PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-Colts fire Polian...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good riddance! He is most responsible for taking defense out of the game with his sour grapes, school girl whining after the '03 beatdown.

He along with Goodell have ruined football.

No, my post made the argument that the Colts were a consistent team for a dozen years. You took offense to that for some bizarre reason which only your therapist can help you with.

Except that your post didn't make that argument.

Wow, someone is cranky. But it's understandable. First, Kim Jong Il dies last week, now Bill Polian gets fired. :D

I'm not cranky at all. First, regarding the dead midget, I'm about as far from a communist as it's possible to get. Second, regarding this thread, I find your stalking/trolling to be amusing, particularly since you're a mod and are supposed to be above such things.

images

Does this mean his show will be cancelled?

While I agree with the general notion regarding Brady/Manning, I do want to harp on a pet peeve of mine:

The Patriots were coming off an undefeated regular season and were going from a difficult schedule to an easy one. They were also replacing Brady with a quarterback who was much better than Curtis Painter.

The Colts, while still a solid and dangerous team, were a team in decline, having fallen from 14 wins to 10 wins over the previous two seasons even with Manning at the helm. The 10 win season had been the worst for the Colts since 2002. So, a team that was in (at least a temporary) decline was replacing an elite QB with a guy who probably doesn't belong in the NFL.

I just see the two situations as too disparate to compare fairly.

And you just summed up why BB just finished up his recored 5th season with 13 or more wins and Bill/Chris Polian are in the unemployment line looking for work.....

And you just summed up why BB just finished up his recored 5th season with 13 or more wins and Bill/Chris Polian are in the unemployment line looking for work.....

Absolutely. The horrible handling of the backup QB spot, combined with the timing of the Manning injury (team on the way down rather than on the way up) doomed the Polians.

From the stories that are out there, the younger Polian's methods and attitude may well have played a part, as well.

None of that changes the dozen years prior to this one, though.

Last edited:
I'm not cranky at all. First, regarding the dead midget, I'm about as far from a communist as it's possible to get. Second, regarding this thread, I find your stalking/trolling to be amusing, particularly since you're a mod and are supposed to be above such things.

Just because I'm a mod doesn't mean I have to ignore it when I see someone with a freakishly tight sphincter.

Honestly, you are platinum level entertainment.

Laugh a little. It'll improve your life.

Last edited:
Just because I'm a mod doesn't mean I have to ignore it when I see someone with a freakishly tight sphincter.

Honestly, you are platinum level entertainment.

Laugh a little. It'll improve your life.

I laugh at most of your posts, actually. You seem to have completely misread me. No surprise there, given your general analytical skills... ;)

Absolutely. The horrible handling of the backup QB spot, combined with the timing of the Manning injury (team on the way down rather than on the way up) doomed the Polians.

From the stories that are out there, the younger Polian's methods and attitude may well have played a part, as well.

None of that changes the dozen years prior to this one, though.

Sure it does.. How can it not? The back-up QB situation in Indy has been the same for said dozen years.

Not to mention that the Colts have been less than stellar in the drafting in recent years. Worse than many people claim about Belichick.

Is this all for Black Monday? Been kind of a quiet one.

We may all hate Polian for whining like a little girl, but you cannot deny his talent for building successful teams.

1. He built the Bills team that appeared in four straight SBs.
2. The Panthers teams that in only the franchise's second year appeared in the NFC Championship game.
3. The Colts team that won so many games this past decade.

The guy is better than a lot of GMs out there and will probably find a job sooner than later.

I think that Polian will be done for a year or two.. I can't see any team giving that man a job. Especially with the reputation he has in terms of being a hot-head.

I thought he was talking about retiring after this season any way, and that is why they promoted Chris, to groom him to succeed his father.

I think Bill is done as an active GM/President. I could see him taking a job with the league office or consult with a team.

I thought he was talking about retiring after this season any way, and that is why they promoted Chris, to groom him to succeed his father.

I think Bill is done as an active GM/President. I could see him taking a job with the league office or consult with a team.

The absolute last thing this league needs is Bill Polian as part of the league office..

curious to see how this turns out.

Will Irsay follow in his fathers footsteps and completely dismantle an older winning team and trade away their leader. Bob Irsay dismantled an aging Colts team and traded away Unitas to the Chargers. It worked for a few years in the mid 70s. He then overruled his coach and GM and blinked, trading away Elway for a sack of footballs.

Manning is owed a ton of money and no one knows how he will perform. It supposedly was Irsay's decision to pay the big contract to Manning, and keep him with the Colts until he retired. Let's see if he still will want to keep Manning. I have a feeling Polian and Irsay didn't agree on what to do with Manning and the pick for Luck.

They've had some pretty suspect drafts the past few years, not as atrocious as ours, but definitely not what you'd expect from a perennial contender. Pollian was exposed once Manning went down and the team fell apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back