PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Texans having a fire sale?

We could use Cooks. I know most aren’t a fan but he’d be easily our best receiver.
Still blazing fast, gets open, catches everything. I’d love to see Cooks back. He’d certainly be our best receiver. It’ll probably never happen, but it’s fun to dream.

I would send newton to Texans for cooks in a heartbeat!
pack packing GIF

Personally i think Watson forcing hus way out is the best thing that could happen to Houston. He is exactly the kins of QB that kills a teams super bowl chances. Good enough for a huge pay day but not enough to win it all, cause there will always be a few bad/young/hot QBs on a loaded team or a HOF QB on an equally stacked or better team. That is the ceiling that is impossible to break for these good but not great QBs. Sadly it looks like Watson missed his window. Unless he signs to an otherwise great team this year when he only cost 15 million. Like the Saints

Cooks is the kind of WR I dont like to have usually as the cost vs impact is usually bad, but this would be good. Id also keep jim next year at his 13M number unless someone better comes along. Jones is a young QB and needs help. Cooks will do for now, until we hopefully get a better #1 WR. We have under valued that here due to Brady, but most QBs have. Hard time navigating the defense without that guy you can lean on.

Last edited:
I’d bring Cooks back in a heartbeat. He and Agholor put a lot of speed on the field and make it damn near impossible to match up with Henry and Smith. Unless we’re playing a D with a stacked CB group, that would mean the offense will see a ton of Cover-2 which would be eaten alive by seam routes. Cooks and Agholor on the field would provide extra running room for our RBs because it would keep the opposing D in Nickel and Dime packages and move that other safety out of the box. Sign me up.

I’d bring Cooks back in a heartbeat. He and Agholor put a lot of speed on the field and make it damn near impossible to match up with Henry and Smith. Unless we’re playing a D with a stacked CB group, that would mean the offense will see a ton of Cover-2 which would be eaten alive by seam routes. Cooks and Agholor on the field would provide extra running room for our RBs because it would keep the opposing D in Nickel and Dime packages and move that other safety out of the box.

I agree, Cooks, Agholor, and Meyers would make a pretty darn good core wide receiver group. That doesn’t factor in our other talent. You could easily work with that.

Pretty sure it was 99.99% Jack Easterby.

From Pastor to Character Coach to Executive VP of football operations is a meteoric rise for Jack...

Then there is Nick Caserio who is their GM...

Is Cooks realistic cap wise? It looks to me like he's 6M this year and 9M next year...hmm.

2021 salary cap hit to an acquiring team would just be $3m. $13.7m in cap charge in 2022 with no guaranteed money. FA after that.

He wasn’t quite what we hoped for here, but I’d take him back in a heartbeat if we could get him for relatively cheap.

This is a no brainer & the moves you should make with a QB on a rookie deal. Cooks is a top 20-25 WR.

Brandin Cooks seems to occupy that uncanny valley area of value where he's always a boon to your team, but you always get the sense that someone else will pay him more than he's worth. He's never so dominant that he forces your hand in keeping him, but never so bad that you can bring him back on a reasonable deal. So teams trade him before it gets to that point.

That said, what that means is he's a valuable receiver on any team, for at least the next two years while he's under contract. And I doubt the asking price would be a super high pick at this point.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back