PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Warned About Touching WR's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the last thing the NFL would want would be the officiating taking center stage over the teams and the players. Last year, nobody remembers much about the playoffs but the laundry list of awful calls made throughout the games, either the phantom pass interference call in the Denver/Pats game or the Polamalu interception call or even the Super Bowl in which Seahawks fans were pissed off all off season because they felt like they were jobbed by the refs. Another controversy like that might make people think the league is as rigged as professional wrestling.

Honestly, tomorrow I want the refs to be a non factor on both sides. Let the teams play, unless it is something blatant. A trip to the Super Bowl is on the line, let the players and coaches decide, not a zebra.

Furthermore, if I was a ref, and Polian kept whining and moaning about calls, I would give him no benefit of the doubt. How much more whining can a man do to cover-up is team? I made a post earlier in the week comparing Polian to the boy who cried wolf. How much more can he whine over nothing?

Nice thought, but doesn't Polian have any input into whether these refs keep their jobs from year to year?

Nice thought, but doesn't Polian have any input into whether these refs keep their jobs from year to year?

I can imagine he has some input, as he is part of the competition committee, but what is he going to do, fire somebody for not rigging a game for him? Especially when I believe being a NFL ref isn't even a full time job to these guys.

I don't know why the league doesn't step in on this guy. I know David Stern fines Mark Cuban when he bashes the refs in public in the NBA. Why doesn't Goodall tell Polian to shut the hell up and quit whining.

Honestly, tomorrow I want the refs to be a non factor on both sides. Let the teams play, unless it is something blatant. A trip to the Super Bowl is on the line, let the players and coaches decide, not a zebra.

Of course you do, because you need the Pats' DBs to be able to maul Harrison, Wayne, and Clark before they get the ball. That is the only way you can win that matchup.

The game should be called fairly. It is up to the coaches and players to adjust to how the game is called, if they want to avoid penalties.

Of course you do, because you need the Pats' DBs to be able to maul Harrison, Wayne, and Clark before they get the ball. That is the only way you can win that matchup.

The game should be called fairly. It is up to the coaches and players to adjust to how the game is called, if they want to avoid penalties.

OK, I will take those calls on us, if they call EVERY hold your offensive line does to allow Manning to throw to those guys.

Physical playoff football is something you evidently know nothing about. They were a physical team once when they were in Baltimore but it appears something in Indy water has made them soft these 20 years or so.

I'm sorry I just don't see your argument. If you watch a majority of the playoff games over the years you would find plenty of these so called holding calls. You refuse to believe that your owner and gm are crybaby sally's who have changed the way football games have been played these last few seasons. As evidenced by Peyton miraculously breaking the TD record the very season the rules were enforced/changed. BTW... Dan Marino would of thrown for 75 TD's that year if he was your QB.

Don't flatter yourself, those three are no Rice, Taylor, and Brent Jones. Oh wait, what am I talking about, those three played in an era when the game was "physical" on both sides of the ball.

EZ76

OK, I will take those calls on us, if they call EVERY hold your offensive line does to allow Manning to throw to those guys.

Yeh, no kidding, I suppose we are to drink the kool aid into believing that that line is "all that". I have seen too many Colt games, and I get more disgusted every time, all of the holding they get away with.

EZ76

Yeh, no kidding, I suppose we are to drink the kool aid into believing that that line is "all that". I have seen too many Colt games, and I get more disgusted every time, all of the holding they get away with.

EZ76

I am constantly amazed what doesn't get called on that Colts line. And you know what? So be it. Let the boys play. But if they are going to shove a flag up the Pats ass for every coverage they have down the fied, then I want to see the same treatment of the Colts line in front of Manning.

The Colts are 5-4 in their last 9 games, and have failed to score 20 points in 4 of those matchups.

The Patriots are 8-1 in their last 9 games, and have failed to reach 20 points only twice in that span. The Patriots (+148) overall scoring differential on the season was much more impressive than the Colts scoring differential (+67).

Despite what an apparent majority of pundits seem to be proclaiming with comments like "It's Indy's time", if the game is called fairly, New England should be the favorite to win.

Physical playoff football is something you evidently know nothing about.

And neither do you, unless you're suiting up tomorrow.

They were a physical team once when they were in Baltimore but it appears something in Indy water has made them soft these 20 years or so.

You're an idiot if you think any football team now is less physically punished/punishing than any team of 20 years back. By the way, I am not a Colts fan.

I'm sorry I just don't see your argument. If you watch a majority of the playoff games over the years you would find plenty of these so called holding calls. You refuse to believe that your owner and gm are crybaby sally's who have changed the way football games have been played these last few seasons. As evidenced by Peyton miraculously breaking the TD record the very season the rules were enforced/changed. BTW... Dan Marino would of thrown for 75 TD's that year if he was your QB.

You don't see my argument because you're illiterate. My point is, deal with officiating instead of b-i-t-c-h-i-n-g. Your team benefitted from generous officiating in 2001 and 2003 when you were allowed to physically maul any eligible receivers. Now that the tone of officiating *may* be different from the one the Pats thrived in (can't blame Polian for lobbying in his team's favor, why didn't Pioli do the same?), just adapt and stop being hyprocritical little whiners. May the best team win on Sunday.

Last edited:
Now that the tone officiating *may* change (can't blame Polian for lobbying in their team's favor), just adapt and stop being hyprocritical little whiners. May the best team win.

I certainly CAN blame Polian for lobbying on hs team's behalf. He is on the competition committee.

Do you understand what "conflict of interest" means?

I certainly CAN blame Polian for lobbying on hs team's behalf. He is on the competition committee.

Do you understand what "conflict of interest" means?

Really? Then I guess by your definition, no one who works for an NFL team should be allowed on the competition committee.

I hope Belichick's gameplan isn't to make whining noises like you, otherwise your team is in trouble tomorrow.

POS troll. He'll be gone this time tomorrow.

POS troll. He'll be gone this time tomorrow.
Polian or qbert? I don't see q as a troll here, his arguments aren't selling me, but he isn't here just to stir crap that I've noticed and he's not a newbie just in for one game. :cool:

Really? Then I guess by your definition, no one who works for an NFL team should be allowed on the competition committee.

I hope Belichick's gameplan isn't to make whining noises like you, otherwise your team is in trouble tomorrow.
NFL personel are on the competition committee to create competition, not stifle it.

Honestly, your perspective is absurd. Do you think the people in charge of the NFL sat around one day and thought, "You know what we need, another way for interested team officials to gain a strategic advantage over the rest of the league! I know, let's make a committee where management can suggest rule changes for the good of their team!"?

Polian's job as a member of the competition committee is completely separate from his reponsibilites as regards his franchise. Yet it seems all his actions are thinly veiled attempts to get an edge. Either that or he is an iconoclastic supporter of high-scoring offense over defense, trying to preach the gospel and remake the NFL in the image of the Indianapolis Colts, and while that view is less cynical it still leaves Polian as an aboluste mistfit on any kind of regulatory standards board.

I'm probably in the majority because I tend to agree with Polian on this issue... the NFL would be a lot better if they just did away with the pretense and adopted "Touch Football" rules.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back