PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats get Carolina's 2nd round pick in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing i have been thinking about with this is there are only a few coaches that can do this trade into next year consistently because they have job security... i mean why would a coach on the chopping block trade picks when they need to win now... BB has that luxury. And by god does he use it

Great point, and we never had a ton of holes to fill, of course that changed a bit this year

I feel like someone in the Pats organization should have an office bet with BB that he can't turn a 2010 7th round pick into a 2018 1st round pick. I know, I know, we don't know if BB will be around in 2018 ( I sure hope so, though!!), but I almost feel like BB's draft day patience and trades would give this one about a 50/50 shot. :)

yeah, but then after 8 years, or whatever, he'd use it on maroney.

just kidding!!

The thing i have been thinking about with this is there are only a few coaches that can do this trade into next year consistently because they have job security... i mean why would a coach on the chopping block trade picks when they need to win now... BB has that luxury. And by god does he use it

I will take that thinking one step further. When BB wants to hang em up, dont you think he will use up all his picks? One of the funnest things a coach/GM can do is "get the groceries", its his legacy. So beware of the year without the trade forward.
On another note, though the deal could be really sweet with a rookie QB coming in the deal isnt always as good as it looks. Spot 89 this year is worth spot 57 next year. Now knowing this is an exceptional draft and next years will be slim there very well might be a 20 player talent swing....spot 33(worst record in the league) would be worth 53 this year, add 32 equals 85...pretty similar to 89. If they make the playoffs next year that number jumps to 53 plus 20 plus 32 equals 105 vs 89....Its a more fair trade than most think.

this is very very good : alè !

With the Bengal's win today....

Carolina finishes with the worst record in the league. The Pats will have the first pick on day 2 of the draft.

Re: With the Bengal's win today....

Carolina finishes with the worst record in the league. The Pats will have the first pick on day 2 of the draft.

The other good news is that the Chargers are officially eliminated from the playoffs.

A great trade! It will be an absolute blast to see what BB ends up getting for trading that late third. last year.

Yes, that's a huge bonus.

Now that I think of it with BB stating previously that trades in the draft are often most active after an overnight break this pick could eventually be dealt.

LOL, what did you type, I couldn't get past your profile pic...:D

We're guaranteed pick #33.

Now to go win pick #32.

i don't know why you guys were afraid of the chargers...we always lose to the afc east anyway

now if the colts somehow upset you (yeah right, NE never loses home playoff games) don't come crying to me cause sd wasn't there to beat them for you lol

i don't know why you guys were afraid of the chargers...we always lose to the afc east anyway

now if the colts somehow upset you (yeah right, NE never loses home playoff games) don't come crying to me cause sd wasn't there to beat them for you lol

I agree if for no other reason then the Chargers would have had back to back cross country trips. When we beat the Charges a few years back in San Diego, the Patriots were spent at the AFC Championship game at Indy and let that get away after a big lead. Around a third of the team had the flu after the trip to San Diego

I wonder if vegas will do an over/under on belichick making the pick or trading it :D . Either way I'm sure he'll get something good for the pats in return.

I don't even know why people are afraid of the colts, dome team that can't run, that can't stop the run outdoors in January, with a proven choker at qb.

Not bad!!! Ends up being the first pick in the 2nd round!!!!!!!!!!!

Not bad!!! Ends up being the first pick in the 2nd round!!!!!!!!!!!

But to pull it off, you have to find a mark, I mean team to trade with....

89 for 33. Where's all the people who complained about trading picks for better value

Hopefully, we have back to back picks first and second roiund.
The Viking's pick is looking really good. They could be tied for the second pick in the third round. Randy Moss for a third? Why don't we just throw the year away, right?

10 teams have clinched a worse record than the Raiders.

5 teams can still finish tied at a possible 7-9 with Raiders.

Dolphins
Redskins
Seahawks
Titans
Vikings

The tie-breaker is SOS, and the team with the worse SOS picks before the one with the harder one.

Summary

Best case: Pick #11
If Raiders lose and 4 of above win (+ SEA Loss). If Raiders had the easiest SOS out of all of them, they would be the #11 pick. Though I doubt they would have easiest SOS.

Worst case: Pick #18
If the Raiders win and the Chargers & Jaguars lose, then they will all be tied at 8-8. If the Raiders had the toughest SOS out of all them, they would pick at #18.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye