PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots not receiving serious offers for 3rd pick

How about potential generational talent?
Personally, I'd like to never use that phrase in draft analysis. Generational talent happens once every 10-20 years, I would guess? And no one saw it in Tom Brady when he was drafted. Jerry Rice was drafted in the second half of the first round. Mahomes was drafted 10th. So why don't we just cool the crazy hype just a tiny amount by dropping this one phrase?

Personally, I'd like to never use that phrase in draft analysis. Generational talent happens once every 10-20 years, I would guess? And no one saw it in Tom Brady when he was drafted. Jerry Rice was drafted in the second half of the first round. Mahomes was drafted 10th. So why don't we just cool the crazy hype just a tiny amount by dropping this one phrase?
Talking heads are predisposed to a level of hyperbole. Certainly the draftnik analysts have to do that to make themselves relevant. Can't roll out a "this guy looks like he is pretty good" and expect people to listen. Gotta be the guy who tells you the kid from East Overshoe U is the next generational talent.

It would be fun to take all the crap that guys like Kiper say on draft picks and then revisit it 3 years from now. I wonder how many they actually hit. My guess is it's low, otherwise someone in the league would snap them up.

Alot will depend on who is and is not available at 2. Someone might get smart and take Alt or Harrison at 2.

Personally, I think Trubisky, eh I mean Maye would be a giant mistake.

None of the QBs are good enough to elevate this Pats team. Aside from Williams, a case can be made that none of them are even better than Brissett.

Take Harrison Jr or Alt, let them be a superstar on the team for the next ten years. Don't trade back and get 3 mediocre players when you could have gotten one stud!

If both Alt and Harrison Jr are there at 3, teams will come calling for them.

Alot will depend on who is and is not available at 2. Someone might get smart and take Alt or Harrison at 2.

None of the QBs are good enough to elevate this Pats team. Aside from Williams, a case can be made that none of them are even better than Brissett.

Take Harrison Jr or Alt, let them be a superstar on the team for the next ten years. Don't trade back and get 3 mediocre players when you could have gotten one stud!

Not about elevating this year, it's about finding a QB for the future

The way I look at it - we will end up with Drake Maye or Justin Jefferson.

Plenty of reason to feel good.

They are that team that is desperate for a QB where it's a big risk as they have a high bust rate. It's either Marvin Harrison Jr or QB.

MHJ has hamstring concerns for me. He wont play a whole season. Alt is the best OT in this draft and has been the best OT since he enrolled at Notre Dame. Legit cant miss talent

If anyone is an expert on big asses, it would be Mike Martz.
Sounds right, given the fact that Martz is a huge fan of Sir Mix-a-lot. It shouldn't scare away any teams, all Alt needs is a bit of the Kardashian training program.

Of course not. Any "offer you can't turn down" will come last minute, during the drafting (That is not to say any team contemplating such a thing may not already have decided to give it a go.) I personally think we will be picking in the third position, but weirder things have happened than some team losing their mind and offering the sun, the moon, and maybe a star or two in exchange for a dream (or a delusion).

Or it could be to drive up the offer? Noise is noise, it’s the draft a lot of bs being put out there.
I would agree if the noise was lots of great offers out there. This is opposite.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back