PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Broncos/McDaniels accused of videotaping 49ers practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Damn Deus, you beat me to it.

BTW, I'll be AFK today calibrating my whole house Faraday Cage :p

Its amazing how this board feeds on negative energy. Its the Broncos and frankly I think a lot of you are putting way too much into this over nothing. Who cares if the media tries to tie this back to us? It has NOTHING to do with the Pats. We should be concerned about the Jets not this BS. This thread should be moved.

I agree, lets focus on the jets.
This thread should be removed.

I agree, lets focus on the jets.
This thread should be removed.

I hear you, I hate this story too. Thank you for the advice, but the board has many, many threads you can choose from. 203 posts in 22 hours shows that it is a subject that many want to talk about.

The Pats don't even have a game this week. The Jets game is in 8+ days and there is no shortage of threads about it.

Last edited:
I hate this story just because the Pats seem to be made guilty of this eventhough they have nothing to do with it. Many in the media have spun this into Belichick being directly responsible for the incident because he trained the people involved.

This story has nothing to do with the Pats and I really don't care about it. I just wish the Pats would be left out of it. They weren't involved.

I think my biggest worry right now is that JMcD gets fired, comes back to New England to serve his second stint as coordinator (hmmm . . . ring any bells?) before becoming a head coach. . . .

. . . . and gets the Pats to trade for Tim Tebow. :bricks:
Mickey D was as good as gone before this taping incident.

The handling of Cutler and Brandon Marshall. He traded or cut Peyton Hillis and then traded for Lawrence "2 yac" Maroney. Since last season the Broncos have lost a lot of games.

I hate this story just because the Pats seem to be made guilty of this eventhough they have nothing to do with it. Many in the media have spun this into Belichick being directly responsible for the incident because he trained the people involved.

This story has nothing to do with the Pats and I really don't care about it. I just wish the Pats would be left out of it. They weren't involved.

The only way that the Pats will ever clear their name is to go out and punch teams in the mouth and win another Title.

The Jets game would be prefect to unleash hell.

Its amazing how this board feeds on negative energy. Its the Broncos and frankly I think a lot of you are putting way too much into this over nothing. Who cares if the media tries to tie this back to us? It has NOTHING to do with the Pats. We should be concerned about the Jets not this BS. This thread should be moved.

Because most of us find the following crap to be just that..crap.Steve Scarnecchia’s first offense was involvement with Patriots | ProFootballTalk

Last edited:
What I don't get is, why? With everything that took place with NE filming and then, the accusation of filming a WALK-THRU, he films a walk-thru.
Thus, if he does not get fired, you've got to think that there's more to the story. Like someone is thowing him under the bus. Did he just decide to film the walk-thru as to let bygones be bygones?

What I don't get is, why? With everything that took place with NE filming and then, the accusation of filming a WALK-THRU, he films a walk-thru.
Thus, if he does not get fired, you've got to think that there's more to the story. Like someone is throwing him under the bus. Did he just decide to film the walk-thru as to let bygones be bygones?

My thoughts exactly. Why would Josh even hire him? He is so good at taping that the Broncos really needed him? There is no-one else to do the taping? It is all really weird.

Last edited:
So let's review:

Dolphins record Bradys audibles = "that's football"

Jets tape Pats = nothing

Broncos tape 49ers = josh didn't watch the tape and 100k total fines

Pats tape Jets = WORST THING EVER TO HAPPEN IN SPORTS.

Am I missing anything?

Pepper Johnson sees guy with binoculars in a Tulane high rise adjacent to Pats practice field in New Orleans in Feb 2002 - no one cares either.

Portion of M. Reiss 2007 article. Steve Scarnecchia the Double Agent??

By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff | September 12, 2007

FOXBOROUGH - The National Football League has determined that the Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped the New York Jets' coaches sending signals to players on the field during New England's 38-14 victory at Giants Stadium,................

The Jets have numerous ties with the Patriots among the team's personnel, the most significant that their head coach, Eric Mangini, was a New England assistant from 2000-05. Steve Scarnecchia, the son of Patriots assistant coach Dante Scarnecchia, is in his second year as the Jets' video director. He was a member of the Patriots' video staff from 2001-04.
© Copyright 2007 Globe Newspaper Company.

Glazer said on the pregame that McDaniels told his players what he did was not practiced like what Belichick did -- and that they shouldn't let word get out that he said that.

Glazer said on the pregame that McDaniels told his players what he did was not practiced like what Belichick did -- and that they shouldn't let word get out that he said that.

What does that mean exactly?

it means that all this latest "news" the week of another important Jets/Pats struggle is just one big

COINCIDENCE

I'm kind of wondering that myself.

Edit: Here's the GLazer tweet:

"Just reported that Josh McDaniels in staff mtg on fri said latest video tape scandal isn't like SpyGate bc that was practiced & coached."

SO basically Josh told his players that BB used the videotaped info extensively. According to Glazer.

Last edited:
I'm kind of wondering that myself.

Edit: Here's the GLazer tweet:

"Just reported that Josh McDaniels in staff mtg on fri said latest video tape scandal isn't like SpyGate bc that was practiced & coached."

SO basically Josh told his players that BB used the videotaped info extensively. According to Glazer.

Well, we knew that, didn't we? The infractions occurred over many years, it couldn't have been a one time deal. I'm not sure that means it was used extensively but it was part of the endless preparation, yeah.

I'm still not sure I believe this current situation makes much sense. SS tapes this all on his own and goes running to McDaniels all "lookie what I got, coach! Am I a good employee or WHAT?" and McDaniels is shocked and chagrined but does nothing else. Yet someone else does? It just paints SS to be a total idiot, which maybe he is, but I don't know. Something is weird about the story, but I don't really care anymore. I think the whole thing about videotaping and signals and blah, blah, blah is WAY overblown and stupid.

Last edited:
Well, we knew that, didn't we? The infractions occurred over many years, it couldn't have been a one time deal. I'm not sure that means it was used extensively but it was part of the endless preparation, yeah.

I'm still not sure I believe this current situation makes much sense. SS tapes this all on his own and goes running to McDaniels all "lookie what I got, coach! Am I a good employee or WHAT?" and McDaniels is shocked and chagrined but does nothing else. Yet someone else does? It just paints SS to be a total idiot, which maybe he is, but I don't know. Something is weird about the story, but I don't really care anymore. I think the whole thing about videotaping and signals and blah, blah, blah is WAY overblown and stupid.

It doesn't make sense that he would just go tape something to be like "look what I've got coach!" it's more likely that the staff used things of that nature and mcdaniels didn't watch them in a CYA maneuver, so basically "the family had a lot of buffers, senator."

Of course is not the pats so no one is calling out the bs. Amazing that people think the league covered up for us but they are taking this on face value.

It doesn't make sense that he would just go tape something to be like "look what I've got coach!" it's more likely that the staff used things of that nature and mcdaniels didn't watch them in a CYA maneuver, so basically "the family had a lot of buffers, senator."

I completely agree. I just meant the story as they are selling it makes absolutely no sense at all, really, unless you go from the angle that SS was a total moron. Which he could be, but I'm somehow doubting that's all there is to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes