PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats get Carolina's 2nd round pick in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to say it now and Carolina without a known QB will be drafting in the top 10, probably top 5. BB may have just converted the 89 into 40. That's unreal.

Damn I'm good :)

Re: With the Bengal's win today....

i don't know why you guys were afraid of the chargers...we always lose to the afc east anyway

Talented but perpetually immature team coached by idiots that plays to the level of its opponents. Only if the Pats dressed up as the Seahawks would the Chargers game be easy.

It's like the Patriots basically have 3 first round picks this year, hellll yeah.

This is going to be so sick. I really want 2 stud DEs and 1 awesome OL. That is all unless we can get Patrick Peterson.

Carolina finishes with the worst record in the league. The Pats will have the first pick on day 2 of the draft.

If you're curious about the wheeling and dealing that led to the #33 pick, I broke it down over in the draft forum.

The upshot: BB turned #89 overall in the 2009 draft into Brandon Spikes, Zoltan Mesko and the #33 in 2011.

confirmed what we had known for weeks... what a great trade

If you're curious about the wheeling and dealing that led to the #33 pick, I broke it down over in the draft forum.

The upshot: BB turned #89 overall in the 2009 draft into Brandon Spikes, Zoltan Mesko and the #33 in 2011.
awesome. Tweeted it.

I was glancing over the Chargers board and I saw some of their fans referring to Rivers as a, "future HOF QB."

I was like... what? He's the least accomplished QB from that 2004 class. History is only going to want so many Dan Marino's.

Last edited:

I feel like if people EVER complain about Belichick trading down in the draft (or trading for a pick the following year) this post needs to be shoved in their face. It obviously doesn't always work out this fantastic but there's something to be said about consistently trading for future picks worth more than current picks...you do it every year and you're always guaranteed to have increased value every damn year, I don't know why some people don't understand that.

Nice to see the Bengals win. The second they lose their two diva wide recievers, who were supposed to lead them to the superbowl, they win two in a row after losing 10 straight.

I'm going to say it now and Carolina without a known QB will be drafting in the top 10, probably top 5. BB may have just converted the 89 into 40. That's unreal.

You can be more precise. The Pats now have Carolina's 2nd round which is pick # 33 corresponding to the FIRST pick of the second day of the draft. Oh the wheeling and dealing to come........

10 teams have clinched a worse record than the Raiders.

5 teams can still finish tied at a possible 7-9 with Raiders.

Dolphins
Redskins
Seahawks
Titans
Vikings

The tie-breaker is SOS, and the team with the worse SOS picks before the one with the harder one.

Summary

Best case: Pick #11
If Raiders lose and 4 of above win (+ SEA Loss). If Raiders had the easiest SOS out of all of them, they would be the #11 pick. Though I doubt they would have easiest SOS.

Worst case: Pick #18
If the Raiders win and the Chargers & Jaguars lose, then they will all be tied at 8-8. If the Raiders had the toughest SOS out of all them, they would pick at #18.

You can check out the SOS at 2010 NFL Playoff Standings - National Football League - ESPN

SOS for the chargers and jaguars are actually very close to the raiders, so 18 is realistic if the raiders win.

As of now, the raiders have the "easiest" SOS by a pretty wide margin over the other 5 teams you list (seattle at the next easiest), but picking 11 is not possible because St. Louis has a worse SOS. if sea wins over Stl, then rams would also be 7-9 and pick before the raiders (what a freaking division).

We really need the chiefs to be motivated to get the #3 seed, then we should be looking at pick #15, maybe #14 if someone pulls off a real surprise (maybe NYG collapse allows WAS upset?)

Unfortunately, I guess Cable is not as incompetent as he seemed he was at the start of 2009 :)

Last edited:

I feel like if people EVER complain about Belichick trading down in the draft (or trading for a pick the following year) this post needs to be shoved in their face. It obviously doesn't always work out this fantastic but there's something to be said about consistently trading for future picks worth more than current picks...you do it every year and you're always guaranteed to have increased value every damn year, I don't know why some people don't understand that.

I agree with the jist of what you're saying--when all the dust settles, BB usually comes out looking smarter than a lot of people give him credit for.

Regarding BB's always trading back or out of the draft, shoving such scenarios "in people's faces" to prove your point is pretty laughable. One could just as easily point out hundreds of scenarios where BB has traded back and not chosen a future all-world player as proof that his strategy sucks. :confused:

I agree with the jist of what you're saying--when all the dust settles, BB usually comes out looking smarter than a lot of people give him credit for.

Regarding BB's always trading back or out of the draft, shoving such scenarios "in people's faces" to prove your point is pretty laughable. One could just as easily point out hundreds of scenarios where BB has traded back and not chosen a future all-world player as proof that his strategy sucks. :confused:

Hundreds? Okay- post them.
But first tell us how many "all-world players" other NFL coaches have drafted for comparisons sake.

I was glancing over the Chargers board and I saw some of their fans referring to Rivers as a, "future HOF QB."

I was like... what? He's the least accomplished QB from that 2004 class. History is only going to want so many Dan Marino's.

He is in an unfortunate situation because eyeore *****ed his way out of San Diego and managed to win a ring, and the guy he replaced is going for number #2 this year. Plus Roethlisberger has two as well. But yeah, I don't understand ordaining someone who doesn't have more significant victories. 2006 was their year and it ended with the Pats the doing the Colts the favor of keeping the AFC title game out of San Diego.

I don't even know why people are afraid of the colts, dome team that can't run, that can't stop the run outdoors in January, with a proven choker at qb.
that's what i'm saying

NE SHOULD have a clear path to the sb, they've never lost a home game with tom brady, in the playoffs...correct?

the next game i'd be worrying about if i was you guys, would be the sb in the dallas dome

33-14 :bricks:

oh yeah , that was IN NE, damn how could i forget that?

well......brady's having his best year ever, and green ellis is running wonderfully, so that won't happen again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back