PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Commies hire Dan Quinn as HC

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Will find link later.

Bill has lost his fastball, but man... I still think he's a better candidate than Quinn.

Quinn is an above average DC, but he had one good year as a HC and it was when Shanahan was basically breaking out.

Bill's issue is that these owners don't want to hire a guy who has absolute control. The Commanders owner is very transparent that he will be extremely active in the ongoings and day to day of the team. Bill was never getting that job. Once they went after Peters there was no chance he was getting that job

Will find link later.

Bill has lost his fastball, but man... I still think he's a better candidate than Quinn.
It's not the fastball, it's the drastic change in culture required, combined with he wants to be the boss and it's a rental. What GM is going to hire his own boss for a 2-3 year period?

Last edited:
Quinn is an uninspiring hire I think.
Love the Mcdoanld hire for Sea, that’s who I wanted over Mayo if we weren’t going offensive HC.

Quinn is an uninspiring hire I think.
Love the Mcdoanld hire for Sea, that’s who I wanted over Mayo if we weren’t going offensive HC.
Really feels like Ron Rivera 2.0.

There are worse coaches out there, and they'll likely be competitive. But feels like they'll be stuck into more mediocrity with him.

As in Dan "28-3" Quinn? Lol

Was this the final vacancy?
As of now. I guess their are rumors Reid could retire. But I can't see that veing a viable spot for Bill. That team likes their front office.

Maybe a curve ball on the Bills with McDermott, but I feel like that would have happened by now.

Strange hire to make after moving so slowly. I don’t think he’s that good of a coach and it will be a tall task after the previous front office traded away the defense.

I understand why teams are reluctant to give a job to BB but there are some strange hires this one included.

Does Goodell still have some bad blood towards BB to give teams some sort of "tip"?

In my mind, all this HC hiring season demonstrates is that we were wise in firing him and that owners generally are pretty good judges of HC/GM talent. I thought all along that there would be few interested and likely no takers. The non-Pats-fan component of the NFL universe comes more freshly to the evidence of Bill/s decline. I imagine they were surprised to see just how precipitous the decline really was, especially on the GM side. Next step? I wouldn't be surprised if Bill got a Valentine from Jerreh this year, and special gift next. A fool and his money....

In my mind, all this HC hiring season demonstrates is that we were wise in firing him and that owners generally are pretty good judges of HC/GM talent. I thought all along that there would be few interested and likely no takers. The non-Pats-fan component of the NFL universe comes more freshly to the evidence of Bill/s decline. I imagine they were surprised to see just how precipitous the decline really was, especially on the GM side. Next step? I wouldn't be surprised if Bill got a Valentine from Jerreh this year, and special gift next. A fool and his money....
It was just a bunch of old heads that were more thinking with their emotions, rather than being honest with what they actually have seen on the field the last few seasons.

If BB wants that Shula record badly enough he needs to back off on his demand for control and just take a coaching job. Highly unlikely a team is giving a rental like BB that kind of control.

Last edited:
If BB wants that Shula record badly enough he needs to back off on his demand for control and just take a coaching job. Highly unlikely a tea is giving a rental like BB that kind of control.
And next year being another year older wont help his cause either tough pass.

Wild to think Antonio Pierce, Jerod Mayo, and Raheem Morris are HCs but BB and Vrabel are not. This is the kind of stuff that keeps the NFL interesting and some franchises spinning their tires in the mud of mediocrity.

Strange hire to make after moving so slowly. I don’t think he’s that good of a coach and it will be a tall task after the previous front office traded away the defense.
That's the weirdest part to me. It would've made more sense if they still had all their parts. But they dumped their defense, then hired a defensive head coach who has little to work with, and an uninspiring record as an HC previously... I don't get it.

Your logic makes the assumption that Owners and GMs are high functioning but as evidence to the contrary: six or more coaches get fired every year and a majority of teams miss the playoffs. There’s a lot of incompetence in the ranks of NFL ownership and management.

It was just a bunch of old heads that were more thinking with their emotions, rather than being honest with what they actually have seen on the field the last few seasons.
I agree. Though, as I am myself definitely an "old head," your post makes me a little nervous.

That's the weirdest part to me. It would've made more sense if they still had all their parts. But they dumped their defense, then hired a defensive head coach who has little to work with, and an uninspiring record as an HC previously... I don't get it.
How fun to be a Redskins fan. Imagine hiring a team of independent consultants and advisors to lead your next HC hire and the outcome is… Dan Quinn.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back