PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Rex Ryan Dips His Toe into the Mix for Cowboys DC Job

Then next year Jerry hires BB and BB can give Rex the boot.
Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network

Rex is an incompetent, self loathing, piece of ..... He and Jerrah would be awesome.

Many years removed from his last gig. Dallas has no prospect of winning it all. They are just good enough to tease, yet always fall way way short.

Losers.

Rex is another good D guy who the game has passed by.

Rex was a poor head coach but he put out some quality defenses and showed the ability to adapt. We joke about the buttfumble 45-3 beating but that same defense gave us fits when the playoffs came around. Any team with a poor defense should seriously consider him.

Rex is a great coach.

Took the Jets to back to back AFC Championships. Gave Brady all that he could deal with defensively. He should get another shot at being an NFL HC.

I read somewhere that Jerry was just gonna kick the can down the road a year on McCarthy. This certainly gets Rex's foot in the door before anyone else. I would think Rex could pull up the ol' bootstraps and get to work before the other shoe drops.

Thanks, I will be here all week. Try the veal.
joke drums GIF by neomagazinroyale

Rex is a great coach.

Took the Jets to back to back AFC Championships. Gave Brady all that he could deal with defensively. He should get another shot at being an NFL HC.
How do you define "greatness"? Perhaps there is some confusion over his bombastic verbage..
Record with the Jets in 6 years won 46 and lost 50
Record with the Bills in 2 years won 15 and lost 16
His playoff record is 4 wins and 2 losses..

Hardly the stats of a "great coach" at best an average coach with a loud mouth.

Last edited:
How do you define greatness"" Perhaps there is some confusion over his bombasity..
Record with the Jets in 6 years won 46 and lost 50
Record with the Bills in 2 years won 15 and lost 16
His playoff record is 4 wins and 2 losses..

Hardly the stats of a "great coach" at best an average coach with a loud mouth.
It's been a while since I looked, but I'm pretty sure that, at least with the Jets and Bills, he inherited great defenses and they got worse every year he was their head coach. I don't remember Baltimore missing a beat when he left there as DC, either.

People only think Rex was a good coach because he kept saying it.

He's a short term fix. But as others have mentioned, his defenses get worse after his first year mainly because offenses catch on to the gimmicks in the scheme. Lots of Riverdancing at the LOS and blitzing.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back