PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kayshon Boutte

In other news my Binky Tank Dell had 6 for 114 on Sunday a Rookie. GET A REAL GM KRAFTS!

Man - 5'8.3" 165lbs at the combine - good for him. Surprised he's still in one piece. He would've been a permanent IR guy if he were on the Pats.

Man - 5'8.3" 165lbs at the combine - good for him. Surprised he's still in one piece. He would've been a permanent IR guy if he were on the Pats.
Sorry Jim never agreed with that take even before the Draft Tank Dell is Tougher and Better than Boney Bust.

BEFORE HIS INJURY.

3 whole years have passed. He was a freshman. Come on!
And this is where you'd be wrong.

20/21 season, three years ago...Boutte as a freshman started 5 games, played in 10, had 73.5yards/game (735 yards), 4.5catches/gm. Super promising, getting into the starting lineup as a freshman and lighting it up. He was thought of as the next great LSU receiver, of which there have been MANY in recent years (Beckham, Jefferson, Chase). They're like the old Penn St. for LBs.

Boutte played in 6 games his sophomore year (21/22), 2 years ago, and was doing BETTER, averaging 84.8yds/game, with 6.3catches/game. They were talking about him as a Biletnikoff Award (top WR) candidate - as a SOPHOMORE. He hurt his ankle, and when he came back the following year, ran into trouble with his coaches. Still played okay, but wasn't the same. Decided to go to the NFL and admittedly didn't prepare right for the Combine.

He plays a lot faster than his 40 time. You saw that on the one slant in preseason, where he caught the ball in full stride and made every correct adjustment at full speed to just leave the defenders behind. There isn't another WR on the Pats who can do that. TT has the speed, but his movement as he catches it has never shown that awareness and adjustment.

Now we have the typical BB system breakdown - as in, breakdown the rookie, humble the rookie, strip him down to clay to mold. It's a Navy mentality, and in this case, Boutte won't cut it. It won't work with him, just as it's been failing the Pats for years now. You get 4 years with a rookie. That's it. You need to know exactly what you have by the end of year three if you hope to re-sign him. How good is Uche, really? Who knows?

The Pats don't do that type of development. The Chiefs do that. The Bills do that. Drafted Kincaid - THROW him the ball, over and over again. He makes a mistake? Go right back to him.

People talk about BB's drafting, but I contend the worse part is the development, because he's still acting as if the team controls all destiny and as if the college kids will put up with his closed fist.

So here we have a kid who TWO years ago, not three, was on pace for possibly winning the award as the best college WR, in the SEC, and at the school best known in recent years for producing very top-end NFL WRs...

He didn't drag his foot. Punish him, bench him.

He complains, so leave him to waste on the inactive list. That'll teach him! Because, after all, this team is flush with true top-end NFL WR talent, right?

It's stupid, it's counterproductive, it's outdated, it's not fair to the kids coming in who have everything to gain or lose in the NFL, and it's not fair to Pat fans who have to sit through this offensive anemia game after game. Put the effing kids in there, throw them the damned ball, and see what you've got and what you need to get.

Maybe he flames out, or maybe (because the raw talent is there) he becomes the next in the line of Beckham, Jefferson, Chase...

20/21 season, three years ago...Boutte as a freshman started 5 games, played in 10, had 73.5yards/game (735 yards), 4.5catches/gm. Super promising, getting into the starting lineup as a freshman and lighting it up. He was thought of as the next great LSU receiver, of which there have been MANY in recent years (Beckham, Jefferson, Chase). They're like the old Penn St. for LBs.

Boutte played in 6 games his sophomore year (21/22), 2 years ago, and was doing BETTER, averaging 84.8yds/game, with 6.3catches/game. They were talking about him as a Biletnikoff Award (top WR) candidate - as a SOPHOMORE. He hurt his ankle, and when he came back the following year, ran into trouble with his coaches. Still played okay, but wasn't the same. Decided to go to the NFL and admittedly didn't prepare right for the Combine.

He plays a lot faster than his 40 time. You saw that on the one slant in preseason, where he caught the ball in full stride and made every correct adjustment at full speed to just leave the defenders behind. There isn't another WR on the Pats who can do that. TT has the speed, but his movement as he catches it has never shown that awareness and adjustment.

Now we have the typical BB system breakdown - as in, breakdown the rookie, humble the rookie, strip him down to clay to mold. It's a Navy mentality, and in this case, Boutte won't cut it. It won't work with him, just as it's been failing the Pats for years now. You get 4 years with a rookie. That's it. You need to know exactly what you have by the end of year three if you hope to re-sign him. How good is Uche, really? Who knows?

The Pats don't do that type of development. The Chiefs do that. The Bills do that. Drafted Kincaid - THROW him the ball, over and over again. He makes a mistake? Go right back to him.

People talk about BB's drafting, but I contend the worse part is the development, because he's still acting as if the team controls all destiny and as if the college kids will put up with his closed fist.

So here we have a kid who TWO years ago, not three, was on pace for possibly winning the award as the best college WR, in the SEC, and at the school best known in recent years for producing very top-end NFL WRs...

He complains, so leave him to waste on the inactive list. That'll teach him! Because, after all, this team is flush with true top-end NFL WR talent, right?

It's stupid, it's counterproductive, it's outdated, it's not fair to the kids coming in who have everything to gain or lose in the NFL, and it's not fair to Pat fans who have to sit through this offensive anemia game after game. Put the effing kids in there, throw them the damned ball, and see what you've got and what you need to get.

Maybe he flames out, or maybe (because the raw talent is there) he becomes the next in the line of Beckham, Jefferson, Chase...
I'll add a lot of Teams are playing their 2024 Rookie WR's and are having decent results. We are going to let one of ours rot on the bench to teach him a BB the current game has passed me by lesson. :rolleyes: This is why I hate both BOB and Troy Bown Typical lemming yesss men.:mad:

Lazar does a breakdown on Thornton's footwork that shows too much "footfire" as we call it. I can't find that comment, but this is the video he was referring to for his inability to get open.

Boutte is behind this guy. Lets say you're right, and Boutte is better than Thornton, who also is essentially a rookie. Wouldn't Troy Brown and BoB have some input on game planning and getting him in?

Sorry, I am not buying the mean old Bill benching the rookie storyline. While I would like to see what the kid can do as well, how bad can he be if he can't get on the field for a 2-7 team with these WRs?

I just don't buy that line of thinking. I think Bill plays favorites. I don't think it is about being mean but he just has this antiquated view of player punishment even for something as innocuous as Boutte mentioning that "his number was called". All signs pointed to Boutte suiting up this week with the injuries at receiver, Bill's comments about it being his best week of practice, and Thornton being dinged up Friday then it didn't happen. I am not saying Boutte is Randy Moss 2.0 being held down by Bill but we have seen Bill sit good players over bad/average players before so it isn't unreasonable to think that may be the case here. This season is over. We should find out now if Boutte can be a part of 2024 and beyond since we know that Juju and Parker have no future here.

I think you have a very limited idea as to what really happens and are making a lot of assumptions as to why different players are not seeing the playing field. It is definitely a "possible take", but every one of us on this board could do a similar thing and make up reasons why players don't see the playing field and most likely we would all be wrong. BB has way more experience evaluating players than anyone on this board and I imagine it is not as simple as you think it is. But I'm probably talking out of my azz too. The fans can be upset and call for BB to be fired, but the only evaluation of BB that matters is what Mr. Kraft says and until he decides to move on from BB then I will assume that his reasons for not playing certain players is consistent with the way ownership is comfortable with.

I think you have a very limited idea as to what really happens and are making a lot of assumptions as to why different players are not seeing the playing field. It is definitely a "possible take", but every one of us on this board could do a similar thing and make up reasons why players don't see the playing field and most likely we would all be wrong. BB has way more experience evaluating players than anyone on this board and I imagine it is not as simple as you think it is. But I'm probably talking out of my azz too. The fans can be upset and call for BB to be fired, but the only evaluation of BB that matters is what Mr. Kraft says and until he decides to move on from BB then I will assume that his reasons for not playing certain players is consistent with the way ownership is comfortable with.
There is no Doubt BB can rest on HCing Laurels for the rest of his life but we and even You will remember the Post Brady years which haven't been good.

The old "Bill knows more than us" defense. Except tons of people wanted Deebo or AJ Brown and we got Harry. Tons of people knew the Matt Patricia experiment would fail. Tons of people didn't want to let Brady walk. Tons of people thought Demario Douglas should play over Juju or Parker right off the bat. Tons of people thought Vederian Lowe shouldn't be on the field and it still took a month to get him off.

The fans are calling for this stuff long before Bill seems to see it lately so why are we supposed to keep up with the "In Bill We Trust" nonsense?

The old "Bill knows more than us" defense. Except tons of people wanted Deebo or AJ Brown and we got Harry. Tons of people knew the Matt Patricia experiment would fail. Tons of people didn't want to let Brady walk. Tons of people thought Demario Douglas should play over Juju or Parker right off the bat. Tons of people thought Vederian Lowe shouldn't be on the field and it still took a month to get him off.

The fans are calling for this stuff long before Bill seems to see it lately so why are we supposed to keep up with the "In Bill We Trust" nonsense?
It's called BB ball washing.
Love This Body Wash GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

You’d have a better argument if they weren’t at the bottom of the AFC, weren’t playing undisciplined, terrible football, and could score 20 points in a game.

I’m one of the biggest homers here and defend BB all the time, but in this particular area, he’s failing, repeatedly.

Because he has speed. He's new. We want to see what the kid's got. Right now the Pats are extremely thin at WR in terms of bodies and talent. Why not give the kid a shot? Playing him isn't going to hurt the Pats' playoff chances.
1) Boutte will be given his shot. He definitely will back next year. I expect that he will be given chances after the bye.

2) There are decisions to be made. Who is dumped? Who comes to camp next year? For example, should Reagor be extended?

3) Should Thornton be dumped for a 6th or whatever we can get?

4) Juju will cost a lot to dump? Is he worth keeping as 4th WR?

5) Parker will cost less to dump? Is he worth bringing to camp?
============
BOTTOM LINE
The time for Boutte is in 2024, although I agree that he should get some reps this year.

I hope Boutte is great. You're over here pinning this on a preseason performance. It is VERY hard to believe.

We have everything we need to know on Uche. What's the mystery?

Why do you think this is the 3rd set of coaches now who've had a problem with Boutte?

You’d have a better argument if they weren’t at the bottom of the AFC, weren’t playing undisciplined, terrible football, and could score 20 points in a game.

I’m one of the biggest homers here and defend BB all the time, but in this particular area, he’s failing, repeatedly.
My main argument is that we as fans don't know siht about football compared to the worst coach in the NFL, never mind the guy that has won 6 SB Championships. I'm not saying there is nothing to complain about, but I will say that the excessive whining going on in this forum is nauseating and shows how spoiled this fan base has become.

Couldn’t afford to have Boutte take away snaps from Thornton….
That's actually a reasonable take on the situation.

The team is evaluating Thornton and Reagor.

Boutte will get his turn at being evaluated.

I hope Boutte is great. You're over here pinning this on a preseason performance. It is VERY hard to believe.

We have everything we need to know on Uche. What's the mystery?

Why do you think this is the 3rd set of coaches now who've had a problem with Boutte?
Sure, ignore his college results so you can simplify my side of the argument to ridiculousness. The kid was considered among the TOP college WRs in the league a year and a half ago, playing in the SEC and for THE school producing many of the best WRs. Were they all wrong then?

He went off the rails - might not get back on them. I'm not pinning anything on anything, I'm saying that if you don't let rookies play and develop, guess what happens? They don't develop.

Sure, ignore his college results so you can simplify my side of the argument to ridiculousness. The kid was considered among the TOP college WRs in the league a year and a half ago, playing in the SEC and for THE school producing many of the best WRs. Were they all wrong then?

He went off the rails - might not get back on them. I'm not pinning anything on anything, I'm saying that if you don't let rookies play and develop, guess what happens? They don't develop.
The college results post injury arent good, neither was his attitude in college. Again I hope the kid becomes great, but that doesn't mean anything. He went late in the 6th for a reason

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back