PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-Colts fire Polian...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether the Pats should trade or keep the Luck pick depends a lot on an objective analysis of the Colts' current talent.

Firing the Polians increases the chance the analysis will be done reasonably well. But of course there will now be a bias in the let's-change-everything direction ...

Don't you mean the COLTS for the BOLDED part???

Not to look ahead for obvious reasons, but could this increase the chances of Reggie Wayne coming to New England next year?

I'd much rather have Larry Fitzgerald.. OMG that man can play.. And I think he'd break all sorts of records with Brady throwing to him..

Wow I did not expect this!!

While I agree with the general notion regarding Brady/Manning, I do want to harp on a pet peeve of mine:

The Patriots were coming off an undefeated regular season and were going from a difficult schedule to an easy one. They were also replacing Brady with a quarterback who was much better than Curtis Painter.

The Colts, while still a solid and dangerous team, were a team in decline, having fallen from 14 wins to 10 wins over the previous two seasons even with Manning at the helm. The 10 win season had been the worst for the Colts since 2002. So, a team that was in (at least a temporary) decline was replacing an elite QB with a guy who probably doesn't belong in the NFL.

I just see the two situations as too disparate to compare fairly.

Deus - You just proved his point. The fact is that Polian did a horrible job getting a competent replacement for Manning. BB, on the other hand, has done a fairly good job of keeping a competent back-up or developing one in the event that Brady went down.

I'd much rather have Larry Fitzgerald.. OMG that man can play.. And I think he'd break all sorts of records with Brady throwing to him..
Didn't he just re-up with the Cardinals?

I wonder what kind of NFL front office job Polian will have in the next few days?

I think that Polian will be done for a year or two.. I can't see any team giving that man a job. Especially with the reputation he has in terms of being a hot-head.

Re: Polian's fired by Colts?

Couldn't be the thread titled "OT-Colts fire Polian..." lol

:rolleyes: ooops.

Hey, at the time I looked it wasn't in the firstdozen or so threads, and I figured it would be if it was out there..... sorry.

Re: Polian(s) FIRED!

New regimes = new quarterbacks.

Manning will probably not be on the Colts next year. I hope he isn't wearing green and white.

A 36-year-old, thrice-neck-surgeried, control-freak dome QB who has never played well in bad conditions all of a sudden playing outside in the Northeast for a team with a receiver deficit, bad line, declining running game and defense, for the most blowhard coach in NFL history, and in front of the New York media?

I've said it before: I kind of want to see it.

O.k. I'll be the first.....

Should we sign Polian? :eek:

Come on...it's not far name wise from Pioli to Polian :cool:

Polian canned and Jets implode !! All in two days !! :rocker: Yes....2012 will be great .....:D lets go for a hat trick and see Roger flame out.:)

Your post just makes the argument that one team is a balanced franchise that took out insurance policies on it's star (Cassel/Hoyer/Mallet) while the other was run by someone with a lottery ticket mentality.

It's called franchise-building, not roulette.

No, my post made the argument that the Colts were a consistent team for a dozen years. You took offense to that for some bizarre reason which only your therapist can help you with.

I think that everyone who laments the state of the Patriots should pay special attention to the state of the NFL this year. No organization has been able to hold this kind of longevity, and while the other 2000's AFC powerhouses are in decline, the Patriots are only going to be getting better.

Obsidian in a raging forest fire...

No, my post made the argument that the Colts were a consistent team for a dozen years. You took offense to that for some bizarre reason which only your therapist can help you with.

Wow, someone is cranky. But it's understandable. First, Kim Jong Il dies last week, now Bill Polian gets fired. :D

Last edited:
Good riddance! He is most responsible for taking defense out of the game with his sour grapes, school girl whining after the '03 beatdown.

I nominate Jonathan Kraft (or whoever BB wants) to replace Polian on the Competition Committee. :D

Finally after living in a tent for the past 12 years at the Occupied Competition Committee Compound I can go home.

Wow, someone is cranky. But it's understandable. First, Kim Jong Il dies last week, now Bill Polian gets fired. :D

Wow. Two Kim Jong Il references a thread about Polian. Kind of says a lot.

Last edited:
Finally after living in a tent for the past 12 years at the Occupied Competition Committee Compound I can go home.
Actually he just got a full time job there now :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back