PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release Tully Banta-Cain [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: TBC's contract terminated (merged)

Typical Pats head scracthing move. We're good for about five of these each year. Hopefully, this means that we're getting a huge upgrade at OLB, but likely we won't.

They're likely re-signing some linebacker from 1942 for leadership... :rolleyes:

Re: TBC Cut??

<< Man.... what's going on in Patriots Nation? >>

BB has declared war on our linebackers.

Yeah baby!

BBsaid on weei that he would surprised if the pats were involved in a trade...

Only one thing is certain with BB on the controls, that there is a sunday this week and we will field a team ! Other than that I'm not sure anymore :eek:

Reiss says: "My general feeling on Banta-Cain: Wouldn't be surprised if he's back ... sooner rather than later."

WTF?

Yes because he was released before the deadline which means he doesn't have to clear waivers.

If Merriman is a healthy scratch tonight that will add to this developing story.

I'm astounded and perplexed.

Wild speculation here. No facts to back it up other than a theory based on events.

Could there have been some pernicious atmosphere developing in the locker room, maybe after the Big Sey trade? Something that made BB move up the timetable for bringing in Seau weeks earlier than planned? Maybe BB tried everything and finally feels that he absolutely had to put his foor down hard on vocal rebels.

/tinfoil hat off

Only one thing is certain with BB on the controls, that there is a sunday this week and we will field a team ! Other than that I'm not sure anymore :eek:

Maybe BB means "no, we're not tampering."

Is this an episode of Survivor: Foxboro? Adalius must have won the immunity challenge and remains on the team. I'm not sure Galloway is still on the island at this point.

As the cap space argument would make little sense given the fact he keeps most of his pay, could this be a personal conduct/substance abuse issue? Not sure what else to make of it as I believe he is currently the sack leader.

Re: TBC's contract terminated (merged)

Are we going to a 6-1-4 defense formation? :D

Last edited:

Maybe Oakland needed another LB? :rolleyes:

I'm astounded and perplexed.

Wild speculation here. No facts to back it up other than a theory based on events.

Could there have been some pernicious atmosphere developing in the locker room, maybe after the Big Sey trade? Something that made BB move up the timetable for bringing in Seau weeks earlier than planned? Maybe BB tried everything and finally feels that he absolutely had to put his foor down hard on vocal rebels.

/tinfoil hat off

Yeah this sounds like it comes from someone wearing a tin foil hat.. watch out for those gamma waves.

<< Man.... what's going on in Patriots Nation? >>

BB has declared war on our linebackers.

Yeah baby!

Now that would send a shiver down their spine ! Well it actually looks like a thorough shake down

WTF??! there goes our only pass rush....I dont get this.

You know what this shows?

It shows that as much as we play backseat driver from the comfort of our computers and televisions, we don't know jack sh*t about how this football team operates. We sit here and pick out the little intricacies of the team, and we act like we know the players and the coaches philosophies.

But really, we are totally clueless. And for some reason, I think BB likes it that way.

Julius Peppers sighted in Logan Airport lobby this afternoon....details at 11

It shows that as much as we play backseat driver from the comfort of our computers and televisions, we don't know jack sh*t about how this football team operates. We sit here and pick out the little intricacies of the team, and we act like we know the players and the coaches philosophies.

But really, we are totally clueless. And for some reason, I think BB likes it that way.

:agree: brother ! Couldn't have said it better !

To my entirely untrained eye, TBC looked like he was playing way above expectations, was creating more pass rush than anyone, and looked to be back on the upswing.

I know we say this every time a player is released, but there has to be more to this.

Of course BB likes it that way. He works his best magic with the knowledge of no one. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back