PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release Tully Banta-Cain [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: TBC's contract terminated (merged)

WHAT IS HAPPPENNNNNNINNNNNNG!!! :stars2:

Re: TBC Cut??

Holy Crap...

It has to be creating roster space for someone.. now this is a real head-scratcher...

I'm at a loss..

Possibly clearing space for one of LeVoir/Tate? Not sure if that's possible or plausible, just throwing it out there.

When is the trade deadline -- what time of day?

WTF ? From what it looks, he was doing very much ok ! It doesn't make sense unless another LB joins the group, Who might that be ?

Possibly clearing space for one of LeVoir/Tate? Not sure if that's possible or plausible, just throwing it out there.

That would be lame... but still something they would do.

<< Bill has been MUCH more aggressive without Pioli >>

Bill has got to be pissed at the pathetic lack of pressure we've been getting in a pass-heavy must-harass-the-QB league. Nice to see something in the works!

Some kind of trade in the works by tomorrow for a OLB for a guy to replace Tully?

Weird... He is being interviewed in Sirius Radio.... Caught by surprise...

The NE Patriots are probably the weirdest organisation in pro sports history. Not all in a bad way - in fact 99% in an awesome way.

They clearly don't give a rat's *** about what anyone thinks, anyone says... they care about making their team better - sometimes in the strangest imaginable ways.

I liked TBC. I am perplexed with the move. But... it's all good. They won HUGE without AD, they've won with street dudes starting at corner... enjoy the ride.

Banta-Cain was playing great for us. Something has to be going down, could we be seeing a trade for an OLB on the horizon? There has to be. Why else would you cut an OLB that has played well for you after a game which just saw Adalius Thomas deactivated? I don't know about the numbers, but imagine Merriman was on his way? LOL wow that would be awesome. Bill has been MUCH more aggressive without Pioli.

Whoa ! that would be huge !!

At this point all I hope is that BB writes a tell-all book long after he retires.

Reiss: "My general feeling on Banta-Cain: Wouldn't be surprised if he's back ... sooner rather than later."

Reiss says: "My general feeling on Banta-Cain: Wouldn't be surprised if he's back ... sooner rather than later."

WTF?

His snaps yesterday were 28/49. Not like he wasn't doing anything out there...

The weirdest part of all --- AD doesn't play, TBC gets cut ---

AND BURGESS KEEPS GETTING SNAPS !!!

I have to say, it's more than intriguing. I love it.

BBsaid on weei that he would surprised if the pats were involved in a trade...

Typical Pats head scracthing move. We're good for about five of these each year. Hopefully, this means that we're getting a huge upgrade at OLB, but likely we won't.

So what's the deal? The Raiders need another LB? :rolleyes:

Any information if this was a personal-conduct issue?

Just thinking out loud, because he was playing prett6y well, at least as far as I could see. Man.... what's going on in Patriots Nation?

Reiss: "My general feeling on Banta-Cain: Wouldn't be surprised if he's back ... sooner rather than later."

thats probably a sane observation . Reiss understands that pats do this all the time so maybe he will be back.maybe pats want to sign another RB or activate tate or someone to the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back