PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Breer: Smith-Schuster’s Knee “A Mess,” May Affect WR Approach

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Breer: Smith-Schuster’s Knee “A Mess,” May Affect WR Approach
Ian Logue
One of the biggest stories this preseason has been the New England Patriots situation at wide receiver, which now may appear to have an additional wrinkle to consider heading into the final roster cutdown.

The post Breer: Smith-Schuster’s Knee “A Mess,” May Affect WR Approach appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Oh **** if true!

Phil Perry actually prophesized this a while ago.

Last edited:
I thought the "mess" comment was odd, since Juju has caught more passes than anyone in practice and no one has said anything about his knee throughout camp. Maybe it's something to worry about or just a stray thought from Breer.

Well, his hindrance was well documented last year in the playoffs, and SB.
So, it only reminds me how pissed I still am that they paid him all the money they wouldn't pay Meyers.
Meyers is younger, more durable, ingrained with Mac, and an incredible team-first Patriot-wayer.
So stupid.

I probably don't understand the process but don't they have medicals prior to signature ? If his knee was that bad then would it not have been picked up then ??

I probably don't understand the process but don't they have medicals prior to signature ? If his knee was that bad then would it not have been picked up then ??

Of course there is an incoming physical. Just like the DT tackle McCall failed his physical last week.

Well, his hindrance was well documented last year in the playoffs, and SB.
So, it only reminds me how pissed I still am that they paid him all the money they wouldn't pay Meyers.
Meyers is younger, more durable, ingrained with Mac, and an incredible team-first Patriot-wayer.
So stupid.

We have to move on from Meyers or we will be limited. Boutte will replace JJSS and Douglas will do the slot stuff. We are much better off this year and beyond. I love Meyers too, but holding onto him because he is an "incredible team-first Patriot" will not get us back to a SB (unfortunately).

ruh roh.
He injured his knee in AFC championship game with Chiefs.
Should it have been a red flag?

just asking for opinions and for discussion.

ruh roh.
He injured his knee in AFC championship game with Chiefs.
Should it have been a red flag?

just asking for opinions and for discussion.
It's not like it was a hidden injury. I'm sure they found out about the surgery Juju was doing and the realistic process for recovery and felt good enough to offer a contract.

Again, considering that he's caught more passes than anyone else in camp, the knee seems like it might not be a mess now more than a potential mess if reinjured.

Reif - looks good
Montgomery - looks good
JuJu - looks good.

Patriots team doctor
29027_253eedbc-3773-4fe9-88c7-631fe83e0c78.jpg

Reif - looks good
Montgomery - looks good
JuJu - looks good.

Patriots team doctor
Nobody has it worse than the 49ers and Chargers. Players are hobbling around every year.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back