PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Broncos/McDaniels accused of videotaping 49ers practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something broncos fans should be obsessing about not us....

What a dumbass......Well that's the end of his HC in Denver with that and the loosing he's gone by seasons end.

I guess Josh is going to be on the KC coaching staff next year.....

You are going to have to do better than that. Wasn't Scarnecchia Matt Estrella before Matt Estrella? You know for a fact he did no taping while in NE? Strange that he would want to be in Colorodo's and the Jets video dept without doing any prior videotaping. Just because he was a Jets employee at the time of sanction doesn't tell you what he was sanctioned for or when the activites occurred. Where did you get your correct reporting from?

He was NOT in charge of video as a Pats employee. He WAS in charge of video as a Jets employee in 2006- 2007.The only incident the Pats were sanctioned for occurred in 2006 . You are suggesting the crackheaded idea that Goodell sanctioned him when he was a Pats employee in 2004????Do better than what????? It's you that's so damned desperate to make sure this has NOTHING to do with the Rats...what the hell are YOU hiding??? An auttographed Sanchez manboy BVD?

I expect Goddell to take away the Broncos' 1st round pick. It's only fair.

*And this does make the Pats look really bad.

Last edited:
It does?:} and by omission you are suggesting it has NOTHING to do with the NY Jets????

oh wait....it's Hey I'm A Hater!What's Down?...my mistake...of course the head of the Jets video department in 2006/7 before moving on to Denver implicates the Patriots....pure, straight line logic....how could I have not seen it...

He was NOT in charge of video as a Pats employee. He WAS in charge of video as a Jets employee in 2006- 2007.The only incident the Pats were sanctioned for occurred in 2006 . You are suggesting the crackheaded idea that Goodell sanctioned him when he was a Pats employee in 2004????Do better than what?????

Who said he was in charge of video dept with NE? You don't have to be in charge to hold a camera. Can you give better evidence of your claim that he was sanctioned for actions taken with the Jets? Maybe he was, but I don't see a source for that - other than you writing it. That's all I asked for. Do better means better than you just writing it.

The Patriots were not fined only for one game in 2006. They were fined for the "totallly of the acts." That includes time while SS worked for NE.

It's you that's so damned desperate to make sure this has NOTHING to do with the Rats...what the hell are YOU hiding??? An auttographed Sanchez manboy BVD?

Weird.

Last edited:
It does?:} and by omission you are suggesting it has NOTHING to do with the NY Jets????

oh wait....it's Hey I'm A Hater!What's Down?...my mistake...of course the head of the Jets video department in 2006/7 before moving on to Denver implicates the Patriots....pure, straight line logic....how could I have not seen it...
McDaniels is the head coach - a former assistant to BB.

Who did they point the finger to when the Pats were being investigated? BB.

Check your logic buddy.

Goddell needs to take away the Broncos first round pick.

Last edited:
I know Shalize Manza Young reads this board, so, SMY: I want to ask you a question (since I don't have a Twitter account to "@" you):

You Tweet:

"to clarify on Steve Scarnecchia/Pats: he was in NE in '01, when alleged incident with Rams occurred (came to light in 07)"

My understanding is that "incident with the Rams" didn't actually "occur"? Isn't that what an NFL investigation proved? I know you say "alleged incident" but you also say it "occurred." Which was it? Just looking for clarity here.

This should be about the Broncos and only the Broncos, but we all know it won't be.

We'll be hearing about the McDaniels-Belichick connection every time this story is referenced. Of course, the part of the Mangini-Belichick connection that would make Mangini look bad (the Jets were caught "illegally" filming in 2006) was never mentioned in the media in 2007. And I've never heard much talk about Belichick taking his cue from Parcells on these matters.

Bill took full responsibility for what happened in 2007. McDaniels is singling out Scarnecchia. The difference is pretty clear, and this is probably why there is such a disparity in the fines even though what the Broncos did is considerably more heinous than what the Patriots did.

Bill took full responsibility for what happened in 2007. McDaniels is singling out Scarnecchia. The difference is pretty clear, and this is probably why there is such a disparity in the fines even though what the Broncos did is considerably more heinous than what the Patriots did.

i think the fact that the broncos notified the league (although not JMcD) makes it less hard on them at least according to the media.

Here is a link to the transcript of the conference call the Broncos lawyer and the league's lawyer had with the media today.

Transcript: Conference call with Broncos Chief Operating Officer and Jeff Pash - KDVR

Josh was fined for not reporting what Scar's kid did to his ownership or the league. He never viewed the tape nor did anyone on his staff, ergo it wasn't used by the organization so there is no additional punishment for that... The punishment is solely for not reporting it promptly. Under the policy enacted after 2007, all team employees are required to report such breaches in the rules to the league. What possessed Josh not to is beyond me. He set himself up for this fine or worse... What possessed him not to can this moron is even further beyond me... Someone else on his staff ultimately found out what had happened (probably from the moron himself...) and reported it to ownership who then reported it to the league.

As for the previous sanctions against Scarnecchia, the league isn't saying what they entailed but they were for his participation in the taping of defensive signals while here. Remember, we were penalized for the signal tapings in their entirety from 2000 thru 2006. We were never penalized for taping the walkthrough since in fact that never happened... I have a feeling we now know who the source was who long claimed Matt Walsh had actually taped that day...and why some mediots felt so confident it had to have happened... Scar should disown this clown.

I know Shalize Manza Young reads this board, so, SMY: I want to ask you a question (since I don't have a Twitter account to "@" you):

You Tweet:

"to clarify on Steve Scarnecchia/Pats: he was in NE in '01, when alleged incident with Rams occurred (came to light in 07)"

My understanding is that "incident with the Rams" didn't actually "occur"? Isn't that what an NFL investigation proved? I know you say "alleged incident" but you also say it "occurred." Which was it? Just looking for clarity here.

this is our media. they will start to put 2+2 togther to make it 5 just to create more news abbout the herald fiasco. iam sure they will now say its wasnt probably matt walsh and maybe it was SS

Here is a link to the transcript of the conference call the Broncos lawyer and the league's lawyer had with the media today.

Transcript: Conference call with Broncos Chief Operating Officer and Jeff Pash - KDVR

Josh was fined for not reporting what Scar's kid did to his ownership or the league. He never viewed the tape nor did anyone on his staff, ergo it wasn't used by the organization so there is no additional punishment for that... The punishment is solely for not reporting it promptly. Under the policy enacted after 2007, all team employees are required to report such breaches in the rules to the league. What possessed Josh not to is beyond me. He set himself up for this fine or worse... What possessed him not to can this moron is even further beyond me... Someone else on his staff ultimately found out what had happened (probably from the moron himself...) and reported it to ownership who then reported it to the league.

As for the previous sanctions against Scarnecchia, the league isn't saying what they entailed but they were for his participation in the taping of defensive signals while here. Remember, we were penalized for the signal tapings in their entirety from 2000 thru 2006. We were never penalized for taping the walkthrough since in fact that never happened... I have a feeling we now know who the source was who long claimed Matt Walsh had actually taped that day...and why some mediots felt so confident it had to have happened... Scar should disown this clown.
iam a tiny bitt worried if the commish and mediots will now ask if steve S was the one who may have videotapd the rams practiced and if the league actually investigated the wrong guy. watch...this is what ESPN willl start now:mad:

this will die out fast because denver is a bad 3-7 football team that could have a new HC next year and the pats were a 3 time SB team that everyone was and still is jealous of

iam a tiny bitt worried if the commish and mediots will now ask if steve S was the one who may have videotapd the rams practiced and if the league actually investigated the wrong guy. watch...this is what ESPN willl start now:mad:

I hope you are wrong, but you might be right.

Errors compound themselves in unexpected ways.

well, as long as it has nothing to do with SS when he was head of the Jets filming I guess everything is great....more kill BB and more "we're guilty again!!!" from our passionate, objective fan base.

S. Scar with Pats as assistant..."filmer!!! cheater!!!"

leaves to Jets with Mangini as HEAD of filming operations "totally pristine pure ...never filmed anything like he did as an assistant in NE!!!!"

leaves Jets to go to Denver "dirty filmer again!!!! Patriots fault!!!!"

great...thanx for straightening this all out...I would have never guessed he did...then he didn't...then he did again...makes perfect sense in real life terms...of course...I get it now

so then this link, Mangini admitting he taped the Pats with TWO cameras field level, lied he had permission and the whole thing headed up by S Scar is just "tsk tsk...run along other pats fans...nothing to see here" is NOT TRUE???? Because to have your stated "prisitne pure Jets did NOTHING...S SCar did nothing as a Jet!!!!" seems a bit far fetched...no????like in another dimensional galaxy?

Mangini: Jets taped during playoff game last season, but received permission from Pats | Facebook

it was as a Jet employee...filming was HIS responsibility...he had NO SUCH authority as a Pats employee...Goodell sanctioned him, kept it out of the public eye with the help of Mangini and Tannenbaum and the entire Jet organization and NOW that it's finally come to the light of day...it is being MISREPORTED by ESPN(huge shock, I know) and PFT, NFLN and God knows who else is in Goodell's pocket.

I think you have to give that idea up.

This is from a conference call previously linked by MLR. Jeff Pash is a NFL Executive Vice President

Q. Jeff, how exactly did this situation come to the league's attention and what specifically made Mr. Scarnecchia a repeat offender of the policy?

JEFF PASH: It came to our attention because the Broncos came and reported it to us, specifically Mr. Bowlen and Joe Ellis, and the team's council, Rich Slivka, came to New York and asked for a meeting and sat down with us and went through their own findings of what had happened.

On your second point, Mr. Scarnecchia had previously been employed as a member of the video staff in New England. In the course of the investigation a few years ago he was identified as one of the people who had been involved in improperly recording opposing teams' coaching signals.​

I almost wonder if BB fell on the sword for one of his guys here, and Josh didn't. Might be a delusional Pat fan thing to ask, but.. why not, eh?

this will die out fast because denver is a bad 3-7 football team that could have a new HC next year and the pats were a 3 time SB team that everyone was and still is jealous of

By the time the Broncs have a new HC next year the Patriots could be a 4 time SB champ. :D

Btw speaking of Spygate and 2007 I've never forgotten how Roger Goodell ignored the Patriots on the Super Bowl podium. The Commish of the NFL NEVER ACKNOWLEDGED THAT TEAM and their amazing 18 - 1 season even once with his postgame remarks on that stage after the SB. And if I'm never forgotten about that astonishing level of disrespect (it still burns me up to this day if I think about it) you can be sure BB and Co. have never forgotten it.
Would love for Goodell to experience a high level of firsthand frost from the Patriots in front of the entire nation post SB some year.
Talk about the ultimate payback. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes