PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-Colts fire Polian...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't have have happened to a nicer pair - I am still brooding over Polian's manipulation of the competition committee.

Peyton is as good as gone now and his status may have played a part in Polian being fired... such as owner wanted him gone and Polian wanting him to stay.

OMG, Irsay is as big an idiot as his old man

MY first reaction was holy s*** I never saw that coming.

My second reaction was, it proves that BP was not trying to throw games. If he was it cost him his job.

He will Hire Fisher and put Manning back on the field. Fisher loves Manning.

this was a good move by irsay, this has notting to do with Peyton Manning not comeing back... they have paid a lot of vets record seting money and with out Manning all they can do is win 2 games, polian has had some of the worst Drafts in the NFL the last few year plus if he wants to bring in a big name HC they wont take the job with Polian breathing down there neck

Personal feelings about the guy aside, it's about time. Even before Peyton's injury I kept saying "Hello, media, how can you possibly not notice that Polian has not managed to draft a single impact player in the top 3 rounds since 2004??" Just an AWFUL draft record -- and a franchise with a no-middle-class approach to team building needs strong drafts.

Then to top it all off, he's Bill Polian. <shudder> Adios!

Remember after the 06 AFCCG when Polian said "The Patriots time is over." 5 years later the Pats are the #1 seed and BP is FIRED. How ya like them apples, *****?

curious to see how this turns out.

Will Irsay follow in his fathers footsteps and completely dismantle an older winning team and trade away their leader. Bob Irsay dismantled an aging Colts team and traded away Unitas to the Chargers. It worked for a few years in the mid 70s. He then overruled his coach and GM and blinked, trading away Elway for a sack of footballs.

I thought Elway refused to play for the Colts and threatened to play baseball with the Yankees if they didn't trade him, essentially holding the Colts hostage and decreasing what they could get in a trade.

They've had some pretty suspect drafts the past few years, not as atrocious as ours, but definitely not what you'd expect from a perennial contender. Pollian was exposed once Manning went down and the team fell apart.

For some reason, i think you aren't being sarcastic and actually think that the Pats drafts have been bad.. *sigh*

I thought Elway refused to play for the Colts and threatened to play baseball with the Yankees if they didn't trade him, essentially holding the Colts hostage and decreasing what they could get in a trade.

Elway had threatened with that well before the draft, so the Colts knew it going in. The GM and the coach drafted Elway anyway, wanting to see if he would indeed "play for the Yankees". They thought he wouldn't, but Irsay made the trade to the Broncos without even consulting the GM and coach right after the draft, without even letting the team try to nogotiate with Elway and his agent.

Last edited:
Sic semper tyrannis!!!

So with Jeff Fischer (noted Patriot hater) and Polian both off the NFL Competition Committee isn't it time for Kraft to put someone in there?

Shoot me if Polian takes an NFL front office position.

EDIT: NH gun owners, please ignore this hyperbole

Last edited:
Fisher is supposedly the top pick for St. Louis..
The betting line is that Fisher is the first coming out of the shutes and will have the pick of the coaching litter. St. Louis with Bradford does make sense but Miami, again, will be a hard sell.
Thinking out loud, the team that could most benifit from Fisher's tenure is San Diego, The continual shooting one's self in the foot in-game execution (or lack thereof) would be quickly corrected by someone like Fisher. I'm just not sure he's a West coast guy though.

The absolute last thing this league needs is Bill Polian as part of the league office..

I agree, but it would not surprise me if it happens.

Maybe Polian will learn how to pronounce Patriots. His Patrioughts bull**** was getting tiresome in interviews. Good bleepin riddance. Anyone signing him will also have to hire is idiot son.

The most plausible thing I've seen is that Peyton won the power struggle with the Polians', and Peyton stays along with Caldwell. The new GM could be Reggie McKenzie from the Packers, who has connections to Tennessee.

Packers.com | Staff | Reggie McKenzie

First round picks are now affordable, the Colts trade the 1st pick to Cleve or Washington for a kings ransom, and rebuild the roster.

The pertinent question is when Jim Irsay made these decisions was he;

A) Drunk.
B) Somewhat drunk.
C) Exceptionally drunk.
D) Legless.

Last edited:
Couldn't have have happened to a nicer pair - I am still brooding over Polian's manipulation of the competition committee.

Peyton is as good as gone now and his status may have played a part in Polian being fired... such as owner wanted him gone and Polian wanting him to stay.

I think you have that backwards. Irsay wants to keep Manning and I think the Polian's wanted to pick Luck and possibly deal Manning. The Polians know, and Bill stated that the roster is weak and they have to rebuild the whole thing. The best way to do that is trade Manning now and get two 1st round picks and whatever else comes with the bounty. Suck it up for a year or two while Luck takes his lumps and rebuild through the draft. I'm guessing, becauses Irsay is a fanboy more than a GM/Owner type, that he has sentimental value and doesn't believe his team is as depleted as they are in the talent department.

Last edited:
The most plausible thing I've seen is that Peyton won the power struggle with the Polians', and Peyton stays along with Caldwell. The new GM could be Reggie McKenzie from the Packers, who has connections to Tennessee.

Packers.com | Staff | Reggie McKenzie

First round picks are now affordable, the Colts trade the 1st pick to Cleve or Washington for a kings ransom, and rebuild the roster.

they dont have to trade there pick just Draft Matt Kalil giveing Peyton a good LT is the best help they could give him if they are going with Manning then they have to win now they cant trade down pick up a lot of 2th round picks and wait 3 years for them to turn into good starters IMO it's win now or Draft Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News