PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve Belichick interviewing for College Job

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Looks like Steve Belichick is looking for greener pastures in the pac-north west...

interviewing for Jedd Fisch's team out there...

and it looks like Vinnie Sunseri has entered the interview circuit as well

I thought Vinnie did an alright job with the backs...

and the handwriting was on the wall for Steve Belichick once the rumors of Covington for DC started spreading... was never even a whisper of him taking the DC role over... Hate to lose that much experience, but it was inevitable...

Last edited:
It sucks to lose him but not unexpected . When I saw the title, I was hoping he was trying for the newly opened BC job. Couldn’t hurt!

I was hoping he would stay, but I can completely understand why he may need to rebrand himself outside of the patriots and his dad's circle.

I was hoping he would stay, but I can completely understand why he may need to rebrand himself outside of the patriots and his dad's circle.
rebrand or is it just awkward to be in New England? I expect Brian to leave as well...

It will be a huge plus if Mike Pellegrino stays... hes done really well with the CBs over the past few years, all things considered

Curious to know if there have been any NFL teams he has been talking to. Typically those coaches bring in their own people.

Curious to know if there have been any NFL teams he has been talking to. Typically those coaches bring in their own people.
he's been pretty insulated in New England... does he even have a wide circle of friends and acquaintances outside of his fathers web that his agent could tap into to get him an interview?

Hoping Mayo will have a press conference with the new coordinators soon. Would be good to hear from him.
Hopefully he puts forth an optimistic tone.
Other than the panthers, pats are probably at the lowest starting point of all teams.

Hoping Mayo will have a press conference with the new coordinators soon. Would be good to hear from him.
Other than the panthers, pats are probably at the lowest starting point of all teams.
Doubt he will... Don't think we will get much til free agency

Doubt he will... Don't think we will get much til free agency
You are probably right, unfortunately.
We know so little about Mayo and both coordinators. Would be great to let the media get to know them a bit.

he's been pretty insulated in New England... does he even have a wide circle of friends and acquaintances outside of his fathers web that his agent could tap into to get him an interview?
No time like the present to get out of Dad's very big shadow.

Oh, he'll "put forth an optimistic tone" alright.

The only way for the Belichick boys to prove they are more than nepo hires -- and they were by definition nepo hires-- is to be successful without Dad.

I'd rather see him in the NFL. He's been a play caller and has learned defenses from the best, so he should get some looks for a DC job.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back