PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos Cheifs- Most satisfying game of the Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafoe2016

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Maybe I'm alone on this. I know a lot of people here hate the Jets. I don't get the obsession. They are irrelevant. The team that drove me insane all year last year was the Broncos. Talent wise that should have been a 4 or 5 win team. To watch them get batshit lucky win after win handed to them last year was infuriating. Watching them get that regular season win against the Pats handed to them by the refs was maddening. Von Miller gets caught trying to pay off a guy to flub a failed drug test and he gets a slap on the wrist and a free pass from the media. Aquib Talib, TJ Ward- two of the dirtiest players in the league and that entire clutching, grabbing, bear hugging secondary make me sick. Watching Manning get gifted a second ring while skating on steroid suspicions that would have resulted in a ****storm, a year long suspension and loss of multiple draft picks were it Brady. All of it. Watching the Patriots fall short to a team I didn't respect as players or as men. Last year was probably the most depressing year for me as a football fan since 2007. Maybe more so as it was a long drawn out process as opposed to one fluke loss in 2007. Then to watch them start of this year with the horse shoe crammed up their rectum with Carolina handing them yet another win by missing a relatively easy game winning field goal. Demoralizing.

Watching it slowly unravel, culminating in the ass kicking they received last night was one of the most satisfying experiences I've ever had a a sports fan. I'm sure horse face will find a way to skirt the cap and whatever rules he needs to to bring in Tony Romo, get a legit running game and become a contender. But the Broncos are a bad football team right now. I love it. I love watching their players stew in misery. Classless, insane little punks like Sanders. I love that their obnoxious, arrogant fans are suffering right now.

I didn't even mind the classless Jeff Fisher move at the end by Andy Reid. That game was beautiful. Add in my second most hated team, the Ravens getting knocked out of the playoffs- wow. What an amazing sports Christmas. I know the Patriots are better than Baltimore. But that never seems to matter when those teams meet. Wasn't really up for another Pats/Ravens playoff nailbiter. Now I wont have to worry about it. The downside is Suggs' beard girlfriend took a Christmas beating that night and probably drank a little bleach.

We are going to have to beat Miami on Sunday. Denver is done. I don't think they can beat Oakland, even without Carr. They are a mess. One of the least talented offensive teams in the league right now.

the donkeys offense is putrid, defense alone just isn't enough to win championships.

Poe basically just took a dump right on the vaunted Bronco defense. Andy Reid should win COTY just for that play. Loved seeing their players standing around with stupid looks on their faces. Especially Talib, with his high pitched voice. Douchebag.

Poe basically just took a dump right on the vaunted Bronco defense. Andy Reid should win COTY just for that play. Loved seeing their players standing around with stupid looks on their faces. Especially Talib, with his high pitched voice. Douchebag.

Eff the Donks. It was a pleasure to see their vaunted D punked like that.
Their off season will be complete misery for the 53.
Best of all their O and D are fractured.
Suck it, Horse Face.

Most satisfying game of the year was easily Broncos - Pats. Finally beating the Broncos on their home turf and annihilating them on the offensive side of the ball was awsome.

Feel the hate Broncos. Suck it.

4904933555_649b0ccffd.jpg

Most satisfying game of the year was easily Broncos - Pats. Finally beating the Broncos on their home turf and annihilating them on the offensive side of the ball was awsome.

For me it was watching them dominate the Ravens. Save for a couple of ST miscues that game set the record straight to all the "eye testing" naysayers. Sugg's was limited to talking his "we'll see them again" trash on the way out of the stadium because he didn't do diddly squat while in the stadium.

Denver wasn't much better last year. Just shows you how badly the NFL wanted to get Peyton one more ring.

They had a legit running game. No All Pros, but CJ Anderson was respectable. And for whatever reason, as terrible as he's looked in Houston, Brock was serviceable in Denver.

We definitely got hosed in Denver. The calls in that game were as bad as anything you would see in the NBA. Not sure if I'm buying the whole Roger handed Peyton a title narrative that's going around. I mean, I wouldn't put it past Roger, but I just don't see enough evidence to support such a claim. I think we just choked and then they got to play a Carolina team that wasn't that good. They were a bad team in 2014, under .500. They didn't magically become a great team with essentially the same roster in 2015. And while they lost some guys on defense, they are a bad team again in 2016 and Cam looks average again. I think if we had done our jobs and taken care of home field advantage the AFC Championship would have been an entirely different ballgame without all the disruptive crowd noise to impede communication on our offensive line. I think we have let somewhere between 4 and 6 Super Bowls slip through our fingers in the Brady era. Last year was one of them. We could easily be looking at a Bill Russel/Tommy Heinson era type of dynasty. Not complaining. What they have managed to accomplish is unprecedented.

I would have thought so too if you told me before the game that they were going to win. But reaIt was more frustrating than anything watching them struggle offensively. I was happy they got the win. But I wasn't satisfied. Held their offense down. But that's what you are supposed to do when you face what might be the worst offense in the league. I know Butler can't cover a two year old, so it's really impressive that he was able to shut down a Hall of Fame Legend like Sanders who makes Jerry Rice and Randy Moss look like Aaron Dobson.

Feel the hate Broncos. Suck it.

I should pay attention to twitter more, there is some funny stuff on there. These replies to that tweet had me laughing.

They had a legit running game. No All Pros, but CJ Anderson was respectable. And for whatever reason, as terrible as he's looked in Houston, Brock was serviceable in Denver.

We definitely got hosed in Denver. The calls in that game were as bad as anything you would see in the NBA. Not sure if I'm buying the whole Roger handed Peyton a title narrative that's going around. I mean, I wouldn't put it past Roger, but I just don't see enough evidence to support such a claim. I think we just choked and then they got to play a Carolina team that wasn't that good. They were a bad team in 2014, under .500. They didn't magically become a great team with essentially the same roster in 2015. And while they lost some guys on defense, they are a bad team again in 2016 and Cam looks average again. I think if we had done our jobs and taken care of home field advantage the AFC Championship would have been an entirely different ballgame without all the disruptive crowd noise to impede communication on our offensive line. I think we have let somewhere between 4 and 6 Super Bowls slip through our fingers in the Brady era. Last year was one of them. We could easily be looking at a Bill Russel/Tommy Heinson era type of dynasty. Not complaining. What they have managed to accomplish is unprecedented.

If the Pats hadn't gotten hosed in Denver then the Pats would have had the #1 seed and the AFCCG would likely have gone much better for the Pats.

With the amount of injuries the Pats were trying to manage last year that would have made all.the difference.

With the #1 seed locked up the Pats could have rested more if their injured players for the playoff push.

Not for me. I was hoping Denver would win the game and get into the playoffs. They would have received a major ass whipping in Foxboro if they managed to get deep enough to play us.

Agree. In a best of 7 which will never happen for football, I feel strongly that if you take away the fluke/injury/politics factors, we would easily be looking at as many as 9+ Super Bowl wins.

2001 (fortunate with the Tuck rule)
2006 (The second half choke/screw job in the AFCC game)
2007 (SB 42 Tyree/Samuel)
2010 (Picked a bad time to have a poorly executed game)
2011 (SB 46 - Welker/Manningham)
2015 (Injuries and the screw job at Mile High)

In both SBs vs the Giants, our guys (Samuel and Welker) didnt make the pivotal plays (the missed INT on 2nd down by Samuel, and the missed reception by Welker) while their guys did (Tyree/Manningham). The worse part about both instances was that our guys were 1st team all-pros in each respective year.

I will say that we were in no way shape of form deserving of winning titles in any of the following 5 seasons: 2002/2005/2008/2009/2013.

The only other team in North American pro sports that was this consistent AND dominant were your Bill Russell-era Boston Celtics, with all due respect to the current run from 99-present by the San Antonio Spurs (their teams at their peak haven't been quite as dominant). When you factor in the salary cap era, you can easily make an argument that the Brady/Belichick Patriots are the greatest dynasty of all time.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm alone on this. I know a lot of people here hate the Jets. I don't get the obsession. They are irrelevant. The team that drove me insane all year last year was the Broncos. Talent wise that should have been a 4 or 5 win team. To watch them get batshit lucky win after win handed to them last year was infuriating. Watching them get that regular season win against the Pats handed to them by the refs was maddening. Von Miller gets caught trying to pay off a guy to flub a failed drug test and he gets a slap on the wrist and a free pass from the media. Aquib Talib, TJ Ward- two of the dirtiest players in the league and that entire clutching, grabbing, bear hugging secondary make me sick. Watching Manning get gifted a second ring while skating on steroid suspicions that would have resulted in a ****storm, a year long suspension and loss of multiple draft picks were it Brady. All of it. Watching the Patriots fall short to a team I didn't respect as players or as men. Last year was probably the most depressing year for me as a football fan since 2007. Maybe more so as it was a long drawn out process as opposed to one fluke loss in 2007. Then to watch them start of this year with the horse shoe crammed up their rectum with Carolina handing them yet another win by missing a relatively easy game winning field goal. Demoralizing.

Watching it slowly unravel, culminating in the ass kicking they received last night was one of the most satisfying experiences I've ever had a a sports fan. I'm sure horse face will find a way to skirt the cap and whatever rules he needs to to bring in Tony Romo, get a legit running game and become a contender. But the Broncos are a bad football team right now. I love it. I love watching their players stew in misery. Classless, insane little punks like Sanders. I love that their obnoxious, arrogant fans are suffering right now.

I didn't even mind the classless Jeff Fisher move at the end by Andy Reid. That game was beautiful. Add in my second most hated team, the Ravens getting knocked out of the playoffs- wow. What an amazing sports Christmas. I know the Patriots are better than Baltimore. But that never seems to matter when those teams meet. Wasn't really up for another Pats/Ravens playoff nailbiter. Now I wont have to worry about it. The downside is Suggs' beard girlfriend took a Christmas beating that night and probably drank a little bleach.

We are going to have to beat Miami on Sunday. Denver is done. I don't think they can beat Oakland, even without Carr. They are a mess. One of the least talented offensive teams in the league right now.

Steelers fans are way, way worse than Bronco fans.

Denver wasn't much better last year. Just shows you how badly the NFL wanted to get Peyton one more ring.

Um.. we didn't help things by coughing up HFA in an epic fashion. We earned last year's **** show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST