PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Golden State Warriors Sputtering Toward the End

Status
Not open for further replies.
OKC vs potentially Toronto. The NBA finals no one will watch lol.

I said earlier somewhere that Golden State would crash to earth sooner rather than later and that all they are is a 3 point jump shot team. Which is gimmicky. Once that goes bad, the crash is epic. You can only hit so many 50 footers before that well dries up. They will disappear from relevance soon enough.

This may sound stupid and it probably is. The Cs are in much better shape than GS or even OKC for that matter.
Respect. GSW is not just a three-point shooting team. Yes, they do a lot of it obviously, but they're not just losing because the 3 is not falling. Give OKC some credit, homie. And I don't know how a team that won the championship last season and then won 73 games this season is "gimmicky." I don't follow that at all. I agree with you that I felt they would lose some steam down the stretch, but I really don't know how you can say they're "gimmicky." But it is what it is, I suppose. I'd be happy for KD to get another crack at 'Bron . . . assuming the Cavs don't find a way to drop a series that they realistically should have swept. I don't know how you drop two to a team with no offense, though Lowry seems to have found his jump shot. All those milk cartons he was passing out must have worked.

Raptors stink on the road

Basketball is the ultimate game of matchups and this is a bad one for them.

They have had a great season and are a great team ... OKC is better right now.

Hopefully OKC can stuff the Cavs in the finals ... screw LeBron that fraud that thinks he's Jordan like.

I think it's definitely worse than 18-1.

There's no way the Pats lose to the Giants in a best of 7 series, let alone get blown out by them twice.
I think it's worse than 18-1 also, but only because they'd be losing in the WCF instead of the Finals proper. That being said 73 wins - like 72 for the Bulls and 69 for the Lakers before that - still doesn't have the same historic cache or aura as the idea of undefeated does in the NFL. Someone would have to win 72+ and then run the table in the playoffs to truly approach it to my mind. The Bulls 72 is durable not just because it was a record or a raw number, but because it was a cornerstone achievement of the 2nd 3-peat led by the greatest NBA player ever in a real-life superhero move after his return from baseball. For that matter GS 73 wins as part of a presumptive repeat is one of the things that made it interesting to follow. They're not the 2000 Mariners, for example. They're proven championship material.

I don't think GS getting blown out twice would be relevant at all if they were somehow able to pull the series out and take the title. It'd be at minimum a footnote and at maximum a point of emphasis about rising above adversity to a historic season (and probably the gravestone for OKC with Durant...because really, they can't blow this). I don't think that's going to happen based on what I've seen, but stranger things have happened...like SB 42. The differences intrinsic to each sports' season and playoff structure make that a bit of an unfair comparison or metric to judge GS by, is my point.

This would be much worse than 18-1. The basketball equivalent of 18-1 would be a Warriors/Raptors Finals going to 7 games and the Warriors lose on a buzzer beater half court heave. What is actually happening is comparable to the Patriots going 17-0 and then losing 30-10 in the AFCCG.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
I have watched OKC play with great intensity at home, and they stole one in GS as well, but I wouldn't count GS out just yet. They still have 2/3 home games left, should it come to that, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them turn it around.

Golden State looks shook to their core. They cannot play their game.

Free Brady shirt spotted

0e942e6da5084f3586b0341be5f04679.png

The only thing better would be to see "KILL GOODELL ON SIGHT"....

GS got great prod from the bench and Green and Bogut showed up.

Two more to go.

GS got great prod from the bench and Green and Bogut showed up.

Two more to go.

I think game six will be the deciding one, as GS has the potential to steal one in OKC. Hard to imagine them dropping all three.

Should that happen, they may have the momentum heading home for game seven.

I think game six will be the deciding one, as GS has the potential to steal one in OKC. Hard to imagine them dropping all three.

Should that happen, they may have the momentum heading home for game seven.

They can do it.

OKC still played hard last night. GS just wanted it a bit more.

I believe OKC closes it out in OK. They played tough last night, but a combination of a harder fight from GSW and some home cooking from the officials, especially early on, made the difference. And Curry had a bit more spring in his legs and looked a little more like himself last night as well. It was an entertaining game. I still somehow feel OKC has what it takes to win the series. They made a believe out of me.

This would be much worse than 18-1. The basketball equivalent of 18-1 would be a Warriors/Raptors Finals going to 7 games and the Warriors lose on a buzzer beater half court heave. What is actually happening is comparable to the Patriots going 17-0 and then losing 30-10 in the AFCCG.

Its also worse because they get more than one chance since you play a 7 game series. In football you have one off game in the playoffs and there goes your season.

I believe OKC closes it out in OK. They played tough last night, but a combination of a harder fight from GSW and some home cooking from the officials, especially early on, made the difference. And Curry had a bit more spring in his legs and looked a little more like himself last night as well. It was an entertaining game. I still somehow feel OKC has what it takes to win the series. They made a believe out of me.
Agreed. The refs also let a lot of contact go. I just don't see Westbrook playing that poorly again. I think OKC closes it out in Game 6. If they don't and Westbrook plays poorly again, this is definitely Golden State's series.

Agreed. The refs also let a lot of contact go. I just don't see Westbrook playing that poorly again. I think OKC closes it out in Game 6. If they don't and Westbrook plays poorly again, this is definitely Golden State's series.
I posted a day or so ago that Westbrook is some famine but mostly feast. Last night was the famine. I fully expect him to be better. KD's jump shot has been inconsistent a bit too. He's had games this series where he lit GSW up. He's had games where it's disappeared for long stretches, and last night was one of them. They both put up big points, but took a lot of shots to get there so they weren't very efficient. Still, they had a chance to win that game. They brought it to one and then just unraveled again. Waiters didn't play well, and he was a big part of both blowouts. Ibaka still irritates me because he's in love with the three ball, more so than his mid range game. And OKC's bench was atrocious. Adams picking up those early fouls hurt the rebounding. This first paragraph reads like a ramble. Sorry, I'm on break and rushing.

But what I expect to see is a better game from both superstars, a better performance from their bench and hopefully more playing time for Adams (I really like his game - very physical and somewhat old school). I don't expect Bogut to play out of his mind again. I really think OKC closes this thing out in game six. If they don't and they allow a game seven, then GSW will take the series.

hanging is too good for that scumbag...I prefer the Mescalero Apache method...drench his face in cactus juice and stake him out face first down on a red fire ant hill...rotten POS

ants.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back