PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Breer: Smith-Schuster’s Knee “A Mess,” May Affect WR Approach

The Patriots can't afford to have their #1 offensive offseason acquisition be on a "pitch count." They got this guy because they thought he was an upgrade over Jakobi Myers (and bc Myers might've been mean to Matt Patricia at some point). And where was he? On the bench not contributing.

The Patriots can't afford to have their #1 offensive offseason acquisition be on a "pitch count." They got this guy because they thought he was an upgrade over Jakobi Myers (and bc Myers might've been mean to Matt Patricia at some point). And where was he? On the bench not contributing.
The thing that I found interesting from Callahan's report in the Herald wasn't about Juju's health but of the priorities for WRs in the offense.

Parker is our WR1. He can high point the ball and go up and get it.

Bourne is Mac's go-to-guy. He's our WR2. Hell, some people think he's our WR1.

And Gasecki and Henry are like big receivers, so they're taking up a lot of those plays, too. You can only have so many pass catchers on the field.

So who do you have play WR3? I'd like to see them use Douglas a lot more often. But that means taking JuJu off the field. And they're clearly high on Boutte. So that means taking them both off the field.

Myers was never our primary WR1. He was always that second or third guy. So yes, we replaced him and Juju cost more money than our other guys we have on our roster (though less than Myers got from the Raiders). But I'm not sure that means he's the biggest priority in the offense.

Last edited:
The thing that I found interesting from Callahan's report in the Herald wasn't about Juju's health but of the priorities for WRs in the offense.

Parker is our WR1. He can high point the ball and go up and get it.

Bourne is Mac's go-to-guy. He's our WR2. Hell, some people think he's our WR1.

And Gasecki and Henry are like big receivers, so they're taking up a lot of those plays, too. You can only have so many pass catchers on the field.

So who do you have play WR3? I'd like to see them use Douglas a lot more often. But that means taking JuJu off the field. And they're clearly high on Boutte. So that means taking them both off the field.

Myers was never our primary WR1. He was always that second or third guy. So yes, we replaced him and Juju cost more money than our other guys we have on our roster (though less than Myers got from the Raiders). But I'm not sure that means he's the biggest priority in the offense.

There's our problem right there.

I'm hoping they target someone better in the offseason.

Yep; and I know I'm beating a dead horse but I had really hoped the Parker restructure was to free a bit more cap room for Hopkins if need be...
I just don't understand the reasoning behind it if it weren't.

Yep; and I know I'm beating a dead horse but I had really hoped the Parker restructure was to free a bit more cap room for Hopkins if need be...
I just don't understand the reasoning behind it if it weren't.
Yeah, no clue, though I'm not the biggest Hopkins fan. Right now, I'm hoping they target Tee Higgins or someone younger.

Callahan: JuJu Smith-Schuster NOT SEEN by Patriots as Top 5 WR Right Now​

Meanwhile jakobi Meyers has 9 receptions for 81 yards and 2 tds.

Remind me why Bill decided to pay juju instead?

Meanwhile jakobi Meyers has 9 receptions for 81 yards and 2 tds.

Remind me why Bill decided to pay juju instead?
Meyers is out this week with a concussion. No telling how long it will linger.

I've heard Nelson Agholor is available.

Ravens would never let him go unless it's for something really worth their while... like maybe a new kicking tee... or a bag of (non-deflated) footballs...
or a couple of extra red challenge hankies...

Meyers is out this week with a concussion. No telling how long it will linger.

Either way your #1 off-season pickup sitting on the final drive for 2 rookies isn't a good sign. Although could be a good sign for those rookies

Meanwhile the only receiver not to get an extension Kendrick Bourne who supposedly would be cut if they signed Hopkins is lighting it up while parker/juju sit

I think BB just has no touch on the receiver position.

Identical yards/catch averages last year too (12.0)... And Meyers' averages the previous two seasons (2020-21) were in fact superior to JJ's.

So where's this supposed advantage?
Well IMO.. if Mac isn't on IR by week 7 due to the offensive line.. I'd expect juju to be just fine..

Either way your #1 off-season pickup sitting on the final drive for 2 rookies isn't a good sign. Although could be a good sign for those rookies

Meanwhile the only receiver not to get an extension Kendrick Bourne who supposedly would be cut if they signed Hopkins is lighting it up while parker/juju sit

I think BB just has no touch on the receiver position.
True! As bad as I want my team to win and get the stench from last season's debacle done and away with.. all of these factors being the schedule, guys hurt or unavailable, the patchwork O line.. just feels like the deck is stacked up against them. . If we are out of it by say week 9.. I'd rather let the rookies play, and just re-vamp the entire WR corps for 2024.

True! As bad as I want my team to win and get the stench from last season's debacle done and away with.. all of these factors being the schedule, guys hurt or unavailable, the patchwork O line.. just feels like the deck is stacked up against them. . If we are out of it by say week 9.. I'd rather let the rookies play, and just re-vamp the entire WR corps for 2024.
If you’re giving up on the season already why don’t you just pipe down and let the rest of us delude ourselves with hope until the games are played, okay?

If you’re giving up on the season already why don’t you just pipe down and let the rest of us delude ourselves with hope until the games are played, okay?
Who says I'm giving up on the season? Please don't misinterpret my post I'm not trying to take away your hopes. I posted based on the concerns on the O line.. of course anything is possible. I'm one of the more optimistic posters here. So let's not try and read to much into things my friend. Okay?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back