PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Broncos/McDaniels accused of videotaping 49ers practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
JM is Denver's problem now. What happens in Denver stays in Denver!

I think my biggest worry right now is that JMcD gets fired, comes back to New England to serve his second stint as coordinator (hmmm . . . ring any bells?) before becoming a head coach. . . .

. . . . and gets the Pats to trade for Tim Tebow. :bricks:

My biggest worry is what other teams' fans will think of us. Now they won't like us again, and...

oh wait, I stopped really giving a **** about what other fans think about the Pats. :cool:

I doubt McDaniels' career is going to end; why should it, if, according to Goodell, McDaniels' only mistake was not to notify?

After all, Ratgini got hired just weeks after he got canned by the JEST. . . .

Very true. It takes a lot to truly get booted from the NFL for either performance or behavior. Just ask Michael Vick, Ray Lewis, Leonard Little, Dante Stallworth, and Tom Cable how hard it is to be banished from the NFL for behavior or Fredo, Pete Carroll, Wade Phillips, or Norv Turner how hard it is to be booted for habitual incompetence.

Last edited:
Links were provided to a NFL VP stating that the previous sanction had to do with his time in NE. This showed you were wrong. You got mad.

Post this again??? It stated that S Scar was officially sanctioned by Roger Goodell(which IS the point here) for working as a gopher under Walsh and Estrella??? I must have missed this.I've NEVER heard this before and I thought I had read and heard everything to do with Spygate.

Anyway, it's obvious YOU think the Patriots did something wrong here. I don't. I do NOT believe in fairy godmothers ,unicorns, or "odd coincidences".Goodell takes over in 2006.I've already run down his Jet connections from his youth...his first major decision as head of the NFL is to wait until the week of opening day, with the Pats playing the JETS(see that?you're gonna see it again...you'll still miss it but I want you to see it anyway).Million dollar fine!!! Loss of draft pick!!!! Mangini did the right thing and ratted those cheating Patriots(who are dominating the division while the Jets flounder).OK...just a coincidence...got it...just happened to be the Jets...coulda been anybody, right?? Hey look!!! A flock of flying pigs!!! Really!!!

Fast forward to this season and the All World just give 'em the Super Bowl trophy now Jets...the Hard Knock Jets...the Rex Ryan says F.U. to Bill Belichick and the Patriots Jets!!!....Goodell is loving it...the Pats are in a retooling mode, starting rookies, their defense looks suspect after key injuries...all is well...NOTHING is in the Jet Juggernaut's way....oh wait!!!!! the only other 9-2 team in the league!!! It's the Patriots!!!!What will Goodell do????? This was never foreseen...ask ANYBODY.

Well then...it's time for...

LET'S PLAY THE COINCIDENCE GAME AGAIN!!!!

Goodell knows about this Denver situation since London yet waits until the week before the biggest game in the league this year so far, between (here it comes Softboiled) the Jets and the Pats! Now, while Sexy Rexy just sits back and denies any knowledge of anything about S. Scar or what he did THERE, Bill Belichick has to endure yet ANOTHER NATIONWIDE MEDIA WITCH HUNT!!!! The week of the Jets/Pats game.

Coincidence!!! Coinky dinky!!! NFL official SAYS S. Scar SANCTIONED,WARNED AND GIVEN ONE MORE CHANCE!!! Oh really, show me the hard copy. I NEVER heard him being a part of any sanction or ruling as a Pats employee.

COINCIDENCE!!!!...

yuppers...it's those dang Paytreeotts agin',Barney.....

barney_andy_gomer.jpg

Last edited:
here is more 'surreal' observations from weei
It Is What It Is Josh McDaniels, Broncos fined $50K for taping walk-thru

There were also allegations by former Patriots staffer Matt Walsh that he was told by the Patriots to tape the Rams’ walk-thru prior to New England’s Super Bowl XXXVI win in Feb. 2002. The Patriots were not penalized for those charges.

What makes this all the more surreal and coincidental, Steve Scarnecchia succeeded Walsh with the Patriots. According to the New York Times, Walsh told Senator Arlen Specter that he witnessed Scarnecchia illegally tape the Steelers in 2002 and the Steelers and Cowboys during their second Super Bowl championship season in 2004.

I'm sorry Joker, I thought you were trying to say that SS was sanctioned for activities with the Jets. My bad. You would have provided hardcopy evidence for that if you meant that.

BTW. Mods, is there an intervention feature to this board?

how about the nash guy from the broncos
McDaniels, Broncos get slap on wrist - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

“As best we can conclude, a single incident as opposed to, in New England, years of activity,” Pash said. “You had an incident that, as best we could identify, was carried out by a single employee without direction from the coaching staff or anyone else at the club. That’s obviously different from what we saw in New England where the head coach was actively supervising the activity.

I'm sorry Joker, I thought you were trying to say that SS was sanctioned for activities with the Jets. My bad. You would have provided hardcopy evidence for that if you meant that.

BTW. Mods, is there an intervention feature to this board?

I AM saying that and I am saying Goodell kept it under wraps...and I'm saying Mangini was, up until now, also party to keeping this under wraps, his reward being the Cleveland job when every football writer,pundit, radio and TV personality in the entire country thought he'd NEVER be hired anywhere again.

hey...looky there Vern!...there's an 800 pound pink elephant hiding behind that potted plant!!!...really!...don't you believe me???

cast.jpg

COINKY DINKY AGAIN!!!!

I AM saying that and I am saying Goodell kept it under wraps...and I'm saying Mangini was, up until now, also party to keeping this under wraps, his reward being the Cleveland job when every football writer,pundit, radio and TV personality in the entire country thought he'd NEVER be hired anywhere again.

hey...looky there Vern!...there's an 800 pound pink elephant hiding behind that potted plant!!!...really!...don't you believe me???

tin-foil-hat.jpg

BTW...your "evidence" citing S Scar being "sanctioned" is nowhere in this so callled official league statement, SoftBoiled...it just states that he was identified as part of the staff...where you get "officially sanctioned!!!!" from is far beyond my ability to see into the cosmos THAT deep.

Mr. Scarnecchia had previously been employed as a member of the video staff in New England. In the course of the investigation a few years ago he was identified as one of the people who had been involved in improperly recording opposing teams' coaching signals.

I mean...you actually see an official sanction by Roger Goodell in there???? Do you hear "Paul is dead" when you play Sgt Pepper's backwards too?

Wow. From Mike Sando of ESPN:

"Steve Scarnecchia, the person responsible for the illicit taping earlier this month, worked for New England when the Patriots allegedly taped St. Louis Rams practices before Super Bowl XXXVI in 2002. As a result, I'm more comfortable removing the word "allegedly" from the previous sentence. The Patriots employed cheaters. Scarnecchia's father, Dante, still works for the Patriots."

49ers, Rams have right to feel cheated - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

What am I missing? Goodell cleared the Pats of the walk through charges, right?

This is clearly irresponsible journalism. Someone on espn needs to reprimand this guy. The key witness in the whole super bowl mess even admitted no such thing occurred and caused a boston newspaper to issue a front page apology.

Interested in seeing if Reiss can counter balance this clown.

BTW...your "evidence" citing S Scar being "sanctioned" is nowhere in this so callled official league statement, SoftBoiled...it just states that he was identified as part of the staff...where you get "officially sanctioned!!!!" from is far beyond my ability to see into the cosmos THAT deep.

Mr. Scarnecchia had previously been employed as a member of the video staff in New England. In the course of the investigation a few years ago he was identified as one of the people who had been involved in improperly recording opposing teams' coaching signals.

I mean...you actually see an official sanction by Roger Goodell in there???? Do you hear "Paul is dead" when you play Sgt Pepper's backwards too?

Weren't you throwing out the "blind" accusation before. The part you quote is in response to the question:

"..what specifically made Mr. Scarnecchia a repeat offender of the policy?"​

Not sure how you missed that.

BTW, I don't listen to LPs, so I can't play them backwards. Interesting hobby though. Good luck with that. Do you get advice from Yoko about coherent writing?

I have no interest in whether SS was sanctioned for activities with the Jets or the Pats. It's that you vehemently claim it was with the Jets.

When you get your hardcopy evidence, could you scan it so you can post it here? If you don't have a scanner, ask your friend Verne. He may know someone in town who has one.

Last edited:
Will do, Jet fan...good luck Monday Night...don't pay attention to those thingamajigs that look like cameras hanging from the snack truck parked at the Jet practice facility...hopefully you'll get your wish and the Patriots will be fined TWO million this time for "used to have an employee" violations

Last edited:
Josh McDaniels' NFL career is about to end very shortly. His demise is well-deserved, as is that of Steve Scarnecchia. What a couple of dopes. How anyone could possibly involve themselves in this type of stuff after the $***storm of 3 years ago is incomprehensible to me.

^That.

My fear during spygate(1) was that no one teams would come forward or get caught, making it seem like we were the only ones to ever do it. Glad to see someone else do it , even if it is from BB's coaching tree. Although, doing it after the uproar over spygate(1) you have got to be the dumbest **** in the world.

Although, doing it after the uproar over spygate(1) you have got to be the dumbest **** in the world.

one would think so but really, the answer is...it's just one big

COINCIDENCE!!!

So let's review:

Dolphins record Bradys audibles = "that's football"

Jets tape Pats = nothing

Broncos tape 49ers = josh didn't watch the tape and 100k total fines

Pats tape Jets = WORST THING EVER TO HAPPEN IN SPORTS.

Am I missing anything?

Nope you got it just about right.....what happened to the pats was a travesty and witch hunt......coaches steal signals ALL THE TIME FROM EACH OTHER...that's why they cover their mouth with playbook/paper. There is filming being done ALL the time during games...ever see a QB meeting with coaches and looking at sheets of FILM after a series completed? Anyways...because it is the pats and godell and everyone hated them (because we were a dynasty)....

Do you think the suspect timekeeping at the end of SB42 was due to the league stepping in to make sure the "Spygate" team didn't win the SB? :confused:

Ummmm...YEAH!...how that fat a## tomassh-o didn't get his butt kicked by some pats fan....and is STILL somehow covering NE sports is beyond me.....that skid mark is a pariah in NE....if he pulled that sh/t in NY ..they would have found his bloated carcass strung up in a tree...

Interesting column by former NFL Safety Matt Bowen.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Cheating-in-the-NFL-goes-beyond-the-camera-7129.html

There is much more that goes on behind closed doors that we don't hear about in the mainstream media.
Let’s start with playbooks. You don’t think those find their way into the hands of opposing players? I saw plenty of offensive playbooks during game weeks in my career. Printed, stapled and handed out to the defense. Magically they appeared in our meeting rooms, complete with route schemes, exotic plays and top concepts.

And:

Taping practice or using cameras during the game to see signals sent in from the sideline (which almost every player has seen in their careers) are more than “occasional” situations in the NFL.

Last edited:
not surprised denver would do this, they already lost a 3rd rounder and 500k when they cheated the salary cap haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News