PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Football fandom has changed (Peter King article about "excitement")

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Peter King is here focusing on star power and aerial shows when talking about the Patriots next year:

They're training fans not to appreciate defense, hard hitting tackling, defensive strategy or the running game. In other words, most of the game of football. I never watch B12 football for precisely this reason. I don't get a kick out of watching wide open receivers make downfield grabs. I find it very boring.

One of the worst Super Bowls I've ever seen was last year's Rams vs. Cincy game since both teams were playing patty cake with soft tackling and even the offenses were sloppy and inept.

That being said, I appreciate Mahomes and the Chiefs for what they do on both sides of the ball.

If you ask me, the 2019 Super Bowl win over the Rams was a thing of beauty. I love to see players take it to the other team.

Last edited:
Pats division has (3) top ten teams according to his rankings. Pats are not included in the top ten. For those of you that think this Pats team can win 11-12 games this season good luck with that prediction. The team will be better without Fat Matt calling the plays but the schedule is BRUTAL for a 3rd place team.

its going to be a rough season. Why peter king is writing about no defense now is comical. One FF was born, defensive football died. That and the league does not want its QBs missing games/seasons.

I don't care what Peter King has to say. At this point, I'd trust Stephen King to give me better football takes..
All work and no play makes Mac a dull boy.

Peter King is here focusing on star power and aerial shows when talking about the Patriots next year:
Huh?
In his limited Patriots analysis, he focused on the D & ST getting waxed in the final 7 last year.

20. New England. Other than new OC Bill O’Brien, it’s hard to get excited about a team that finished losing five of the last seven, with the D/special teams allowing 29.7 points per game in the last seven weeks. And then defensive leader Devin McCourty retired.

At least he mentioned NE this week.
Bill Murray Reaction GIF

I was disappointed that King thinks we may not get the schedule this Thursday. I am trying to make some end of summer plans and I can't keep waiting on the dumbass NFL.

Also interesting is that the CBS/Fox conference breakdown is officially history. NE will be on Fox just as often as CBS....

its going to be a rough season. Why peter king is writing about no defense now is comical. One FF was born, defensive football died. That and the league does not want its QBs missing games/seasons.
Technically, Fantasy Football has been around a very long time, but it didn't get popular until after the Manning rules took effect in 2004. Goodell seemed to have stumbled across the NFL exploding from the rule change by the time he took the position in 2006.

I've been recently watching football games of the Pats and others in the 90's where teams actually had identifies and defenses were so much more creative with their schemes. These days, it seems like all offenses and defenses look the same and the schemes are very bland. Also, the hits were harder back then.

Now, every team looks the same and tries to do the same things like the NBA copying Golden State.

Last edited:
Peter King is a caricature of himself now, IMO. I used to diligently read him on Mondays. I think he gets far too preachy now. A lot of I am the smartest man here vibes.

Last edited:
He should stick to what he knows best: eating, high calorie coffee, eating, fruity beer, eating, complaining about traveling (in first class), eating, whoring himself to the NFL front office and the beloved Giants, Steelers, and Packers, eating, and lefty politics. Leave the football analysis to those who are willing to put time and effort and apply critical thinking to the task. He’s a pantywaist, 20 years past his sell by dare

stephen king film GIF

I was disappointed that King thinks we may not get the schedule this Thursday.
Well the NFL announced Thursday night for the schedule so Peter King gave me a heart attack for no reason....

its good everyone seems to be writing us off. i have a strange feeling that our offense is going to be like lions of last year and defense is going to be top 3 . This could be a season where we steamroll favorites. I am hoping for a huge barmore leap and continuation of Uche and judon season where they left off with White being the angry marauder who is going to come in occasionally and steamroll mobile QBs.

They're training fans not to appreciate defense, hard hitting tackling, defensive strategy or the running game. In other words, most of the game of football. I never watch B12 football for precisely this reason. I don't get a kick out of watching wide open receivers make downfield grabs. I find it very boring.

One of the worst Super Bowls I've ever seen was last year's Rams vs. Cincy game since both teams were playing patty cake with soft tackling and even the offenses were sloppy and inept.

That being said, I appreciate Mahomes and the Chiefs for what they do on both sides of the ball.

If you ask me, the 2019 Super Bowl win over the Rams was a thing of beauty. I love to see players take it to the other team.

Chicks dig the Long Ball.

Pats division has (3) top ten teams according to his rankings. Pats are not included in the top ten. For those of you that think this Pats team can win 11-12 games this season good luck with that prediction. The team will be better without Fat Matt calling the plays but the schedule is BRUTAL for a 3rd place team.
According to Vegas, Pats have the toughest schedule in the nfl.
They will be improved but might not win any more games. It's a brutal sked

Yeah, and their aprons illustrate their very poor taste in food, also. The NFL is turning more into a ****hole with each passing season.
Funny you mention " ****hole".
When I first saw this thread title I thought the last word in it was "excrement" not "excitement". (for real) I'm guessing I read it that way because "Peter King" was also in the title

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back