PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Commies hire Dan Quinn as HC

So it's only those 3 that is the wild part? The other 5 are deserving hires over Belichick and Vrabel?
Don’t try to imply something I wasn’t. I highlighted those three because Morris has already failed and is very uninspiring, Pierce was called “a leader of men but not the long term solution” by the owner during the season and just like Mayo lacks any coordinator or assistant HC experience.

And no I obviously don’t think Quinn, MacDonald, and the slew of other 1-2 years of success coordinators are more qualified than Vrabel or BB.

BB interviewed with the Commanders but they went with Quinn anyway.

Unfortunately it's looking like it's over for BB.

A lot of conjecture on how many teams will pick Bill as their HC in 2025. I remember reading the same about 2024, yet only 1 of 8 even considered him with no takers.

My money is on Bill having coached his last NFL game at Foxboro on Jan. 7, 2024, in a 17-3 loss to the New York Jets with Trevor Siemian at QB and Robert Saleh as HC.

Sad way to end his career. Bill should've retired in 2019 after his last SB win. His legacy, though intact, took a hit these last 4 years. What once was an open question on who contributed more to the Patriots Dynasty, is now a closed matter: it was Tom.

Is that the same Dianna Russini that assured us that it was all but a done deal that Bill would be the next Falcons HC? Lol

Your logic makes the assumption that Owners and GMs are high functioning but as evidence to the contrary: six or more coaches get fired every year and a majority of teams miss the playoffs. There’s a lot of incompetence in the ranks of NFL ownership and management.

This would happen even if the 32 coaches each did the greatest coaching job in the history of the League.

A lot of conjecture on how many teams will pick Bill as their HC in 2025. I remember reading the same about 2024, yet only 1 of 8 even considered him with no takers.

My money is on Bill having coached his last NFL game at Foxboro on Jan. 7, 2024, in a 17-3 loss to the New York Jets with Trevor Siemian at QB and Robert Saleh as HC.

Sad way to end his career. Bill should've retired in 2019 after his last SB win. His legacy, though intact, took a hit these last 4 years. What once was an open question on who contributed more to the Patriots Dynasty, is now a closed matter: it was Tom.
I don't think that will matter years from now. He will be remembered as the greatest coach in the FA era, and possibly of all time. Now, it's fresh. No one is talking about the Giants game plan vs the Bills, the intentional safety in Denver, the duel with Mike Marz in SB 36, coaching up Butler vs the Seahawks, or pushing every right button until the wheels fell off in 2007. Everyone is talking about how it sucks.

...and as far who contributed more, it's no secret. Players play.

Yep. All HC roles filled, unless Andy Reid pulls a shocker and retires
shocker? He had to be dragged kicking and screaming into coaching this year.

Even McVay was rumored to be considering moving on last year and this, although he is likely to stay.

This would happen even if the 32 coaches each did the greatest coaching job in the history of the League.
Hah yes thanks for pointing that out. I thought I wrote the word “habitually” but it appears I did not.

Bill Belichick? Change?
No Way Kg GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Bill coached LT one way. Bernie Kosar one way. Tom Brady one way. His unbending, unflinching, militaristic ways worked for him, to a great level of success, until it didn't. I don't see him changing to fit the 2024 NFL player, nor the front office structures in place in today's game. He didn't change to keep Tom Brady, he's not about to change for Mac Jones or any other Johnny Foxboro type in some other city. Further, the longer he's out of the game, the harder it will be for him to adapt and the harder it will be to find a job.

Go fishing, Bill. Your watch has ended.
I wonder -- but I doubt it -- if he takes the year off as an opportunity to rethink his approach. Doesn't seem like it though. I think you're right.

BB and Dallas is a bad match.

Big Jerry likes a puppet who he can control. Plus, BB would be stuck with Dak and any other of Jerrys favorites.

Big Jerry likes a puppet who he can control. Plus, BB would be stuck with Dak and any other of Jerrys favorites.
what a terrible team

:)

It is really strange that their owner and GM thinks that hiring Bill to make personnel decisions would have weakened the team.

Bill and any team is a bad match, at least according to those making the decisions for those teams.

The reality is that Bill showed them the evidence of the success of his 4 year rebuild, and failed to convince anyone that he should be their GM/HC. And this year was a year with lots and lots of HC openings.

Wild to think Antonio Pierce, Jerod Mayo, and Raheem Morris are HCs but BB and Vrabel are not. This is the kind of stuff that keeps the NFL interesting and some franchises spinning their tires in the mud of mediocrity.
Kind of like how we have been mediocre the last 4 years?

Vrabel may be deciding to take a year off. I heard a rumor that is what Belichick is doing. The rumor says that Belichick expects the Eagles and Cowboys jobs to be open next year and they are better spots than what is available this year.
I think he may be holding out to see what happens with Ryan Day at Ohio State as well.

The second they hired Adam Peters, they were never going to hire Belichick. They want Peters to recreate what San Fran has. Belichick would not want a GM with that much control and, if McDaniels was coming with him, he would probably want to recreate the McDaniels offense and not the Shanahan one.

They can have him. He’s been a choker on several occasions. I see nothing there that would interest me as an owner. Also, this might be just me, I don’t want the adult ball cap backwards coach…

Bill and any team is a bad match, at least according to those making the decisions for those teams.

The reality is that Bill showed them the evidence of the success of his 4 year rebuild, and failed to convince anyone that he should be their GM/HC. And this year was a year with lots and lots of HC openings.
I will fault BB for not having a QB plan after Brady.

I won't fault BB for Corky Mac.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back