PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King's mid-season All-Pro team....

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's right. I had three 1s in the wrong column. I did Brady 2 disservices, and 1 to Peyton. I blame ESPN.

Don't know why I can't edit the previous post, so here are the correct numbers:

Indoor stats:

Manning: 2121 of 3227 (65% comp), 25803 yards, 208 TDs, 83 INTs, 100.94 passer rating

Brady: 200 of 296 (67% comp), 2477 yards, 22 TDs, 9 INTs, 105.363 passer rating

Outdoor stats:

Manning: 1939 of 3045 (63% comp), 22370 yards, 141 TDs, 87 INTS, 89.289 passer rating

Brady: 2305 of 3667 (62% comp), 26333 yards, 191 TDs, 82 INTs, 92.430 passer rating.

So with the adjustment the fact still remains: Brady has better indoor and outdoor numbers. And this despite spending most of his career as what most analysts would call a 'smart quarterback' rather than a stats machine. So Super Bowls aside (though they certainly can't be discounted--after all, the goal of any NFL season is to be the team holding the Lombardi at the end) Brady has better statistical numbers when leveling the playing field, so to speak.

Think about this every time you watch Brady during a mid-December game in Foxboro--or for that matter the Meadowlands or Ralph Wilson--while Manning is throwing in the comfy confines of Lucas and Reliant--or in warm weather climates like Tennessee and Jacksonville.

Last edited:
Re: Peter King's mid-season All-Pro team.....

After watching Peyton for 12 years, Joe Montana is highly overrated.
Wow. Just wow. You seriously don't believe this do you?

The sooner the rest of my fellow Patsfans board members stop feeding this troll, the happier this thread will become.

Interesting how no one has brought up the single most important factor for any quarterback. No one has brought up leadership. To me, the statistical crap doesn't matter. If we're talking about elite passers, the differenciator will be the more subtle factors. Most important of these is leadership.

Looking at both guys, and seeing how there is no one in the league who works harder than #12, that adds a feather to his cap. When the team looses because Brady plays like dogsh*t, Brady says "I failed my team". When the team looses because Manning plays like dogsh*t, Manning says "My team failed me". Brady's game improves weekly, Manning's is erratic. This is because of Brady's all encompassing work ethic. Manning likes to look at film so unathletic reports can marvel at how cerebral he is. There's flaws in Manning's game that have never changed. Brady's flaws are all short lived, as he is relentless to improve them.

As a football player, when you are in the gym busting your ass on the weights and you have your QB right there with you, it means something. When you're banged up, your body is tired, and you play through it. When your QB is hurt (ie, Brady's hernia) and does the same, it means something. When your QB makes sacrifices right there with you, and won't take glory without his linemen (Visa commercial), it means something. If Brady told me to cut the sh*t and play harder, I would run through a brick wall. Brady is the kind of player I would take an injury for. If Manning told me to cut the sh*t and play harder, I would tell him to f*ck off and film another commercial.

This ain't homerism, it's the mentality of a football player, something that is far overlooked in this discussion.

83/101/97

so sorry.....
jerkoff.gif

I like the sarcasm, anf the jerking off emoticon is nice.

I'm wondering how long it is before you say something innapropriate to someone. You already called Joe Montana ovverrated, so probably soon.

Keep up the good work. I'll stop by to say hi next time I'm under the bridge.

Wow. Just wow. You seriously don't believe this do you?

The sooner the rest of my fellow Patsfans board members stop feeding this troll, the happier this thread will become.

Greetings,
You are exactly correct in your assesment.
Shalom,
Celticboy04

Glossing over Manning's postseason shortcomings looks like a coping mechanism for Colts fans who've already accepted that postseason success is the exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes