PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marcus Jones named First Team All-Pro at punt returner

The GOAT's drafting acumen.

d91.gif

MJ needs to be moved to offense.

The more times that he touches the ball the greater the reward.

Well-deserved honor for Jones...

the way the NFL has diminished the return game is disgusting. Kick and punt returns are some of the most exciting plays in football. Kick returns are usually only commonplace late in the season or in the warm weather (just ask Cam Achord). As s kid growing up watching some sh#tty Pats teams they had some really good returners (got lots of practice :) ) - Irving Fryar, Sammy Martin, the immortal Jon Vaughn...and then the Pats had Dave Meggett, Kevin Faulk, Edelman, Welker.......want to make more people watch football? Move the kickoffs back to the 30 (or maybe even the 25 given the # of guys who can boot it through the end zone) and then we need to work on something to diminish/dis-incentivize fair catches on punts...maybe a 10 yard penalty for a fair catch outside the 20.
The Pats averaged 2.3 punt returns/game and only 2.1 kick returns/game.

MJ needs to be moved to offense.

The more times that he touches the ball the greater the reward.
He was a decent CB last year for a rookie but I do have to wonder if he could convert full time... He's very dynamic. Only issue is the team really needs CBs lol

Not surprised, dudes got skills. Congrats to the kid.

He was a decent CB last year for a rookie but I do have to wonder if he could convert full time... He's very dynamic. Only issue is the team really needs CBs lol

He'd still be filling the multi-role slot that BB craves .... #1 as a receiver, #2 as the return man, #3 as a fill-in DB ... More time as a receiver/gadget-back

Let's try Marcus out at QB. He seems to make plays every where you put him and the position could use an upgrade.

Good choice. Marcus looks like he has mad skills and versatility. I think they need get him into the offense more. Even with his great season for the ST, that unit gets a big fat F for the season.

Let's try Marcus out at QB. He seems to make plays every where you put him and the position could use an upgrade.
Jet sweep, or direct snap to half back might be a nice addition to his playbook.

We are much better at drafting CB than WR. If he has the hands for it, I would want him as a WR. Just get him the ball in space.

Last edited:
Great job on his part. Impressive year and impressive to crack this team given how many votes go to name recognition.

We are much better at drafting CB than WR. If he has the hands for it, I would want him as a CB. Jet get him the ball in space.
As WR you mean?

Third round pick. Is that good?

He'll be getting a huge bump in pay going forward.

Not sure the last time anyone converted from CB to WR after a year in the NFL, but he is a dynamic player with the ball in his hands.

Not sure the last time anyone converted from CB to WR after a year in the NFL, but he is a dynamic player with the ball in his hands.
Well we did converted a qb to reciever…

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back