PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Washington Commanders sale “imminent” (update: sold for $6 billion)

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score

It actually seems to be on the verge of happening.

The Commanders, after nearly 24 years of ownership by Dan Snyder, could very soon be under new management.

Per multiple sources, Dan and Tanya Snyder have cleared out of the team’s facility in advance of the sale of the team. As one source explained it, they left in late December.

We’re also told that, within the building, the word being used regarding a potential sale is “imminent.” Multiple sources said that a sale could be approved and announced as soon as the upcoming league meetings in Arizona.

Last edited:
Thank ****ING God. The should be in jail instead of making Billions on a team he's mismanaged since day one. Hopefully it will go to good ownership.

The stories around the DC area of the awful things Snyder has done are a bottomless pit. Hopefully he's moving out of the area to become someone else's local landfill.

@Joker maybe you can add to your real estate empire? Someplace to hang out in February, when the flowers are blooming instead of being buried under ice and snow?

Snyder bought the "Skins in 1999 for $800m.....24yrs later a $6b sale.

ARR- 8.75%

Not bad.

Oh, Snyder is quite happy. I wonder what the taxes are going to look like for him on a $5 billon profit though...

Last edited:
Snyder bought the "Skins in 1999 for $800m.....24yrs later a $6b sale.

ARR- 8.75%

Not bad.
I would presume it was more than just the sale price, I presume he got a lot of positive cash flow over those 24 years, at least until he pissed off the fan base so badly that they stopped coming to games.

Of course the NFL will continue its investigation into Snyder, they don't want to be seen as condoning the lecherous activities of an arrogant billionaire.

Wait, what?

Mr. Kraft is smiling big time this afternoon.. his investment of $172 million in 1994 increased exponentially..
Last year the Bronco's went for $4.6...

Oh, Snyder is quite happy. I wonder what the taxes are going to look like for him on a $5 billon profit though...

Like 15% capital gains, but he’ll probably lower the total taxed dollars by buying another business or something

Crazy that Twitter sold for $44 billion and an entire nfl franchise with stadium etc sells for 6

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back