PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve Belichick interviewing for College Job

I always get that confused to loose or lose lol.. but it's very interesting to say the least. I saw it was an offer to stay in the organization like you did. But you could be right it probably was a demoted role especially with interviews being held for DC.
pro tip

loose vs lose ... "lose" the extra o for "lose"

Hopefully there won't be too many changes on the defensive side of the ball... and considering Defense is the strong point of Mayo's coaching game, I expect a relatively trouble free transition for DC DeMarcus Covington... Be interesting to see who they tap for DL coach, and more importantly, to me anyways, that we keep Mike Pellegrino here to run the CBs/DBs if BB the Second [Brian, the safeties coach] decides to leave...
I admittedly criticized pelligrino, but he deserved credit he had those CBS playing well. The continuing continuity on the defensive side is what will help the offense along. IMO mayo will let AVP do his thing offer his oversight on what he wants and stay out the way offensively. I too agree with bring someone in as an assistant someone older.. like a Jim Caldwell or someone of that magnitude.

The continuing continuity on the defensive side is what will help the offense along.
absolutely correct.

The less attention that needs to be paid to the defense, the coaching staff won't have to "fight a two front war"... can focus the attention on the offense, where it is needed most...

Hopefully there won't be too many changes on the defensive side of the ball... and considering Defense is the strong point of Mayo's coaching game, I expect a relatively trouble free transition for DC DeMarcus Covington... Be interesting to see who they tap for DL coach, and more importantly, to me anyways, that we keep Mike Pellegrino here to run the CBs/DBs if BB the Second [Brian, the safeties coach] decides to leave...

Agree with all of this. I also think it’s why Mayo liked the idea of bringing in a veteran OC, as he’s going to be more involved with defense. I’m also hoping that Van Pelt brings in position coaches from the WC variant offense he’s coached in.

Agree with all of this. I also think it’s why Mayo liked the idea of bringing in a veteran OC, as he’s going to be more involved with defense. I’m also hoping that Van Pelt brings in position coaches from the WC variant offense he’s coached in.
time to go get Stump Mitchell, who was also fired when Van Pelt was

I've tempered it down. Honestly most of those were to trigger a few posters here (they know who they are). My job is done. Moving on.
Not sure if I am one of your targets or if I just got caught in the crossfire either way not cool.

And this is the tempered version.

I admittedly criticized pelligrino, but he deserved credit he had those CBS playing well. The continuing continuity on the defensive side is what will help the offense along. IMO mayo will let AVP do his thing offer his oversight on what he wants and stay out the way offensively. I too agree with bring someone in as an assistant someone older.. like a Jim Caldwell or someone of that magnitude.
Caldwell is with the Panthers as Sr. Asst. and is expected to remain.

pro tip

loose vs lose ... "lose" the extra o for "lose"
I've always wondered if it was some sort of weird sports incontinence thing :haha:

Caldwell is with the Panthers as Sr. Asst. and is expected to remain.
Zimmer? Frazier? They could be viable options. Someone will emerge.. other than that Mayo has something that not to many people can say.. he played and coached under Bill.. Brady praised his hiring as well as Bruschi.

Zimmer? Frazier? They could be viable options. Someone will emerge.. other than that Mayo has something that not to many people can say.. he played and coached under Bill.. Brady praised his hiring as well as Bruschi.
Zimmer interviewing for DC w/ Cowgirls.
I think Frazier is going to Raiders as Sr. Asst.

Zimmer interviewing for DC w/ Cowgirls.
I think Frazier is going to Raiders as Sr. Asst.
How about them Cowgirls.. LOL.. ok interesting. Well I can't think of too many other options.. mayo will probably fill in his staff with up and coming coaches. Week 1 is 7 months away fortunately..

Zimm just interviewed in Dallas for DC, Frazier just hired in Seattle iirc...

time to go get Stump Mitchell, who was also fired when Van Pelt was
Could you please not call him Stump?

The reason why is there was a kid in Woburn who got his arm caught in a pop machine and they had to cut is arm off at the elbow. All the others kids called him Stump after that. Sad story.

Could you please not call him Stump?

The reason why is there was a kid in Woburn who got his arm caught in a pop machine and they had to cut is arm off at the elbow. All the others kids called him Stump after that. Sad story.
season 15 episode 21 GIF

Not sure if I am one of your targets or if I just got caught in the crossfire either way not cool.

And this is the tempered version.
You were a casualty. Kept trying to throw you back in. Hooked a couple of whales though. Lol

Its impossible to rank.

Walsh never lost a SB.
Schula has the only undefeated team.

Rules have changed, players are bigger, faster, smarter and stronger. NFL defenses used to stay in 1 alignment the whole game. The game was way more violent.
View attachment 56401
I enjoyed the game before it has moved more towards favoring offense.

Back to HC's - they all need a QB to succeed. Walsh had a 8-24 record (2-6 record with Montana) before they started their run in 1981. I've seen him somehow getting a pass on here. This was before my time as I was just born. But for the guys that watched during that era, what was the outlook of the 49ers prior to the 1981 season? Also, while he's undefeated, he only went to 3 SB's to BB's 9. But I agree you can't rank Coach's just like players as they played in different era's with different rules.

Shula - only 2 losing seasons in 26 years, one undefeated season and 2-3 Super Bowl record.

Bill and Tom were the best in their era.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the game before it has moved more towards favoring offense.

Back to HC's - they all need a QB to succeed. Walsh had a 8-24 record (2-6 record with Montana) before they started their run in 1981. I've seen him somehow getting a pass on here. This was before my time as I was just born. But for the guys that watched during that era, what was the outlook of the 49ers prior to the 1981 season? Also, while he's undefeated, he only went to 4 SB's to BB's 9. But I agree you can't rank Coach's just like players as they played in different era's with different rules.

Shula - only 2 losing seasons in 26 years, one undefeated season and 2-3 Super Bowl record.

Bill and Tom were the best in their era.
He actually won 3 Seifert took over and won one with Joe and then a second one with Young.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back