PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats have a new WR wearing #84; who could this be? Answer: Reggie Dunn

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really interesting if he is actually active. Hard to imagine Belichick trusting the season to a rarely used KR even though his returns are ridiculous. A 51 yard per return average but only 10 of them, however they are facing Vinatieri outside which is absolutely going to mean short kicks outdoors in Foxboro. If Belichick rolls the dice with this kid they could either turn it over 5 times or win field position big time, with possible points from the return game. I doubt he will be active but I will be watching the kicks intently if he is actually out there.

On the other hand it may have no meaning for this season but is another attempt by Belichick to find a big time KR. And while the Jeff Demps experiment was an abject failure it did end up bringing us Blount, who has been big for this team this season.

Dunn gets signed to the Practice Squad

LB Ja'Gared Davis gets promoted (again) from PS to the roster.

This is really interesting if he is actually active. Hard to imagine Belichick trusting the season to a rarely used KR even though his returns are ridiculous. A 51 yard per return average but only 10 of them, however they are facing Vinatieri outside which is absolutely going to mean short kicks outdoors in Foxboro. If Belichick rolls the dice with this kid they could either turn it over 5 times or win field position big time, with possible points from the return game. I doubt he will be active but I will be watching the kicks intently if he is actually out there.

On the other hand it may have no meaning for this season but is another attempt by Belichick to find a big time KR. And while the Jeff Demps experiment was an abject failure it did end up bringing us Blount, who has been big for this team this season.
I believe IND has their punter do the kickoffs, not Vinatieri.

I see your Bug Eyes, and raise you a mug shot:

WPTV_Donald_Reche_Caldwell_20140106130912_320_240.JPG

How the mighty fall....

I believe IND has their punter do the kickoffs, not Vinatieri.

That makes sense, Vinatieri is an all time great but he can't get a kick-off past the 10 outside at this point.

Reggie Dunn. (Who?)

Edit: Another rookie WR, 5'9, 4.24 forty

A Hilton training dummie it seems.

Makes sense.

After all, the Colts signed Branch to emulate Brady's speed for them in practice.

Last edited:
That makes sense, Vinatieri is an all time great but he can't get a kick-off past the 10 outside at this point.

Vinatieri wasn't a very good kickoff guy even in his prime.

While I wouldn't mind having a potential home run threat at kick returner (notwithstanding Blount's good returns in the last game), I suspect he's been brought in to be a TY Hilton lookalike for practice.

This is really interesting if he is actually active. Hard to imagine Belichick trusting the season to a rarely used KR even though his returns are ridiculous.

Bingo. Dont fix what isnt broken.

Today, Blount must have the surest hands of all the NE RBs or else he wouldnt be the KR. Vereen is sure handed as well, but isnt 1 arm still dinged up?

So we signed a WR named Dunn one day after Indy signs a WR who is done?

Apparently he has been brought in to emulate TY Hilton, a good move to prepare them for what they will face this weekend. however I am pretty sure that Belichick also has the same idea in mind he had with Demps last year. See if he can get himself a big time KR to give them field position and some points out of their return game.

Giving the new WR Branch's old number is surely BB striking back in this latest round of mind games...:D

Giving the new WR Branch's old number is surely BB striking back in this latest round of mind games...:D

Yeah, but it means nothing if he doesn't dress for the game. Which he won't be doing.

Bingo. Dont fix what isnt broken.

Today, Blount must have the surest hands of all the NE RBs or else he wouldnt be the KR. Vereen is sure handed as well, but isnt 1 arm still dinged up?

That wrist might not need a cast now. Or at least I hope.

We seem to be accumulating youngsters to compete as returners and wide receivers next year.

IMHO, that's all to the good as long as we re-sign Edelman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes