PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jets are not a deep team at all. They better pray the injury bug stays
away.
As for Sanchez, I can't wait until BB gets to confuse the little fella.
BTW, there was more than one pass that should have been picked.
At times he was very inaccurate.
Also don't forget this was Texans D. :eek:

The JETs D looked good but if Texans had a decent set of screen plays that
worked that D would have been toast.

Folks don't get too high on the JETs, don't forget .... they are the Jets.

You know I hate the Jets, but I am finding it difficult to dislike Sanchez. I watched the second half of the Jets game and Sanchez looked pretty good. He also plays with enthusiasm. I know he is still a rookie and will have his ups and downs thid year, but I think the Jets will have apretty decent QB for some time. I watched him play at USC and I was not happy to see the Jets draft him.

He sexually harassed a girl in college. Hes a jackass.

Just to elaborate, here is the new face of the Jets:

In April 2006, Sanchez was arrested after a female USC student accused him of sexual assault.[11][12] He was released from jail the following day, after posting $200,000 bail, but USC placed him on interim suspension that suspended him from the football team yet permitted him to take his semester finals, albeit separate from the general student body and under the supervision of campus security.[13] On June 3, 2006, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office announced no charges would be filed against Sanchez due to a "lack of sufficient evidence beyond a reasonable doubt", noting the case was "essentially a 'one-on-one' allegation."[14][15] The District Attorney's office released the charge evaluation worksheet that said the alleged victim in the case said she consented to kissing and petting on Sanchez's bed, and that she repeatedly refused Sanchez's advances to have intercourse with her but continued the other activities with him when he complied; the woman later spent time with other students without mentioning an incident and later told her mother who reportedly called police later in the morning.[11][12] The woman involved left the university.[16] Sanchez was required to take a rape awareness class at USC.[17] USC reinstated Sanchez but he remained subject to team-related discipline for underage drinking and using fake identification on the night he was arrested.[14] Sanchez had been previously detained but not arrested by USC's Department of Public Safety for allegedly breaking a window at a fraternity party.[13]

source = Sanchez' wiki

Last edited:
Re: Sanchez

I think they're going nowhere this year but I think they might sneak in a division championship sometime in the next couple years while we're retooling.

I think they're going nowhere this year but I think they might sneak in a division championship sometime in the next couple years while we're retooling.

I'm pretty sure this is the year we retool. If they don't get it now...

He sexually harassed a girl in college. Hes a jackass.

Well, sexually harrassing a girl in college doesn't make you a bad person, just ask Peyton Manning.

Well, sexually harrassing a girl in college doesn't make you a bad person, just ask Peyton Manning.

Just goes to show, if the media/general populous wants to like someone, they will, in spite of everything else.

Just goes to show, if the media/general populous wants to like someone, they will, in spite of everything else.

======================================================

Just goes to show if some one wants to hate they will in spite of everything else.

So Sanchez got drunk and tried to get laid the girl said no and and he didn't force the issue, am I missing something?

I hated Sanchez the instant the Jets drafted him, but after reading that wikipedia excerpt, saying he sexually assaulted somebody is quite an exaggeration of the truth.

Just goes to show if some one wants to hate they will in spite of everything else.

So Sanchez got drunk and tried to get laid the girl said no and and he didn't force the issue, am I missing something?

But he did force the issue enough that she ultimately filed a complaint and left the university. I'm not sure why anything you've written there is OK behavior.

I hated Sanchez the instant the Jets drafted him, but after reading that wikipedia excerpt, saying he sexually assaulted somebody is quite an exaggeration of the truth.

Again, its still sexual harassment. You can't try and force a woman to have sex with you, even if you ultimately give up. It's pretty absurd that people here are defending the guy.

Last edited:
But he did force the issue enough that she ultimately filed a complaint and left the university. I'm not sure why anything you've written there is OK behavior.

It was actually her mother who filed the complaint, after she refused his advances they carried on other activities. The charge was dropped. He asked her, she said no, he then did not persist and try to rape her. He left it. As far as im concerned he did nothing illegal.

You could be .... but a trip to the adult video store could at least satisfy your desires temporarily.

It was actually her mother who filed the complaint, after she refused his advances they carried on other activities. The charge was dropped. He asked her, she said no, he then did not persist and try to rape her. He left it. As far as im concerned he did nothing illegal.

Illegal? Maybe not. But still sounds like the guy is a sleazebag, no? Generally speaking, people who end up in Rape awareness class are not model citizens. Maybe to Jets fans, not raping someone when you started going down that is a sign of character. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I was really impressed watching Sanchez. He has a maniacal look in his eyes... I can't tell if he's a passionate player who will win at all costs, or a sensitive Cali boy who will ultimately melt down.

Some thoughts on that game:

Houston is flat out terrible, but that type of game may ultimately be good for them. All offseason people have talked about how good their offense should be and that they are the dark horse to make the playoffs. I was shocked at how unprepared they looked in game 1. It's almost as though they thought the Jets weren't going to blitz with Rex Ryan.

The Jets are a big-time wide receiver away from being a contender. I think they did the right thing in passing on Brandon Marshall, especially since the Broncos wanted David Harris in return. I'm not ready to annoint the Jets yet, but last season they were above average with a 38-year old/ pro bowl/overrated/horrible/despicable/injured/choking/drama queen quarterback at the helm.

Illegal? Maybe not. But still sounds like the guy is a sleazebag, no? Generally speaking, people who end up in Rape awareness class are not model citizens. Maybe to Jets fans, not raping someone when you started going down that is a sign of character. :rolleyes:

This post was meant in a serious tone but it is also a good jab at the Jets, ROFL. :)

The NY media and the Jets fans will have the team headed to the superbowl again. I love how carried away the Jets fans get. Very amusing

Not exactly. I am hoping for a wildcard berth. Hoping. I think we can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye