PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots + Gronkowski = Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you guys please stop with the "coming back too soon" stuff? If he's medically cleared to play, by definition, it isn't "too soon". This isn't a playoff situation in which risking Gronk's health may be worth it if you can get a win out of it.

the problem is who decides if hes medically ready? if its DR gill who decides if hes medically ready then he could be coming back to soon based on dr gills track record. so nobody should stop with the "coming back to soon stuff" its a legit possibility.

Why do the Pats "need" him right now? The season would be all over for you if the Pats lost to a non-conference team in September to become 3-1?

They'll TRULY need him for the division games(especially the two games against the Dolphins) and for the playoff run.

It wouldn't be all over. But isn't the object of football to field your best players that are ready to go and try and win every game? If we don't need gronk, one of our best offensive weapons for a non conference game, why is Brady goung to play??

Excuse my ignorance but I was deployed overseas for most of the 1998-2008, what exactly is Ron Borges problem with Belichick, does it stem from something or Borges just an ass for the sake of being an ass?

BB won't give out information, like injuries (which makes this article a hoot). Borges had locker room sources such as Bledsoe, so he could stir up stuff.

Borges has looked like a fool second guessing BB, and so has petty jealous hatred. (See below)

"On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyatta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 sack last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end. This genius move was followed by trading out of a spot where they could have gotten the last decent receiver in Robert Ferguson and settled for tackle Matt Light, who will not help any time soon."

Jason Cole @JasonPhilCole
On the Pats-Gronk matter, part of the problem revolves around distrust of the NE team doctor. Gronk has been unhappy with all the surgery

another rumor dissing that fishy team doctor, Dr Gill

But was it Gill who did the surgery? I don't think so.

It wouldn't be all over. But isn't the object of football to field your best players that are ready to go and try and win every game? If we don't need gronk, one of our best offensive weapons for a non conference game, why is Brady goung to play??

1) Because Brady hasn't had 5 surgeries in the past 7 months.

2) The new WR's need to develop chemistry with Brady

3) Obviously, YOU put alot of confidence into Dr. Gill. In your post, your most important words were "to field your best players THAT ARE READY TO GO" (caps mine). As has been provided in this thread, many others - - including players, their doctors and the players union - - have a far different opinion of Dr. Gill and the Patriots medical staff. At some point, one's track record in life becomes paramount - - it's time to pull the plug on this Dr. Gill.

4) Gronkowski, who is no softy, doesn't feel like he is ready.

I'm sorry, but the GLORY of winning this week 4 game against a non-conference team is not worth the risks of playing Gronkowski if he doesn't feel mentally or physically ready.

Last edited:
Jason Cole @JasonPhilCole
On the Pats-Gronk matter, part of the problem revolves around distrust of the NE team doctor. Gronk has been unhappy with all the surgery

another rumor dissing that fishy team doctor, Dr Gill

But was it Gill who did the surgery? I don't think so.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why the Patriots continue to employ him. He must have nudes of Belichick and upper brass with altar boys because the guy is a quack.

I don't get it. It's 3pm EST. the team should already be on their way to Atlanta. No report on whether gronk and amendola were spotted at Gillette, boarding busses to the airport?!?!?

Why do the Pats "need" him right now? The season would be all over for you if the Pats lost to a non-conference team in September to become 3-1?

They'll TRULY need him for the division games(especially the two games against the Dolphins) and for the playoff run.

If Belichick agrees with this, then sit him. But if Gronk is making the decision to sit based on the opponent the Pats should suspend him for this game for conduct detrimental to the team if they can. Only the head coach can decide to sit a player because of who they are playing. A player should not dictate whether they play or based on the opponent.

3) Obviously, YOU put alot of confidence into Dr. Gill. As has been provided in this thread, many others - - including players, their doctors and the players union - - have a far different opinion of Dr. Gill and the Patriots medical staff. At some point, one's track record in life becomes paramount - - it's time to pull the plug on this Dr. Gill.

I'm sorry, but the GLORY of winning this week 4 game against a non-conference team is not worth the risks of playing Gronkowski if he doesn't feel mentally or physically ready.

How does Gill still have a job?

It is the medical staff, not the player, who determines when the player is healthy enough to return.

Also, with regard to last year, the second fracture did not occur at the same place. Gronkowski fell on his elbow and the arm bone snapped at the end of
the plate. The original fracture had healed. I wonder if extra recovery time would have prevented anything with the plate still in place.

3) Obviously, YOU put alot of confidence into Dr. Gill. As has been provided in this thread, many others - - including players, their doctors and the players union - - have a far different opinion of Dr. Gill and the Patriots medical staff. At some point, one's track record in life becomes paramount - - it's time to pull the plug on this Dr. Gill.

Jeff Howe said today that the NFLPA's grievance with Dr. Gill was purely a leverage play to force a settlement in the Fanene case. There was never any real meat behind the grievance.

Gronk made the flight. No word yet on Amendola.

If Belichick agrees with this, then sit him. But if Gronk is making the decision to sit based on the opponent the Pats should suspend him for this game for conduct detrimental to the team if they can. Only the head coach can decide to sit a player because of who they are playing. A player should not dictate whether they play or based on the opponent.

Gronk isn't making the decision based on the opponent, or the venue or the schedule.

He doesn't feel ready to play due to his injury.

The schedule/opponent/playoff tie breakers, etc. are what should influence Belichick. The injury should be up to Gronk and the doctors (including, but not exclusive to the Patriots doctors).

I'm tempted to throw my two cents in but then I remembered all these reports are team sources or league sources so I'm not sure we're getting the whole story.
Also seeing Ron Borges name slipped into the bottom of the article knowing if his name was at the top 90% of the people reading it would have stopped as soon as they saw his name made me think there's a lot of misinformation out there.

Gronk isn't making the decision based on the opponent, or the venue or the schedule.

He doesn't feel ready to play due to his injury.

The schedule/opponent/playoff tie breakers, etc. are what should influence Belichick. The injury should be up to Gronk and the doctors (including, but not exclusive to the Patriots doctors).

According to Adam Schefter he is making the decision based on the opponent and the Pats' record. Schefter could be wrong.

If I wasn't posting on an iPhone, I would provide a link to the story

According to Adam Schefter he is making the decision based on the opponent and the Pats' record. Schefter could be wrong.

If I wasn't posting on an iPhone, I would provide a link to the story

Right, because Schefter is clearly one of Gronk's closest buddies, and hangs out with him at the local strip club, so he must know Gronk well enough to enlighten us on how he thinks.

Right, because Schefter is clearly one of Gronk's closest buddies, and hangs out with him at the local strip club, so he must know Gronk well enough to enlighten us on how he thinks.

I am sure he has a good relationship with Drew Rosenhaus.

I will volunteer to accompany Gronk to these venues and will report back to Patsfans as long as nobody tells my wife about this site

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes