PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mills responds to Billy O video.

holyredeemer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Patriots Vet Responds To Leaked Video Allegedly Showing Bill O'Brien Chew Out Rookie Wide Receiver

I couldn’t find a thread about this. Sorry if already posted. My Son was talking to me about it yesterday but video had been yanked before I could see it. Anyone manage to catch it before it was taken down? I have a few thoughts on it.

1. I don’t care that a guy is getting ripped by his coach. It happens to the best of them. Not a big deal imo.

2. I find it interesting that reports were circulating not long ago about the staff already giving up on Boutte and now you have this video leaking, which according to the description of the video sounds as if Boutte was running his mouth. Are both things true or were the earlier reports about his attitude simply because this video was circulating within inner circles?

3. Then you’ve got Mills responding to the video. Seems like a very honorable reaction by a teammate but the fact that he spoke up on it publicly makes me wonder if theres some **** going on behind the scenes with the way the locker room is feeling about the staff over the last few years.

Who did Boutte piss off to become such a target this quickly by the media? Its ****ing weird. Overall its not a big deal but the amount of negative stories that have been released about the team over the last few seasons really sucks.

These aggregator accounts are the worst. Any tweet quoting somebody should link to where that the quote is from so people can go read the context for themselves. At the very least, it should name the person that it’s from.

When quotes are attributed to “one Patriots staff writer” with no link, it’s a pretty clear indication that the goal is to incite engagement and overreaction, not to actually spread accurate news.

Patriots Vet Responds To Leaked Video Allegedly Showing Bill O'Brien Chew Out Rookie Wide Receiver

I couldn’t find a thread about this. Sorry if already posted. My Son was talking to me about it yesterday but video had been yanked before I could see it. Anyone manage to catch it before it was taken down? I have a few thoughts on it.

1. I don’t care that a guy is getting ripped by his coach. It happens to the best of them. Not a big deal imo.

2. I find it interesting that reports were circulating not long ago about the staff already giving up on Boutte and now you have this video leaking, which according to the description of the video sounds as if Boutte was running his mouth. Are both things true or were the earlier reports about his attitude simply because this video was circulating within inner circles?

3. Then you’ve got Mills responding to the video. Seems like a very honorable reaction by a teammate but the fact that he spoke up on it publicly makes me wonder if theres some **** going on behind the scenes with the way the locker room is feeling about the staff over the last few years.

Who did Boutte piss off to become such a target this quickly by the media? Its ****ing weird. Overall its not a big deal but the amount of negative stories that have been released about the team over the last few seasons really sucks.
Boutte had his fair share of issues at LSU, notably with Kelly in his first year. Kelly called out his work ethic last season and Boutte spent long periods of entire games on the bench earlier in the season. There’s a reason he’s a world-class talent that fell. So, BOB chewing him out in the dog days of camp wouldn’t exactly be a shocker.

There were not reports that that staff was giving up on Boutte. IIRC the report was he didn’t practice so the writer was giving up on him and as always it got bastardized.

Fans are putting way too much faith in Boutte.

Demario Douglass and Ed Lee have higher potential to contribute.

Boutte had his fair share of issues at LSU, notably with Kelly in his first year. Kelly called out his work ethic last season and Boutte spent long periods of entire games on the bench earlier in the season. There’s a reason he’s a world-class talent that fell. So, BOB chewing him out in the dog days of camp wouldn’t exactly be a shocker.
This and I don't think that Mills was criticizing O'Brien, he was criticizing the media for speculating and pontificating about it to get clicks.

Evan Lazar tweeted in support of Boutte in a tweet that was deleted too.

https://www.si.com/nfl/patriots/new...okie-watch-ljalen-mills-roster-cut-projection

"However, a member of Patriots media, as well as one of Boutte’s teammates, were quick to come to his aid – thus debunking the appearance of impending doom awaiting the Pats rookie during training camp.
Shortly after Lazar set the record straight on his stance, Patriots defensive back Jalen Mills weighed in on the matter, as well."

If Obie didn't mention LSU, I don't know if Mills responds at all to this... Looks like those two won't be exchanging Christmas cards this year.

Lazar's a company man now, so of course he's gonna defend a fellow employee.

Booty must've had a helluva celebration after the Hopkins signing by the Titties was announced.

Dude still sucks though. Wake Forest's AT Perry should've been the pick if they were going WR there.

Thanks for the replies. By the time I got it, it had been deleted from everywhere and all I could find were articles retelling what had happened.

This and I don't think that Mills was criticizing O'Brien, he was criticizing the media for speculating and pontificating about it to get clicks.
Now that makes sense as well. Seemed odd to me that a veteran player that had just resigned would come out like that and comment.

There were not reports that that staff was giving up on Boutte. IIRC the report was he didn’t practice so the writer was giving up on him and as always it got bastardized.
Ah, maybe thats what Im remembering. I could've swore I saw something about the staff giving up on him which seemed odd. Just seems like the kid has had a hit put on him with all the negative **** in such a short time frame.

These aggregator accounts are the worst. Any tweet quoting somebody should link to where that the quote is from so people can go read the context for themselves. At the very least, it should name the person that it’s from.

When quotes are attributed to “one Patriots staff writer” with no link, it’s a pretty clear indication that the goal is to incite engagement and overreaction, not to actually spread accurate news.
Yeah, I couldn't find anything with the actual sources due to everything being deleted.

At the end of the day…that’s us. Us fans are looking for any kind of news in the slow days. IMO Mills should know the game…fans want info and the media will provide.

How would Vince Lombardi prosper in this modern nfl.
I think millionaire players would make it so that he’d never get a chance to imprint his style on a franchise.

Patience isn’t as prevalent. Cheers would’ve been cancelled long before making it big.

Fans are putting way too much faith in Boutte.

Demario Douglass and Ed Lee have higher potential to contribute.

I think Douglas is going to end up on this team.

I recall a clickbait tweet about this with an attached video. Only problem was the video was some other player at some other time - completely not connected with this "story." Lazar then called out the original poster for posting misleading info (which is how I saw the original tweet), and then a whole bunch of related tweets got deleted. So I think the whole story might have been fabricated or at least exaggerated.

(Speaking all from memory here - this was a 30-second dig by me into the underworld after a search by me following a Lazar tweet complaining about this poster, so I can easily be mistaken in any or all of the above).

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back