PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Golden State Warriors Sputtering Toward the End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye. The Heat won two championships with him but he wanted Spoelstra fired in 2010 and Riley sat him down in his office and basically told LeBron, "yeah... that's not happening". Spo is a good coach and I'm glad that Riley basically told LeBron to get over it. He is a transcendent talent, but he's a huge diva too.
He was pretty good in Trainwreck. I'm referring to the Amy Schumer movie, not the city of Cleveland.

The way that league works is if you have an all time generational talent you pick him over the coach every time.

The way that league works is if you have an all time generational talent you pick him over the coach every time.

You don't allow that player to determine important front office moves (such as whether or not the coach should be fired) if things are otherwise going well. Pat Riley has forgotten more about running an NBA front office than LeBron James can ever hope to know.

You don't allow that player to determine important front office moves (such as whether or not the coach should be fired) if things are otherwise going well. Pat Riley has forgotten more about running an NBA front office than LeBron James can ever hope to know.
Funny enough, Cleveland is so dysfunctional that they are better off letting LeBron run the show.

Some might find it morbid, but....

Q0GWrhp.jpg

If Sally Jenkins rejects his appeal then it's all on him.

GS are going to be champions again. They didn't lead at all until the last few minutes of the game tonight talk about heart of a champion.

Incredible performance by Curry and Thompson. Confirms how advantageous it would be for Brady to have his suspension rightfully reversed. I want to see the best out there on the field.

Incredible performance by Curry and Thompson. Confirms how advantageous it would be for Brady to have his suspension rightfully reversed. I want to see the best out there on the field.
Klay was literally just making shots without even turning around to get his feet set half of the time. It was unbelievable.

Klay was literally just making shots without even turning around to get his feet set half of the time. It was unbelievable.
I'm neutral on this as I simply want to see great ball. As the fourth quarter evolved, I increasingly found myself yelling at the screen in amazement. Unbelievable performance. Really, there's nothing quite like sport for the best reality TV.

I'm neutral on this as I simply want to see great ball. As the fourth quarter evolved, I increasingly found myself yelling at the screen in amazement. Unbelievable performance. Really, there's nothing quite like sport for the best reality TV.
Little off topic, but an interesting tidbit about how these Warriors relate to the Patriots:

If the Warriors don't win the championship, that means that in all of the three major U.S. sports, each team that holds the record for most regular season wins (Us, Warriors, and 2001 Mariners) Failed to win the championship in said year.

I guess I'm almost hoping they lose so we can empathize with them. :rolleyes:

I still don't know what I just saw out of KD. Westbrook didn't have the best night either, but KD was atrocious. Ibaka only made a few plays that stand out and the bench, sans one or two players, was invisible. GSW will go for the kill now. They are reinvested. They are firing on all cylinders. And they should win the series just like everyone thought going into it. I'm not calling it . . . just saying. Wow, KD was terrible. The officiating early on didn't help, but GSW got some bad calls too so I think it evened out. Anyway, I think we're headed for a Finals rematch, ladies and gents.

The media was so ready to bury the warriors -"bigger choke than ..." blah blah. Like they do when pats lose a couple of games. I wanted OKC to win but I can see how people see the pats now.

Talk about a bust of a season. You can clearly see their flaws if the shots ain't falling. I thought the 96 bulls would destroyed them and now i am even more convince. Curry has really had a tough time. One thing about curry's that he doesn't have that athleticism.

Yeah, that Steph Curry is one lousy athlete.

Larry King is a better point guard.

OKC vs potentially Toronto. The NBA finals no one will watch lol.

I said earlier somewhere that Golden State would crash to earth sooner rather than later and that all they are is a 3 point jump shot team. Which is gimmicky. Once that goes bad, the crash is epic. You can only hit so many 50 footers before that well dries up. They will disappear from relevance soon enough.

This may sound stupid and it probably is. The Cs are in much better shape than GS or even OKC for that matter.

Yes, the Celtics are clearly in better shape than the Warriors. What Warriors fan wouldn't want to trade places?

I am thrilled that the Warriors won the last 2 Games. It's exactly what I was rooting for. I don't have a Dog in this Fight. I just want to see these 2 amazing Teams compete against each other as much as possible, and that's 7 Games. What an incredible, awesome Series this has been!!
smiley_headbanger.gif

OKC vs potentially Toronto. The NBA finals no one will watch lol.

I said earlier somewhere that Golden State would crash to earth sooner rather than later and that all they are is a 3 point jump shot team. Which is gimmicky. Once that goes bad, the crash is epic. You can only hit so many 50 footers before that well dries up. They will disappear from relevance soon enough.

This may sound stupid and it probably is. The Cs are in much better shape than GS or even OKC for that matter.

I am not trying to come down on you too hard but im not sure how you think a team that won a championship then won 73 games.. And might win back to back championship is gimmicky. Clearly you know nothing about basketball. In football terms.. The wildcat was gimmicky... The patriots winning 16 regular season games despite losing in the superbowl... Not gimmicky.

Last edited:
Will Viper be butthurt once the Warriors beat the Thunder, then curb-stomp LeFlop?

I still don't know what I just saw out of KD. Westbrook didn't have the best night either, but KD was atrocious. Ibaka only made a few plays that stand out and the bench, sans one or two players, was invisible. GSW will go for the kill now. They are reinvested. They are firing on all cylinders. And they should win the series just like everyone thought going into it. I'm not calling it . . . just saying. Wow, KD was terrible. The officiating early on didn't help, but GSW got some bad calls too so I think it evened out. Anyway, I think we're headed for a Finals rematch, ladies and gents.

I don't want him on the Celtics anymore. :rolleyes::p

Their balls shrink they come up small in big situations. This series is Golden State's.

Their balls shrink they come up small in big situations. This series is Golden State's.

Never say never but it's not looking good for OKC. I seriously question their intestinal fortitude. Played tight last night and sometimes too loose. Very strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back