Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pats Warned About Touching WR's?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by shirtsleeve, Jan 20, 2007.

1. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A Pats hater I have to work with just told me he saw this on ESPN last night. :mad: I hope the Dolts were warned about holding!!!:bricks:

2. scott99

scott99 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +200 / 81 / -68

#87 Jersey

The Colts O-Line is really good, but where they excel is at holding. They hold 100% of the time, and only get caught around 2% of the time (maybe 1%). All offensive lines hold, bit Indy has turned it into an artform. I hope we crush them so the refs aren't a factor. Last year they did everything they could to give the Colts-Steelers game to the Colts (the Polamalu non-int call may have been one of the worst I've ever seen), but Vanderjerk shanked the tying kick.

I doubt we crush them, so the refs can really f*ck up the game up. Let's hope they call it fairly for both teams. I want a tough, non-injury, non-contoversial game, and may the best team win.

3. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +284 / 3 / -1

ignore ESPN..they just make up stories...refs wont warn the pats or anything..BB knows the rules ..if they want to call it they will call it...its like saying dont Hold or its a 10 yard penalty.
    ESPN just needs some filler to talk till the start of the game

4. sarge

sarge Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Anyone else seen this?

5. Remix 6

Remix 6 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Polian should be warned of assaulting and harrasing people.

6. cblesz

cblesz Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My biggest fear is that the ********* Polian got through to the refs. They will make a game changing ticky tack call...:bricks:

7. cblesz

cblesz Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

ticky tack is a call where the cornerback breathes on Harrison and they throw a flag...yardage doesn't matter. I am assuming the penalty will either give Indy a first down when it was 3rd and 8....:)

8. PatsFan-NH

PatsFan-NH Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It was on NFLN last night on Total Access, I think Polian has spoken to the refs. Perhaps in his capacity as head of Competition Committee ? He warned about contact down field which limits the offense.

I thought the refs up till now were good. Mike Pierera, head of the refs also said on Total Access, (on Wednesday I think) that the ref teams for the 2 championship games are those that have the highest score for accuracy.

They won't let rookie refs work the playoff games. They also used to keep them together as a ref team, and just sub in for the rookies. But it almost sounds like for these 2 games they are not going with teams, but the best individuals.

I think they are trying to get the teams they want to win: Manning and the Colts, and the Saints, to actually win.

9. mtbykr

mtbykr PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

If this is true, then there is a major problem with the NFL and the way it's run...that a GM from a team playing in the AFCC can "talk" to the officials and make sure they call it the way he wants!

10. PatsFan-NH

PatsFan-NH Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It was really weird because they did a whole little piece on the Colts. And when the reporter was finishing, and about to send it back to the guys in the studio he said that. None of the guys in the studio said anything to the guy in Indiana (it may have been a taped piece). But they may have joked about Polian being so into it for his team. But they didn't really talk about it.

The on-site reporter was not one of the players they have covering things, but I am not sure who it was.

He also didn't mention Mike Pierera's (SP ?) name, the head of the ref. So who knows who Polian talked to.

11. Seneschal2

Seneschal2 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

:confused: :wha: Warned by whom? When? How? E-mail? Pizza guy?

12. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

What're they going to do, cancel the game ? Or fly the Chargers in to play Indy if we're bad boys ? Screw it, they can throw a 5 yard flag if they want. That's all they can do.

13. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Settle down people, before the black helicopters arrive to burn the tinfoil off our heads.

Polian was quoted in a story on the Colts' website, whining about the contact against WRs in the playoffs and complaining that the special emphasis he railroaded through the competition committee wasn't as special anymore. The stories on NFLN and elsewhere are discussing his effort to "work" the officials before the game. There has been no warning to the Pats, it's just our favorite mouth-breather making excuses for his team before the fact. This is a good thing and we should enjoy his fear.

14. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +202 / 4 / -2

#75 Jersey

Football is still the greatest game on earth to alot of us here. But for me especially as a fan I believe that some of these members of this rules committee is starting to give this sport a black eye of sorts.

Continually changing rules to make the games more exciting is just one of the flaws they have. Changing rules because they benefit your team should be almost a criminal act imo.

I believe the rules should be made for the players and their health,not for owners,fans and playoff aspirations-money bonuses. Most of these are nit picky rules which are gay penalties.

15. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +393 / 33 / -5

You tell em' Zeke.

16. scooter481

scooter481 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

YOU MUST BE A FOOL IF YOU REALLY THINK THIS. BB IS THE GUILTIEST OF ANY NFL COACH EVER TO LOOK FOR WAYS TO BEND THE RULES. TAKE YOUR LOSS AND WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR.

17. stcjones

stcjones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +49 / 13 / -16

#12 Jersey

I have been having this same horrible pit in my stomach feeling....about the refs tommorrow and how they may factor into the outcome of the game....Let's hope they just call a fair, honest, and balanced game tommorrow....

18. scooter481

scooter481 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

sure. like games in the past huh.?

19. Aldogg

Aldogg Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

I think the last thing the NFL would want would be the officiating taking center stage over the teams and the players. Last year, nobody remembers much about the playoffs but the laundry list of awful calls made throughout the games, either the phantom pass interference call in the Denver/Pats game or the Polamalu interception call or even the Super Bowl in which Seahawks fans were pissed off all off season because they felt like they were jobbed by the refs. Another controversy like that might make people think the league is as rigged as professional wrestling.

Honestly, tomorrow I want the refs to be a non factor on both sides. Let the teams play, unless it is something blatant. A trip to the Super Bowl is on the line, let the players and coaches decide, not a zebra.

Furthermore, if I was a ref, and Polian kept whining and moaning about calls, I would give him no benefit of the doubt. How much more whining can a man do to cover-up is team? I made a post earlier in the week comparing Polian to the boy who cried wolf. How much more can he whine over nothing?

20. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +284 / 3 / -1

the game we play this season against the colts ..we had 4-5 penalties which gave the colts 1st down..isnt it ?