PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Nick Caserio’s resume as Texans GM

Yes and No.

I mean he was handed a ransom from the Browns for Watson...and turned that into Will Anderson basically...and still has some ammo left over. Stroud was also an easy decision after Young went off the board.

But yeah, nice job on the rest though....the coaching pick and the other key players.
"Handed" a ransom? He had nothing to do with the negotiations or the strategy how to manage the situation?

"Handed" a ransom? He had nothing to do with the negotiations or the strategy how to manage the situation?
He Jedi mind tricked the Browns? IMO, the tipping point was Watson's agent who pushed for talks with the Falcons....

He Jedi mind tricked the Browns? IMO, the tipping point was Watson's agent who pushed for talks with the Falcons....
Thats fine. Imo Caserio was obligated to do nothing until it became interesting enough to do something

OK, then roll into Baltimore and beat them.

Outside the comforts of the Dome.
Lamar Jackson as his ****ty playoff record say hi
Ridiculous

Corky Mac and Kyler Murray were fitted gold jackets in year 1 too.
How many playoff games have Jones and Murray won?
Caserio drafted the same QB Davis Mills that BB wanted instead of Corky.
So? Look who has has now who is playing next weekend.

Your anti-Caserio argument is weak

fans just don't want to admit that maybe just maybe Bill was actually over-ruling his personnel people and its why they are successful away from Bill while we have a bottom roster (at least offensively)

his greatness was held back by BB in the draft room
You may be right. There’s no scout who would have pushed for Jordan Richards taken where he was in 2015. That’s probably because BB wad enamored with the Boy Scout/class president. Marginal level of athleticism but taken in the second round. Just madness.

I realized it myself watching the 2014 Rose Bowl. And I’m not a paid scout.

I mean he was handed a ransom from the Browns for Watson..
It could be argued Caserio patiently & effectively elevated the return on what turned into a massive haul of draft picks.

Unlike his former boss who said "call up San Fran and lets do Lynch and Shanahan a solid. Ask for a #2 for my Jimmy and lets get this over with, give Kraft & Brady what they want.......and make sure we get Hoyer, he's a pleasure to coach"

Then this will be an easy win for a phenom like Stroud.
Like Stroud, they were supposed to be the next great NFL QBs.

All it takes is a few good games and any flavor of the month player can do it.

Nope, everyone is looking to crown the next King.

Caserio is lucky that he was the GM of the team that drafted Watson and that the Browns had his phone number.

Yeah, BB likes Davis Mills so fire him as GM.

Caserio likes Davis Mills and drafts him. Best GM in the NFL.
I think the angle on Mills here is BB wanted to draft a legit first round talent and then grab Mills in the 3rd round, instead of wasting the 1st rounder.

fans just don't want to admit that maybe just maybe Bill was actually over-ruling his personnel people and its why they are successful away from Bill while we have a bottom roster (at least offensively)
NFL drafts are a crapshoot. For every Barmore and Duggar there is Harry and SloJuan.

Either way, Bill was in charge of way too many misses.

Then this will be an easy win for a phenom like Stroud.

Like Stroud, they were supposed to be the next great NFL QBs.

All it takes is a few good games and any flavor of the month player can do it.
..and a playoff win.
Nope, everyone is looking to crown the next King.

Caserio is lucky that he was the GM of the team that drafted Watson and that the Browns had his phone number.
No. Everyone is looking to give him credit because hes earned it.

What is Bill's record when he has top picks? It's pretty good. I used to say it's 5 out of 6 with Mac Jones being the only miss, but now I say it's 5 out of 5 since Mac was someone else's idea.

Caserio has done really well with top 5 picks in Anderson, Stroud and Stingley. But... when you look at #15 where Mac was picked, Kenyon Green hasn't lived up to expectations. It's harder to pick guys down the line.

I do love the board's resident homers and their immediate rush into spin control mode. What Caserio did or didn't do here has no bearing on what he's doing in Houston as the undisputed top guy. He got a king's ransom for a guy who was not going to play for them again (and also a complete weirdo). He also looks to have nailed the coaching hire and quarterback in addition to finding some good players in the draft outside of the quarterback.

I know the homers will yell about having high picks but Tank Dell, Pitre, Nico Collins, and Christian Harris were all mid round guys and have contributed heavily to this year's playoff team.

Also got give props to Caserio for hiring Slowik as OC despite only a limited coaching resume on the offensive side of the ball.
Yes, Slowik was close to HC Ryans back in San Fran....but still....ballsy move to trust such a neophyte with the new franchise QB.

Slowik's offensive game plan vs the vaunted Cleveland defense was a masterclass exercise in misdirection.

The Shanahan tree grows stronger

The Belichick tree was just de-stumped

I do love the board's resident homers and their immediate rush into spin control mode. What Caserio did or didn't do here has no bearing on what he's doing in Houston as the undisputed top guy. He got a king's ransom for a guy who was not going to play for them again (and also a complete weirdo). He also looks to have nailed the coaching hire and quarterback in addition to finding some good players in the draft outside of the quarterback.

I know the homers will yell about having high picks but Tank Dell, Pitre, Nico Collins, and Christian Harris were all mid round guys and have contributed heavily to this year's playoff team.
Yep. Anyone who is having success without BB is because of luck. Good grief.

Last edited:

That's what had me wishing they'd at least interview Slowik. Phenom or not, Stroud is a rookie. And the results on the field make you forget that this rookie is working with weapons that are all mid-low-round picks. Having a coaching opening and not even trying to interview a guy like Slowik is mind-boggling.

What is Bill's record when he has top picks? It's pretty good. I used to say it's 5 out of 6 with Mac Jones being the only miss, but now I say it's 5 out of 5 since Mac was someone else's idea.

Caserio has done really well with top 5 picks in Anderson, Stroud and Stingley. But... when you look at #15 where Mac was picked, Kenyon Green hasn't lived up to expectations. It's harder to pick guys down the line.

this myth that you can only build a team with high picks needs to die. you act like there are no good players outside of the top 5.

Our 2nd dynasty was generally built with lower picks. gronk, mccourty, hightower, collins, hernandez, jones, joe thuney etc. I can go on and on. and plenty of teams find good players without high picks. we just whiffed the last few years....

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back