PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Golden State Warriors Sputtering Toward the End

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a game, Klay is a great player in his own right there's no doubt about it. Curry struggled big time 70% of the game offensively but, he hustled big time on the boards and defensively until his shot got going. Respect. Hope they bring home a second straight.

Guess how many turnovers OKC had in the last five minutes of the game...

JkwBhkA.gif

That's right, Joker. Six turnovers. In the final 5 minutes. Can you say choke job? I've seen this OKC team before.

In many respects this series parallels the Celtics - 76ers Eastern conference finals from 1981. The only difference was that 5 of those 7 games were decided by two points or less. The Sixers went up 3 games to 1, and Celtics rallied, winning the next three. In game six, 76ers ( like OKC) went up big early and Boston fought back, winning at the end.... Game seven was a nail biter and in the end Philly was accused of choking....
Best seven game series I ever say ( '84 finals vs LA comes close)
1981 NBA Eastern Conference Finals | Basketball-Reference.com

IIRC 1981 was the last time a team came back from down 3-1 in a conference finals...
If I'm Cleveland, I have to be heartbroken if GS wins... They have shown the heart of a champion after having everything thrown at them all year..

Their balls shrink they come up small in big situations. This series is Golden State's.

I'm really not surprised by the turn of events. I expected the Warriors to win game 5 at home and felt like they would pull out a win in game 6 in Oklahoma if they could keep it close. Westbrook made a big mistake in that presser by mocking Curry. Curry is a great player and truly great players make opponents pay for that kind of crap. As others have pointed out Westbrook and Dutant are the Thunders greatest strengths and greatest weaknesses as they tend to make costly mistakes at costly times. I'm not going to call it over because anything can happen but I really like the Warriors to finish the Thunder off at home. If they do it sets up a great series with the two best players in the league and a tremendous amount at stake for both. Lebron is seriously butthurt that Curry is now being called the best player in the game and Curry and the Warriors have the opportunity to go down as the greatest team of all time, and coming back from almost dead only adds to that. People can say whatever they want but if the Warriors end up winning the title they get the nod as the GOAT.

Note: That doesn't mean they are in a better position than the Celtics, who have the third pick overall, it just means they have won back to back titles, set the record for most wins, and are the GOAT..

OKC was in the driver's seat for most of the night. They did the same thing in game six that they did in game five when they went up by one. They just started inexplicably turning the ball over. I don't get it. They play well enough to win and then start turning the ball over in crunch time. KD is a league MVP and one of the best in the game, no doubt, but he has been a turnover machine in these playoffs. He has pressed and shown a lack of trust at times for anyone not named Westbrook. Westbrook, I've maintained, is feast or famine. And though he's more feast than famine, his famine seems to be happening in the most crucial times in games. The stars need to make the plays when they matter. Curry and Thompson showed that last night. And though I've always liked Thompson, I gained a new respect for him last night. Very Larry Bird-like performance from him and I think, especially if they win this series and possibly Title, it has to go down as one of the best and most crucial in playoff history. If Thompson didn't go off the way he did, then everything else would be moot because OKC would be moving on.

Last edited:
I'm really not surprised by the turn of events. I expected the Warriors to win game 5 at home and felt like they would pull out a win in game 6 in Oklahoma if they could keep it close. Westbrook made a big mistake in that presser by mocking Curry. Curry is a great player and truly great players make opponents pay for that kind of crap. As others have pointed out Westbrook and Dutant are the Thunders greatest strengths and greatest weaknesses as they tend to make costly mistakes at costly times. I'm not going to call it over because anything can happen but I really like the Warriors to finish the Thunder off at home. If they do it sets up a great series with the two best players in the league and a tremendous amount at stake for both. Lebron is seriously butthurt that Curry is now being called the best player in the game and Curry and the Warriors have the opportunity to go down as the greatest team of all time, and coming back from almost dead only adds to that. People can say whatever they want but if the Warriors end up winning the title they get the nod as the GOAT.

Note: That doesn't mean they are in a better position than the Celtics, who have the third pick overall, it just means they have won back to back titles, set the record for most wins, and are the GOAT..
I grew a whole new respect for this Golden State team last night. To take that kind of punch in the mouth and to bring it to Game 7 shows the heart of a champion. Klay Thompson's nuts are as big as grapefruits... and he was teabagging the Thunder with them last night.

Hope golden state completes the comeback. They match up well against the cavs. I wanna see them win it all again.

Hope golden state completes the comeback. They match up well against the cavs. I wanna see them win it all again.

Green needs to forget about his offense and make life miserable for LaBron on the perimeter.

Gotta respect the greatness of the Warriors.

I'm already baffled at the amount of sports fans who can't sit back & simply respect the greatness of the Patriots, so I can't be a hypocrite and be that same petty, irrational hater when it comes to basketball.

OKC was dominating this game but never put the dagger in the heart, once GSW balls start to fall its very difficult to keep up the pace.

Gotta respect the greatness of the Warriors.

I'm already baffled at the amount of sports fans who can't sit back & simply respect the greatness of the Patriots, so I can't be a hypocrite and be that same petty, irrational hater when it comes to basketball.
I'm no hater, but the Warriors DO set a lot of illegal screens.

I'm no hater, but the Warriors DO set a lot of illegal screens.

I'm glad someone else noticed. Celts are bad to FWIW..

Illegal screens are like the NFL's chop block. If they called 'em the game would be 5 hrs long...

I wanna see the celtics trade for okafor

I wanna see the celtics trade for okafor

Why?

He's Al Jefferson 2.0. Certainly a serviceable player, but plays no defense and is nowhere near a piece that moves the Celtics even an inch towards contention.

And unlike Big Al, he's a headcase who gets drunk underage then punches heckling fans in the street while on the road. No thank you.

You package your chips and put them towards someone like Paul George or Jimmy Butler instead.

Why?

He's Al Jefferson 2.0. Certainly a serviceable player, but plays no defense and is nowhere near a piece that moves the Celtics even an inch towards contention.

And unlike Big Al, he's a headcase who gets drunk underage then punches heckling fans in the street while on the road. No thank you.

You package your chips and put them towards someone like Paul George or Jimmy Butler instead.

Is Paul George or Jimmy Butler enough to make them a championship team though? I dont think so..

If its not Durant, im one of the few that wants them to just build through the draft. They're going to be competitive the next few years.

I'm glad someone else noticed. Celts are bad to FWIW..

Illegal screens are like the NFL's chop block. If they called 'em the game would be 5 hrs long...
Nobody has ever taken it to the level Draymond Green has. He blatantly pushes guys. He full out tackled Amir Johnson and stole the ball and gave Warriors one last chance. Guy gets away with everything. He's at prime D whistle with the refs.

Last edited:
Is Paul George or Jimmy Butler enough to make them a championship team though? I dont think so..

If its not Durant, im one of the few that wants them to just build through the draft. They're going to be competitive the next few years.

Yes it absolutely is.

Paul George almost single handledly carried the 7th seeded Pacers to a Game 7 against Toronto.

He is a sure fire star. Pair him with Thomas, and Bradley if you can keep him, along Brad Stevens and you've got something cooking, especially in the Eastern Conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back