PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots + Gronkowski = Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gronk should play when he is ready to play, he has his own career to worry about. If the club thinks that he is not useful then they can cut him.

"Those who have watched him the past two weeks insist Gronkowski looks like he's absolutely ready to play -- and are baffled why he has not yet appeared in a game this season. Patriots players have been waiting and wondering what the holdup is."

Rob Gronkowski camp, New England Patriots differ on status - ESPN Boston

He should be playing. If he doesn't want to that's on him. I would activate him and put him in. If he won't play I would suspend him without pay. I doubt that will be a popular opinion but it seems like him and his people are the only reason he's not playing.

Gronk should play when he is ready to play, he has his own career to worry about. If the club thinks that he is not useful then they can cut him.

Hmm. I don't think it's nearly so clear that a player who is under contract to play football and is being paid to play football should feel no obligation to play football if he's physcially capable of it.

Hmm. I don't think it's nearly so clear that a player who is under contract to play football and is being paid to play football should feel no obligation to play football if he's physcially capable of it.

Like I said, if the club feels that Gronk is not holding his end of the bargain, they can cut him. They have more power than the player in this regard.

I also believe that he was not rushed back last time and that the second arm fracture was an unbelievably long-shot, unfortunate occurrence.

I couldn't agree more. I've thought more people would have agreed also. Somehow I can't seem to find the play where he broke it the second time.

Like I said, if the club feels that Gronk is not holding his end of the bargain, they can cut him. They have more power than the player in this regard.
Actually no, they can't cut him.

Of course they can't cut him. Gronkowski has already been paid for these games. (Not only did he receive a signing bonus, but his first 3 years' salaries are guaranteed.)

Yes, an injured player has to recover before playing. But no, a player who has signed a contract and received millions of dollars to play can't just decide whether he feels like playing.

"Those who have watched him the past two weeks insist Gronkowski looks like he's absolutely ready to play -- and are baffled why he has not yet appeared in a game this season. Patriots players have been waiting and wondering what the holdup is."

Rob Gronkowski camp, New England Patriots differ on status - ESPN Boston

He should be playing. If he doesn't want to that's on him. I would activate him and put him in. If he won't play I would suspend him without pay. I doubt that will be a popular opinion but it seems like him and his people are the only reason he's not playing.

Why roll the dice in September for a non-conference game?

Sure. Because the Pats MUST win this September game when they are already at 3-0.

January/February be damned.

Or perhaps the "medical" staff that allowed this guy back onto the sidelines to leap and jump around on an injured ankle when Cundiff missed the kick in the AFCCG two seasons ago - (further screwing up his ankle for the SB) and that same medical staff that rushed him back for the inconsequential Dolphins game last year (yeah, caught a TD but WATCH the video of how he continually favoring that arm - - a protective technique that caused him to fall awkwardly against Houston in the next game.

The Falcons have a crap secondary. It is September. They are 3-0. For this game, if the Pats were desperate, they should $#(t the bed and panic about getting more personnel to counter the Falcons passing game.

It's a long season. They don't hand you the Lombardi in September.

Last edited:
Of course they can't cut him. Gronkowski has already been paid for these games. (Not only did he receive a signing bonus, but his first 3 years' salaries are guaranteed.)

Yes, an injured player has to recover before playing. But no, a player who has signed a contract and received millions of dollars to play can't just decide whether he feels like playing.

So if he decided not to play, what would be the recourse for the patriots? Can they get their money back? Does the first 3 year's guarantee hold even if he is fired?

No Gronk....no problem.....just slide in that other TE that should be all healed and physically ready to go....Jake Ballard :)
Ballard was a no go after 15 months of healing......And Gronk should be ready after 3??

No Gronk....no problem.....just slide in that other TE that should be all healed and physically ready to go....Jake Ballard :)
Ballard was a no go after 15 months of healing......And Gronk should be ready after 3??

I agree completely. This can only mean, every NFL TE from this day forward, can never be ready before 15 months.

We'll call it "The Ballard Equation".

So we have an article that has no direct quotes from either the team or the player's inner circle. So it MUST be true!

I agree completely. This can only mean, every NFL TE from this day forward, can never be ready before 15 months.

We'll call it "The Ballard Equation".

Don't take Borg too seriously there. Either he was trolling or trying to be funny. Because, as everyone knows, a torn knee ACL is exactly the same as a broken forearm injury.

Last edited:
Adam Schefter is reporting the Gronk has been full go in practice the last two weeks, but Gronk's inner circle has decided that since the Pats are 3-0 and this is a non-conference game that Gronk should sit it out. If he is making decisions like this, it is very disconcerting. It is one thing to feel he is not ready, but making decisions on whether he should sit out another week because of the Pats' record and who they are playing oversteps his bounds as a player. Either he is ready to go or he isn't. The Pats' record and opponent should irrelevant.

I love Gronk. But if this report is true, I have lost a little respect for him.

If this team can make the playoffs without him, I'd rather Gronk pulls a Shaq than is rushed back early. His injuries killed them two years in a row.

It's been 14 weeks for a 12-week recovery. Gronk needs to play this weekend; otherwise,
fuhgeddabout a Pats victory.

Gronk better play. We need him. I was fine he didn't play the bucs and jets because that set up out receivers to get great reps. And it payed against the bucs.

Gronk better play. We need him. I was fine he didn't play the bucs and jets because that set up out receivers to get great reps. And it payed against the bucs.

Why do the Pats "need" him right now? The season would be all over for you if the Pats lost to a non-conference team in September to become 3-1?

They'll TRULY need him for the division games(especially the two games against the Dolphins) and for the playoff run.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back