PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sanchez

It's way too early on Sanchez, I liked him in college, though, and think he could be pretty good - of course getting 30 yard TDs with no-one within 10 yards helps.

I was irritated on draft day when Mangina gave Sanchez to the Jets cheap; for the low price the Browns got, they should have drafted Sanchez then traded Quinn and Anderson for what they could get and they would have come out better IMO.

You know I hate the Jets, but I am finding it difficult to dislike Sanchez. I watched the second half of the Jets game and Sanchez looked pretty good. He also plays with enthusiasm. I know he is still a rookie and will have his ups and downs thid year, but I think the Jets will have apretty decent QB for some time. I watched him play at USC and I was not happy to see the Jets draft him.

Apparently you didn't watch the first half. He did not impress me at all.... Texans let him off the hook by refusing to blitz.

Pastriots vs. Jets will be interesting this year.

Looks like we won't have teh Jetsies to kick around anymore! Jets are tough...maybe BB will regret not drafting Harris. May come back to bite him!

I believe that was sarcasm on his part.

yep...some folks are just a little slow on the uptake on Monday morning...let him get his coffee...

On the plays I saw it looked like nobody was actually covering the Jets WRs.

repeating what i posted in a couple of other threads.

i watched the game end to end. here's my take on Sanchez

1) he showed that he is a bona fide NFL starter--it's way too early to say whether he will end up being regarded as "OK," "Good" or "Great".

2) i give him biggest points for his poise throughout the game and for his throw to Keller in the Fourth Quarter; that was a big time play under pressure. that said, was it a play that Chad might have made? I'd answer yes (not the Chad who played yesterday but the Chad who shows up around 30% of the time, which is another subject).

3) As one of the NYDaily News wags observed this morning, he threw two additional INT's that were dropped or muffed.

4) As was also observed in the New York papers this morning, his one TD pass was on a blown coverage by a rookie; any QB on any roster in the NFL would have made that play or been in the dog house this morning.

5) He was never really threatened by a real pass rush.

Apparently you didn't watch the first half. He did not impress me at all.... Texans let him off the hook by refusing to blitz.

i wouldn't go as far as saying he didn't impress at all, but i was amazed that Houston didn't blitz him; seems like SOP when facing a rookie in his first game. i though there was horrific game planning by the Texans throughout.

"The message to the rest of the league is, hey, the Jets are coming, and we're going to give you everything we've got, and that's going to be, I think, more than you can handle,":singing:

yes, i imagine that the Colts, Patriots, Ravens and Steelers are quaking in their boots this morning.

HINT: when you haven't been to a SB in 40 years and when your team has imploded season after season in the final weeks of the year, it's not that great an idea to talk trash to fans of a team that's been to four of the last eight Super Bowls right after the first game of the season. We'll probably just get a laugh out of it.

Last edited:
You know I hate the Jets, but I am finding it difficult to dislike Sanchez. I watched the second half of the Jets game and Sanchez looked pretty good. He also plays with enthusiasm. I know he is still a rookie and will have his ups and downs thid year, but I think the Jets will have apretty decent QB for some time. I watched him play at USC and I was not happy to see the Jets draft him.

As long a he plays for the NY Jerks I will dislike him.

Although he did look good, but lets see how he does against the Pats next week and not a bad Texans team.

Looks like we won't have teh Jetsies to kick around anymore! Jets are tough...maybe BB will regret not drafting Harris. May come back to bite him!

Nahh. The "Past"riots as you referred to you are still head and shoulders above the NY Jerks along with their legions of idiot fans.

Nahh. The "Past"riots as you referred to you are still head and shoulders above the NY Jerks along with their legions of idiot fans.

I sometimes pronounce patriots as Pastry-ots, not Past-riots. :disagreement:

I still think the Jests will give us a good game this year.

where the heck is Gunnails this morning? we need someone intelligent to debate with us and present the Jets' perspective.

"Pastriots?" give thou me a break! and, the NY media will eventually do a good enough job of kicking the "Jetsies" around...

There is definitely talent on the roster. They have a new coach and a promising new QB. The Jetd could people this year. If you were a betting man, the Jets might be a good team to take the "over" on # of wins, along with the 49ers.

where the heck is Gunnails this morning? we need someone intelligent to debate with us and present the Jets' perspective.

"Pastriots?" give thou me a break! and, the NY media will eventually do a good enough job of kicking the "Jetsies" around...

I don't know enough to givest "thou" a decent debate about the jesters:singing:

BB says they are always tough games and I believe they will be! Go Pat-sies! I remember I'd go to Shaeffer and say "Go-Patsies" and people would look at me like I was crazio.

I don't know enough to givest "thou" a decent debate about the jesters:singing:

BB says they are always tough games and I believe they will be! Go Pat-sies! I remember I'd go to Shaeffer and say "Go-Patsies" and people would look at me like I was crazio.

whatever...

It was one game. In 2003, the Bills fans were already booking their tickets to the Super Bowl after beating the Pats 31-0 only to get a whopping 5 more wins for the rest of the season while the Pats went 14-2 and won the Super Bowl. Last year the Bills started out strong again only to collapse.

Just because you look good opening weekend doesn't neccessarily mean that you will have continued success. The Jets could have caught the Texans unprepared for the schemes they ran or the Texans could end up being a bad team. You don't really know how a team is going to do until about 6-8 weeks into the season. A single game can be a fluke.

I do think it is funny that every year seems to be the Jets' year to overtake the Patriots in Jets fans eyes eventhough they haven't had a better record than the Pats since 2000 and haven't finished higher than them in the standings since 2002 (where they won the division over the Pats on the third tiebreaker).

I think the Jets need to prove themselves more than one game before they can be annoited to be running with the big boys.

If any of you want to be reminded how fortunate we are to have been supporting this Patriots team this decade, click on the link below and read the recriminations this morning in The Houston Chronicle over the Texans' performance yesterday. Brutal stuff...and it's only week One...i thought the line "any franchise can have a bad decade" kind of captured the sentiment.

Thank you, Bob Kraft. Thank you, Bill Belichick. Thank you, Tommy, Brewski, Adam, Rodney, Richard (yes), Randy, Ty, Willie, Deion and a few dozen other guys!

Houston sports news and scores | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Last edited:
If the Jets play the way they did yesterday, then Sanchez doesn't have to be great.

Pitching a shutout (The Texans scored a defensive TD) against a good offensive team was real impressive.

Harris, Scott and Jenkins are monsters. Revis might be they best corner in football. He totally shut down Andre Johnson. To think they did this without Pace, and their best pass rusher Ellis. They are only going to get better.

Its hard for me to say this, because I hate the Jets with a passion, but this Jet team looks really good and will probably give us a good battle for the division this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down