1M on the guaranteed part

whatever you need to tell yourself, but I was right on about what wilfork would get a month ago altough I was off by 1M on the guaranteed part

What does that have to do with you being completely wrong about your own posts? You essentially called me an idiot and claimed you didn't make any statements that implied you knew Wilfork or any particulars about his situation. I showed multiple statements by you that proved otherwise and yet you simply aren't man enough to acknowledge you were/are wrong.

You resort to "I was right about what he would get" woohoo, here's a cookie! Just incase you weren't paying attention, many folks on here were in the correct value range on Wilfork.

Last edited:

What does that have to do with you being completely wrong about your own posts? You essentially called me an idiot and claimed you didn't make any statements that implied you knew Wilfork or any particulars about his situation. I showed multiple statements by you that proved otherwise and yet you simply aren't man enough to acknowledge you were/are wrong.

You resort to "I was right about what he would get" woohoo, here's a cookie! Just incase you weren't paying attention, many folks on here were in the correct value range on Wilfork.

I never implied I knew wiflrok.......

but what was I wrong about, mr. know-it-all?

I don't want to worry about football in March. I want to think about the Red Sox and about the Black Sox (my softball team).

But outside of signing Vince & Tully, both of which I am very happy about, and bringing in Patten, which the nostalgia part of me likes, but the football part of me is a little confused about, what have the Pats done so far this offseason?

I am sure there is lots of good logic behind their still waters approach, so please, share some of it with me!

As far as I can see, we still need:

1. An every down running back that can run out the clock and push the pile. maybe Michael bUsh is this guy.

2. A pass rusher. Or two.

3. A #2 WR. And possibly a #3, or is that Patten?

4. A strong CB. I don't know when Leigh Bodden became Michael Haynes, but I still think our secondary is suspect. And besides, we still haven't retained Leigh Bodden.

5. Another LB. Not a front line guy, but a solid rotation man. I am assuming Adalius Thomas won't be here. And even if he is, can we count on him anymore?

Not trying to ruffle feathers at all - I really need someone to give me an intelligent argument that exoplains just waht the heck the Pats are doing?!?!?!

Or NOT doing?!?!?!

I hear what you are saying. Unfortunatley the Patriots have far too many holes to fix in one off season.

In my opinion the Patriots have started to rebuild and the 2010 season will be a bridge year. Hopefully the 4 picks in the first two rnds this year and two first round picks next year (could be 1 in the top ten and 1 in the top 20) the Patriots can start to reload.

As time goes on I'm more convinced that coach Belichick knew that he simply didn't have the horses to compete and dealt Richard Seymour as the first step in the rebuilding process.

i've been away and just saw this thread, so i'll only echo what others have said.

it's way too early to "worry," or "be confident," for that matter. it is possible to say that a team has "gotten better" this early in the offseason, but that's not the case for most teams. i don't think we'll be able to take a view until FA and the draft are over and we see who shows up healthy at training camp.

i've been away and just saw this thread, so i'll only echo what others have said.

it's way too early to "worry," or "be confident," for that matter. it is possible to say that a team has "gotten better" this early in the offseason, but that's not the case for most teams. i don't think we'll be able to take a view until FA and the draft are over and we see who shows up healthy at training camp.

what do you see in the pats LB group.......

I never implied I knew wiflrok.......

but what was I wrong about, mr. know-it-all?

You can't be this numb? But just in case let me show you.

You said this:

And then I showed where you made definitive statements about what Vince is thinking and what he will do. Hell you tried to make fun of me for calling him Vince and then I showed where you did the same thing.

Tanked_as_Usual said:
"no....he will show up in week 6 and play out the string. he can do that"

"what will happen is that wilfork will show up for the bare minimum of what he would be obligated to show up for. which is to say forget seeing him during training camp.......and he will show up 4-6 weeks (or whatever it is) into the season ....."

"the only thing is happening is that wilfork is regretting not making a stink a year ago. but he did not make a stink solely on the same kind of principle I try to teach my kids....being a man of your word (which he is)....."

If those aren't definitive statements, then I don't know what is! There, I spelled it out for you! You honestly can't be this stupid?

Last edited:

You can't be this numb? But just in case let me show you.

You said this:

And then I showed where you made definitive statements about what Vince is thinking and what he will do. Hell you tried to make fun of me for calling him Vince and then I showed where you did the same thing.

[/I]

If those aren't definitive statements, then I don't know what is! There, I spelled it out for you! You honestly can't be this stupid?

taken out of context, of course.......they were provided as alternatives had wilfork and the pats not come to an agreement on a contract I was correct about......

keep playing your game...its fun

taken out of context, of course.......they were provided as alternatives had wilfork and the pats not come to an agreement on a contract I was correct about......

keep playing your game...its fun

I'm done! You're spineless, and for the record none of them were taken out of context, I copied the entire quote that applied to it.

But keep *****in out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back