PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Vince Young surprises Steve McNair's sons

Status
Not open for further replies.
For once a good story about an athlete with a heart doing something very unselfish!

That's great. Vince has had some tough times and I'm glad to hear that he's doing well and thinking of others.

Great to hear a nice story of selflessness like this. Well done Vince Young.

That's great. Vince has had some tough times and I'm glad to hear that he's doing well and thinking of others.

Indeed.

And by the way, I don't recall any of the tough times being of the classic jock-thug type. They were just a young man having very visible trouble handling a difficult job.

Good stuff!

And a good reminder that athletic character and human character are only loosely correlated. Ray Lewis is probably a better teammate than Vince Young, but as human beings it seems to be very much the other way around.

Slow Clap.

Well done Vince Young. That is a story worth repeating.

Must be awful to lose a father at a young age and it tragic circumstances also.

BRAVO.

Great story. I still hate the Titans, but wish Vince the best of luck in his personal life. If he can latch onto this and be a role model for those boys then I dare say the QB position on the Titans has improved drastically because he is a freak on the gridiron.

The sad thing is that professional athletes do all kinds of stuff like this all the time with countless charities, but you'll never hear about it because of the small number of major D-Bags like Big Ben and Plaxico Burress.

A wonderful gesture by a fine young man. You can almost see the smiles on those young kids faces while reading this. He will forever be their big brother, and I will now root for Vince Young in every game he plays, I am now one of his biggest fans. Stories like this touch your heart.

Reminds me of a Curtis Martin story I heard. When he was a rookie for the Pats, a Massachusetts boy invited him to his Bar Mitzvah, Curtis went. Very classy.

man, that got to me. good work vince. i've been a fan since he beat usc. glad to see him step up.

WOW! I am so rooting for this guy after reading this. Well done Vince Young!!!!!!!!

In the wake of all the bad stories surrounding the NFL, it's good to see Vince Young continue to be a determined player.

Vince Young pitching in to help flood victims

Vince Young plans trip to connect with Tennessee Titans receivers
Good for him, the team really rallied around him last year after we landed the final blow. However I think for the Titans to succeed this year they are going need him to step up his game because Chris Johnson can't keep up this pace forever.

Last edited:
Stand up job Vince.

Take notes LaDanian Tomlinson.. Your actions define you as classy, you don't call yourself classy..

Wow. I am touched and very impressed with Vince Young's actions. I hope he can capitalize on his improvements on the field and keep this up. Sure, it doesn't help the Pats, but it sure is good for football.

Well played sir.

Indeed.

And by the way, I don't recall any of the tough times being of the classic jock-thug type. They were just a young man having very visible trouble handling a difficult job.

Good stuff!

And a good reminder that athletic character and human character are only loosely correlated. Ray Lewis is probably a better teammate than Vince Young, but as human beings it seems to be very much the other way around.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Vince Young is good people and obviously a class act. Just couldn't meet the expectations heaped upon him when he went to the Titans. The fans and media there turned on him so quickly he broke down almost to the point of quitting football altogether. He seems back on the way up now, and reading stuff like this you can't help but root for him all the way.

Horns up, Vince.

Way to go Vince! Wicked pissah!
Perhaps the character building positive acts he's given to Steve's kids and the flood ravaged folks of Tenn and the consequent maturation process will help rebuild his self confidence, restore inner peace and perspective and help him regain the field presence that troubled him early on. I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News