PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Myles Bryant signs with Texans

When he sucked, we couldn't get rid of him.

So naturally once he finally plays decently, we say so long.

Watch Myles Bryant put together a decent rest of his career like Elandon Roberts has.

Watch Myles Bryant put together a decent rest of his career like Elandon Roberts has.
Yup, while we depend on Wade, Bolden and Marco Wilson.

Really funny how the anti Bill crowd really hates Bryant. He seemed ok to me, someone who could be upgraded but not the problem. Of course no one on defense was the problem last year, it was the qb and oline. IT will be really fun watching the same 5 or 6 posters this year and how difficult it will be for them to continue to ***** about how Bill is destroying the team when the team struggles. Hopefully they keep enlightening us with their amazing insite into the season.

I like Bill and am happy Bryant has moved on. He tackled well, and played zone OK, but he was a liability in man against any fast receiver. The other teams, especially the teams in the AFC East, were well aware of his shortcoming. Bill liked Bryant because Bryant did his job. But he is slow. Bryant's 40 at the combine was over 4.6 so he dropped to a UDFA. Smart guy and I wish him all the best, but I do not think system guys are better than athletic guys. I like the better athletes. Wilson could easily replace Bryant, but he will have attitude issues like he always does. Austin is the guy to watch. Austin is 6'1" while Bryant was 5'8". Austin is not a lot faster, but still faster and more athletic. Austin is a smart football guy like Bryant. I think Austin replaces Brayant and improves the team in man coverage.

Bye Myles "Away From The Play" Bryant. It's been real but it hasn't been real fun.

Last edited:
Caserio is doing a great job with Houston.

That’s a pretty clear indication that there was basically no attempt to keep him. Looks like the slot job is being handed to Marcus Jones unless they’re signing a veteran starter to move Jonathan back inside.

That’s a pretty clear indication that there was basically no attempt to keep him. Looks like the slot job is being handed to Marcus Jones unless they’re signing a veteran starter to move Jonathan back inside.

Last year they didn't let him test the market and opted to tender him at 2.5M.

This year, after a season in which he allegedly improved his stock, his market wound up being 1y 1.75M.

No hindsight about it, it was infuriating the moment they tendered him and refused to see what his real market was. Turns out his market was nothing.

So, we need a better fifth CB to replace them.

We have Gonzo, Jones, Jones and Austin. plus those three competing for #5. And, now that he's gone, perhaps you prefer Bryant to Wade, Bolden and Wilson.

A #5?

We need - and have needed since Jackoff Should’ve Been Tariq Woolen Jones was foolishly ****-canned - a #1/2 CB opposite Gonzo, and the Jones Brothers ain’t it.

Austin’s already our #5, so we don’t need another of him either.

A #5?

We need - and have needed since Jackoff Should’ve Been Tariq Woolen Jones was foolishly ****-canned - a #1/2 CB opposite Gonzo, and the Jones Brothers ain’t it.

I'm fine with bringing in a corner to play opposite Gonzo. Right now, that player is probably Austin.

A #5?

Jones brothers will lock down CB2 and 3 so get used to it.

Last year they didn't let him test the market and opted to tender him at 2.5M.

This year, after a season in which he allegedly improved his stock, his market wound up being 1y 1.75M.

No hindsight about it, it was infuriating the moment they tendered him and refused to see what his real market was. Turns out his market was nothing.
Complaining about 750k is too on brand for Patsfans these days. We all are losing it.

Complaining about 750k is too on brand for Patsfans these days. We all are losing it.
My complaint is more about having a #5 CB count 2.5M on the cap when that role is usually filled with low-end rookie contracts (which count about 1M or so against the cap).

How do those dollars come into play? Take for example Jakobi Meyers. They didn't want to tack an extra 1M for a good player, but they coughed up an extra 1.5M for a bad one.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back